Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: White Sox Win the World Series in a Sweep!!!

"kansas_man54" wrote:
    I'm happy that my chisox finally did something. I've had a good couple of days. They won and our vikes finally showed a little bit of life in a game that meant so much. Still got a ways to go though. Hope they turn things around! we'll see.
    Welcome kansas_man54! And many thanks for serving your fellow Americans in Iraq!!! We all hope that you and your brethren come back safely...sooner rather than later! Glad to hear that you are getting some joy from your teams back home! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"TARKenton" wrote:
    Can anyone translate this for me? They didnt teach cajun at my school. What a crappy world series anyways. This is the first time I have not watched one game.
    If you didn't watch, how do you know! I guess if it doesn't spark an interest, then it is doomed and label bad even without actually watching any of it. There is no way I can convince people that didn't watch it. It even set record for the longest game and the most pitchers in one game, and the lowest TV rating in WS TV history.

I think that it is truly a sign of our Culture. People don't want to keep their interest over a series if their team is not involved, me included (Twins or Astros only) That is why the Suberbowl gets such good ratings for a sporting event. It is one 4 hour shabang with little emotional involvement.

But please don't tell me that it was bad when I actually watched it and thought it was great!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "TARKenton" wrote:
    "Articnv" wrote:
    what world seris over owel twisn wernt in i didnt care lol. Msut have been booring if the sox swept

Can anyone translate this for me? They didnt teach cajun at my school. What a crappy world series anyways. This is the first time I have not watched one game.
    articnv isn't Cajun...but I will make him an honorary one if he wants me to. He just has to profess a devout love for all things Cajun...not just the women!

BTW he said: What World Series? Over when Twins weren't in it. I didn't care. Laughing out loud. Must have been boring if White Sox swept.

See it wasn't that hard...once you adjust for artic's unique style of expression, you can see that he provides invaluable insight...although I don't agree with his opinion in this particular instance!!!

You almost got it right Caj! Instead of him saying over.. I believe it said O well..

As for the Sox.. I knew it would happen.. I said NO WAY would the stros be able to hit off of the Sox pitching.. Represent the Central Sox!! Too bad the Bears arent gonna win the division for football

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "TARKenton" wrote:
    If you didn't watch, how do you know! I guess if it doesn't spark an interest, then it is doomed and label bad even without actually watching any of it. There is no way I can convince people that didn't watch it. It even set record for the longest game and the most pitchers in one game, and the lowest TV rating in WS TV history.

I think that it is truly a sign of our Culture. People don't want to keep their interest over a series if their team is not involved, me included (Twins or Astros only) That is why the Suberbowl gets such good ratings for a sporting event. It is one 4 hour shabang with little emotional involvement.

But please don't tell me that it was bad when I actually watched it and thought it was great!

i agree with you to a certain extent. Baseball, to me, is boring to begin with. Its like watching golf or tennis. Long, drawn out pissing match. i will point out that there are fireworks in baseball every so often, but look at game 4, 1-0. I dont like falling asleep when watching sports. I didnt mean to offend any sox or stros fans, congrats to both of your teams for outstanding seasons, but my opinion of baseball is that its boring to me. If you enjoy it, keep enjoying it. As far as series championships go, I dont lose interest if my teams not in it. I always watch the NBA finals, regardless of whos in it. My Pacers havent been there since 2000, yet ive seen every game of the finals over the past few years. Why do i watch? For the action.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Baseball is like,"oh the fireworks are coming, just about there, bang. That was great, are there anymore coming!"

Football is like, "uh pretty, ahhhh....hhhh, there is some more, uh ahhhh....hhhh"

Two different types of action.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123