Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: White Sox Win the World Series in a Sweep!!!

"Vikes" wrote:
    Congrats...boring World Series though.
    Why boring...the Astros lost 4 games by a total of 5 runs...every game was in doubt until the very end...unless you like games with tons of offense and no pitching or defense. I think that it was a very good matchup and that the Astros could have won any or all of the four games...which certainly made the games very watchable and tense.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    Why boring...the Astros lost 4 games by a total of 5 runs...every game was in doubt until the very end...unless you like games with tons of offense and no pitching or defense. I think that it was a very good matchup and that the Astros could have won any or all of the four games...which certainly made the games very watchable and tense.
    i totally agree Cajun, i sat there and watched the entire 5 and half hours that it took for Game 3 to be decided. it was intense, one of the better series that i've seen in awhile wish the astros could have pulled a couple games out so it would still be going. i'm gonna miss baseball til next spring.

Thanks Josdin

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Twins #1
    White Sox #2

way to go sox!

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

I was cheering for the socks only because if they won they would make the American league central look great and make the teams in the division look good. It made the twins look great Ozzie likes how the twins played he wanted to model them and play small ball like them. The Sox had better hitters than the twins but it still made us look good.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

never knew Ozzie modeled the team after us. that's pretty cool. the AL Central is beginning to look very competitive, the Indians really lit it up in the 2nd half, the twins just need a solid hitter to be the top of AL Central again their pitching staff is still solid, the Sox just play very sound baseball made me mad sometimes but they won. i just don't want to hear about how awesome the sox are all offseason.

Thanks Josdin

kansas_man54 is offline Rookie

I'm happy that my chisox finally did something. I've had a good couple of days. They won and our vikes finally showed a little bit of life in a game that meant so much. Still got a ways to go though. Hope they turn things around! we'll see.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanist bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"----Eleanor Roosevelt

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    True, it was an excellent series. I watch all the games. It was some awesome pitching. The Astros tied the game up two times in the 8th and 9th innings to take the games to extra innings. The Astros just didn't have the bats going. They played kinda like they did before they turned it around this year. They petered out in the World Series, ran out of gas. They had too many guys left on base. The Sox came up with the hits when they needed them the most.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

I like the White Sox, but this is just wrong.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1756&e=1&u=/051027/483/hta19010270538

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

"Articnv" wrote:
    what world seris over owel twisn wernt in i didnt care lol. Msut have been booring if the sox swept

Can anyone translate this for me? They didnt teach cajun at my school. What a crappy world series anyways. This is the first time I have not watched one game.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"TARKenton" wrote:
    "Articnv" wrote:
    what world seris over owel twisn wernt in i didnt care lol. Msut have been booring if the sox swept

Can anyone translate this for me? They didnt teach cajun at my school. What a crappy world series anyways. This is the first time I have not watched one game.
    articnv isn't Cajun...but I will make him an honorary one if he wants me to. He just has to profess a devout love for all things Cajun...not just the women!

BTW he said: What World Series? Over when Twins weren't in it. I didn't care. Laughing out loud. Must have been boring if White Sox swept.

See it wasn't that hard...once you adjust for artic's unique style of expression, you can see that he provides invaluable insight...although I don't agree with his opinion in this particular instance!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast