Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vikingsdiva is offline Pro-Bowler

Where are you from Vikings fans?

Sorry if this has been done, but humor me. I am amused when interacting with many of you diehard Vikes fans, that alot of you are all from places other than Minnesota. So my question is where are you from and what made you a fan?
    I live in Iowa. But I was born and raised in Northern Minnesota. I remember watching many games as a kid with my older brother. He sort of made me a tomboy. Anyways when I grew up I was lured by a charming Vikes fan to Iowa. He introduced me to many players. That was cool. But it really hit me hard like a drug in like 1998 watching Robert Smith. He was breaking tackles and dodging backs like nothing I had ever seen.
    Quite often you will hear a parent talk about the moment that they fell in love with their child. :love3: This was the moment that I fell madly passionately in love with football. :love9: It's in my veins, I bleed purple.
    So now it's your turn! Tell your story.
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann

troel is offline Waterboy

Though I live in Okeeville - born in brainerd - raised in St. Cloud. Norwegian - related to Thor the Viking - of course my Dad baptized me into the purple. Joe Kapp - Gene Washington - Eller - and that team was my first exposure - then fran - john gilliam - foreman - et al. i know every player that ever played for gang. millard was one of my all time favorites. i liked ted brown a bit. turner and teal. browner. mclanahan. i like the idea of picking up that huge RB - 267lb beast. smash it - and throw it long - smash it and throw it long. hate the 'west coast' dink and dime - though Jerry Burns invented it - NOT bill walsh. Fran and chuck made an art out of it. I, also want DJ
    arvid

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Live smack dab in the middle of Minny, just north of Brainerd. Been here all my life. (which ain't too much.)
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Hey Diva,

Those words alone, make me want to meet you.....YE HAAAAAAAA...

Ned here, from Connecticut, been bleeding purple my whole life.

My first experience w/football was a town league. My dad signed me up....I was about 6........I played for the West Hartford,CT. Vikings.....Pee Wee League, one Sunday after the fact, my Dad was watching the NFL on TV...His Giants were playing....Who I can't remember, but I asked, is there a Viking Pro Team, he said yes, the MN. Vikings. I then replied, Thats My Team, he said OH MY GOD....LOL>...

I've never Looked Back...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Hey Diva,

Those words alone, make me want to meet you.....YE HAAAAAAAA...

Ned here, from Connecticut, been bleeding purple my whole life.

My first experience w/football was a town league. My dad signed me up....I was about 6........I played for the West Hartford,CT. Vikings.....Pee Wee League, one Sunday after the fact, my Dad was watching the NFL on TV...His Giants were playing....Who I can't remember, but I asked, is there a Viking Pro Team, he said yes, the MN. Vikings. I then replied, Thats My Team, he said OH MY GOD....LOL>...

I've never Looked Back...
    That's an awesome story!!
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

It musta been the horn embedded on the football helmet that had me drawn.. I hope they never change that.

i live in fort myers, florida, 2hrs south of tampa... hence the name......

I am from the international border the "icebox of the nation" good ole International Falls. Right now I am going to school in Hibbing but I that is until may and I am going back up there after the semester is done.

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    It musta been the horn embedded on the football helmet that had me drawn.. I hope they never change that.
    Can't happen. Like changing the location. Doesn't work. So are you as scary as your avatar???
    --Joe Theismann

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Umm. yeah I guess. I don't think I'd have it any other way. :evil4:

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast