COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Where's The Seperation?

I thought it was Clinton who was so much in favor of seperation of Church and State and that he wanted to take the tax-free status away from churches that got involved in politics???

Now this:
    Clintons take Senate campaign to church

Former President Clinton asked parishioners at church services today to re-elect his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, and to cast their votes in what he called “one of the three or four most important elections of the last hundred years.”

The Clintons attended services at the Allen AME Cathedral, a 10,000-member black congregation in Queens headed by the Rev. Floyd Flake, a former Democratic congressman. Bill Clinton told the congregation that he hoped the state would “renew her contract because I believe she is doing what she was meant to do.”

Sen. Clinton thanked the congregation for allowing her to represent them. “I am optimistic that we will get our country back on the right track,” she said to broad applause.

As a pastor myself, I would NEVER allow any politicking go on inside a church.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Re: Where's The Seperation?

I would say that is a bit odd.

But considering the political climate at the moment perhaps he has had to soften his stance a bit.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I'm going to comment before this gets locked!

The seperation of church and state is only supported when it benefits THEM. They're politicians....'nuff said.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

What's good for the goose is good for the gander...as long as EITHER candidate isn't saying that the congregation HAS TO vote for that particular candidate, I see no problem.
    Conservative would have the legislature say that EVERYONE HAS TO follow certain of God's commandments...and that is definitely NOT right.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    I'm going to comment before this gets locked!

The seperation of church and state is only supported when it benefits THEM. They're politicians....'nuff said.
    That goes BOTH ways!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I go BOTH ways!
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain