Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Articnv is offline Coach

Where are you from Vikings fans?

ooo hibing home hoem hoem on the range. My great grandma just lives north fo you in chisolm. I may be goign up there thsi summer to visit her depnds on gas prices as its a3 hr drive from st cloud. I also have a unlce that bar tends at tom and jerrys in chisolm and a unt that works at teh public library in chisolm and soem cusins thats have a junkyard near virgiana. Its fun goign rat shooting lol.

Any way my mom got me into vikings. Dad wasnt aroudn much bcz if he was working double shifts so me and sis coudl eat while parnets switched off on days were oen woudl eat on iother wouldnt he was fishign or hunting. All my mom did was watch vikings sports for the north stars when i use to love hockey before hockey betrayed me. The twins the vikings and the ocsaional twolves. The only pro minnesota tm i havnt seen is pro hockey. but i dont think it woudl be as good as a St Cloud State vrs Minnesota gophers here in st cloud. IU real didnt get into football til high school as i would rather of gone hunting or fishign with my dad bcz i rarly say him. That changed as we grew apart and footbaal was better then standing with wader in water up to your chest with 15 30 mile hr winds and snow for a chance to geta shot at a duck or goose. But pheasent hunting always listened to the vikinsg game as when the vikinsg were winnign we say pheasents. My dad always seems to pick when the vikings are going to lose in 10 years hes lost only 2 bets and 1 of them was by the point spread. were he was right but vikings didnt los eby enuff points

vikingsfanatic94 is offline Training Camp

I'm stuck on the state linr of IL. and WI., so you can imagine the idiots I deal with.LOL. I was a steeler fan as a youg boy, not by choice my father had his influences. I became a die hard fan in august of 1994. I was just a football fan in general, and i married into a Min. Vikings fanatic family. Yes thank God that I have a Fiather-in-Law not an Outlaw, that has been a fan since 61'. My wife is as much of a Vikes fanatic as I am, a little too supersticious sometimes though. My 2 boys first words were go Vikes! Followed by Packers and doing a rasberry for the Pack. I have various viking mythology(vikings, longship, and a griffin) tattooed on my arm from elbow to wrist all the way around. I have been a tattoo artist for 9 years and my dream would be to tattoo one or more of the Minnesota Vikings.

Let s put the women and children to bed and go look for dinner... (the Program)

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

I was born in Minneapolis, raised in the Brainerd Lakes Area 95% of my life.

I moved to the MSP area @ 19 to work construction, then moved back up 3 years later.

THE_ANIMAL_06 is offline Waterboy

Names Cody Bier born in Willmar, MN but moved to Mitchell, SD (damnit) But im always in Minnesota to see family and what not. I hope on goin to play college ball at University of Minnesota in a few years hopefully and who knows maybe you'll see me in the draft someday ha.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I was born in Minneapolis, raised in the Brainerd Lakes Area 95% of my life.

I moved to the MSP area @ 19 to work construction, then moved back up 3 years later.
    Oh, I forgot this.

Your always a fan of your home team, but....

I became a "die hard" Viking fan while living in the TC. Like I said, I worked construction and by Sunday I was tired, so I'd lay around and watch the Vikes. That's how it came to be. I haven't missed an entire game in over 10 years.

GQVikesfan is offline Starter

I was born in Torrance, California and was raised and currently live in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Vikings are the only team that I liked and cheered for. I have family up in Alexandria, Minnesota and every summer I used to go up there and visit them. I'm in love with the state of Minnesota and I am trying to convince my wife that Minnesota is the place to move to. Since I loved the state of Minny.. I also got attached to whatever was around it (hence the Vikings). I have a kid on the way.. and rest assured, my son or daughter will bleed purple as well! :salute:
    My toys!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/?action=viewĄt=car2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/Audi3.jpg

EastCoastViking is offline Waterboy

I am 14 and I live in North Carolina but my Dad is from Minnesota,he is in Atlanta right now, and he raised me up to be a Minnesota Vikings fan. My dad was raised in Walters,Minnesota it is a really small town and I mean really small. Tell me if you've heard of it
    [img:59f3eeb008]http://xs21.xs.to/pics/05121/eastcoast1.gif[/img:59f3eeb008]

Compliments of Vikez06

I was born and raised in virginia, my dad as well but when he was young he loved watching the vikes play in the snow so he started liking them so I was pretty much a Vikes fan at birth
    Son, when you participate in sporting events it s not whether you win or lose, it s how drunk you get. -Homer J. Simpson

It s not just about me and my dream of doing nothing; it s about all of us...together!-Peter Gibbons

UMDTwinsfan is offline Rookie

Born and raised in white Bear Lake here... going to school in duluth (the UMD reference kinda gives it away) oh well can remember when i first became a die hard vikings games but my dad has had me watching with him since i was born so it jsut grew into this
    Mike Tyson~ "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    [img:01cfef02d5]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/MNTwins757/mine/Chrissfistattempt.jpg[/img:01cfef02d5]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Where are you from Vikings fans?

"vikingsdiva" wrote:
    Sorry if this has been done, but humor me. I am amused when interacting with many of you diehard Vikes fans, that alot of you are all from places other than Minnesota. So my question is where are you from and what made you a fan?
    I live in Iowa. But I was born and raised in Northern Minnesota. I remember watching many games as a kid with my older brother. He sort of made me a tomboy. Anyways when I grew up I was lured by a charming Vikes fan to Iowa. He introduced me to many players. That was cool. But it really hit me hard like a drug in like 1998 watching Robert Smith. He was breaking tackles and dodging backs like nothing I had ever seen.
    Quite often you will hear a parent talk about the moment that they fell in love with their child. :love3: This was the moment that I fell madly passionately in love with football. :love9: It's in my veins, I bleed purple.
    So now it's your turn! Tell your story.
    I'm from South Central LA...Louisiana, that is...hence the Cajun part of my name. The Vike part comes from the fact that when I started watching football, a tomboy, who was one year older than me, got me hooked on the Vikes and Fran Tarkenton...and I have been a diehard Vikings fan ever since! :cheers:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast