Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    dauntefan is offline Training Camp

Where are you from Vikings fans?

I live in Iowa as well. My dad is a Vikings fan and he got it from my grandpa. I guess I had no choice. I grew up watching Vikings games, ever since the C. Carter, A. Carter, and Wade Wilson days. Now i'm just a huge Vikings fan. If the Vikings lose, it ruins the week for me until they play again. Sad, isn't it?

vikingsdiva is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Where are you from Vikings fans?

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "vikingsdiva" wrote:
    Sorry if this has been done, but humor me. I am amused when interacting with many of you diehard Vikes fans, that alot of you are all from places other than Minnesota. So my question is where are you from and what made you a fan?
    I live in Iowa. But I was born and raised in Northern Minnesota. I remember watching many games as a kid with my older brother. He sort of made me a tomboy. Anyways when I grew up I was lured by a charming Vikes fan to Iowa. He introduced me to many players. That was cool. But it really hit me hard like a drug in like 1998 watching Robert Smith. He was breaking tackles and dodging backs like nothing I had ever seen.
    Quite often you will hear a parent talk about the moment that they fell in love with their child. :love3: This was the moment that I fell madly passionately in love with football. :love9: It's in my veins, I bleed purple.
    So now it's your turn! Tell your story.
    I'm from South Central LA...Louisiana, that is...hence the Cajun part of my name. The Vike part comes from the fact that when I started watching football, a tomboy, who was one year older than me, got me hooked on the Vikes and Fran Tarkenton...and I have been a diehard Vikings fan ever since! :cheers:
    Um..Cajun, how old are you?
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Where are you from Vikings fans?

"vikingsdiva" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "vikingsdiva" wrote:
    Sorry if this has been done, but humor me. I am amused when interacting with many of you diehard Vikes fans, that alot of you are all from places other than Minnesota. So my question is where are you from and what made you a fan?
    I live in Iowa. But I was born and raised in Northern Minnesota. I remember watching many games as a kid with my older brother. He sort of made me a tomboy. Anyways when I grew up I was lured by a charming Vikes fan to Iowa. He introduced me to many players. That was cool. But it really hit me hard like a drug in like 1998 watching Robert Smith. He was breaking tackles and dodging backs like nothing I had ever seen.
    Quite often you will hear a parent talk about the moment that they fell in love with their child. :love3: This was the moment that I fell madly passionately in love with football. :love9: It's in my veins, I bleed purple.
    So now it's your turn! Tell your story.
    I'm from South Central LA...Louisiana, that is...hence the Cajun part of my name. The Vike part comes from the fact that when I started watching football, a tomboy, who was one year older than me, got me hooked on the Vikes and Fran Tarkenton...and I have been a diehard Vikings fan ever since! :cheers:
    Um..Cajun, how old are you?
    How old do you think I am?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Watching Fran Tarkenton with a girlfriend puts you at 50? Wild guess.
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann

"vikingsdiva" wrote:
    I said that she was a tomboy...not my girlfriend...I moved to a new neighborhood when I was 5...and met this tomboy shortly thereafter...shave exactly 10 years off of your wild guess and you will be on target. Yes, I am 40...but still in my early 20s in my mind...can't you tell?

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "vikingsdiva" wrote:
    I said that she was a tomboy...not my girlfriend...I moved to a new neighborhood when I was 5...and met this tomboy shortly thereafter...shave exactly 10 years off of your wild guess and you will be on target. Yes, I am 40...but still in my early 20s in my mind...can't you tell?
    Yes but I'm 29 and I think I'm 19
    --Joe Theismann

"vikingsdiva" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "vikingsdiva" wrote:
    Yes but I'm 29 and I think I'm 19
    You know what they say...you are only as old as you feel. Unfortunately, after my snowboarding trip, I feel about 70!

English Vike is offline Starter

as my name, my sig, my location box and my ava all combine to show you i am quite clearly an english vike beyond all doubt.. to cut a long story short i fell in love with the vikings by watching the p*ckers beat them just as my obsession with the nfl was beginning, it was such a lucky lucky victory that it just made me angry, and really really want the vikes to beat them.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

fargo north dakota

Angryviking is offline Starter

Albuquerque, New Mexico. My family is mostly from Minnesota so i just became a diehard fan. Couldn't really c any of the games tho until i got DIRECTV and now i watch everygame. GO VIKINGS
    b07c3df44d1c1ef4f2f2dc468267cdf3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast