Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: The where is Kevin Garnett going thread

"LosVikingosSDCA" wrote:
    As a die-hard Lakers fan I can say I would take KG on the Lake Show only because Kobe needs help but KG is not a clutch player and everyone who watches the NBA knows that.
    KG puts up good numbers game in and game out but he has never performed well in the clutch.
    The one year that KG went deep in the playoffs it was because of Sam I Am and Spree.
    KG will only win a title in a situation where he is not the main threat.
    I have always felt KG thrived in the Twin Cities being the Big Fish in a very tiny pond.
    Maybe you should look at your own superstar. He shoots up bricks all game long, then cries to the officials after every play. Yeah he was good, when Shaq was there. You put shaq and garnett on the same team and they win 10 championships. Kobe has the biggest ego of any athlete and could learn a whole hell of a lot from watching KG. Oh yeah, and hes a rapist.

Json is offline GM

Well regardless, I was able to meet KG in the mall of america about 6 years ago when I was shopping in the same store has him and a couple of his friends.
    I went up shook his hand and told him thanks for being such a great player and person.
    What really stood out was his diamond necklace in a shape of a padalock.
    It was nothing but diamonds from top to bottom.
    The padalock was not huge but nice enough that you knew it costed a mint to get.
    That and his famous earings...wow those are much bigger in person.

Send KG to Phoenix.
    I would love to see Steve Nash dishing the rock to KG all year long.
    That would make me a happy camper.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

He is going nowhere.
    I wonder if we should have kept Brandon Roy (ROY).
    Foye mill still turn out ok.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "LosVikingosSDCA" wrote:
    As a die-hard Lakers fan I can say I would take KG on the Lake Show only because Kobe needs help but KG is not a clutch player and everyone who watches the NBA knows that.
    KG puts up good numbers game in and game out but he has never performed well in the clutch.
    The one year that KG went deep in the playoffs it was because of Sam I Am and Spree.
    I have always felt KG thrived in the Twin Cities being the Big Fish in a very tiny pond.
    Maybe you should look at your own superstar. He shoots up bricks all game long, then cries to the officials after every play. Yeah he was good, when Shaq was there. You put shaq and garnett on the same team and they win 10 championships. Kobe has the biggest ego of any athlete and could learn a whole hell of a lot from watching KG. Oh yeah, and hes a rapist.
    LOL, you have NO idea what your talking about. Everything LosVikingosSDCA said was correct. KG has a tremendous amount of heart for the game, but he's NOT clutch. He's never been able to get it done when the game is on the line.

Whether you like Kobe Bryant or not, he's one of the best players the NBA has EVER seen. And it's a privelge to watch him play basketball. Kobe has killer instinct, that's something that KG has always lacked.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Its been hard to watch the T-Wlves the last couple of years. But it looks enevtable that KG is going somewhere. alot of Rumors.
    Hard to watch the NBA period.
    Horrific basketball played with decreasing amounts of skill.

Where's the "Who cares where KG or anyone else goes?" thread?

=Z=
    LOL, please Zeus.

This post only further proves that you shouldn't talk about things that you don't follow. Sure, the NBA isn't what it use to be. The league isn't as good as it was in the 90's, but the skill isn't decreasing

Yao Ming, Kobe Bryant, Carmello Anthony, Lebron James, Kevin Garnett, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, etc.

Not to mention you've got a great class of players entering the league starting with Greg Oden and Kevin Durant.
    Young bitches is grazed

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "LosVikingosSDCA" wrote:
    LOL, you have NO idea what your talking about. Everything LosVikingosSDCA said was correct. KG has a tremendous amount of heart for the game, but he's NOT clutch. He's never been able to get it done when the game is on the line.

Whether you like Kobe Bryant or not, he's one of the best players the NBA has EVER seen. And it's a privelge to watch him play basketball. Kobe has killer instinct, that's something that KG has always lacked.
    Who has raped more women?
    Kobe Bryant always takes the last shot(and most of the others too) for his team, sometimes they go in but more often than not they don't.
    What are you disagreeing with? Does he have a lower shooting percentage than garnett? Does Kobe constantly claim he was fouled/didn't foul? Do you think Kobe's ego is not bigger than most solar systems? Do you think that Kobe is not a rapist?
    Kobe is a selfish person and a selfish player. That is why Kobe will never win an MVP like KG.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "LosVikingosSDCA" wrote:

Kobe Bryant always takes the last shot(and most of the others too) for his team, sometimes they go in but more often than not they don't.
    What are you disagreeing with? Does he have a lower shooting percentage than garnett? Does Kobe constantly claim he was fouled/didn't foul? Do you think Kobe's ego is not bigger than most solar systems? Do you think that Kobe is not a rapist?
    Kobe is a selfish person and a selfish player. That is why Kobe will never win an MVP like KG.
    LOL, I can see this isn't about Kobe's game, but his off the court issues. I agree that Kobe Bryant is selfish, but that dosen't take away from the fact of how good he is.

I don't know what your talking about, but Kobe makes most of the shots he attempts in the clutch. Nobody is better than him when the game is on the line.

The only reason Kobe hasn't won the MVP award, is because he dosen't have enough help to total a large number of regular season victories. If it weren't for Kobe, the Lakers wouldn't even come close to making the playoffs in the Western Confernce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU7JZeVkTrg
    Young bitches is grazed

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Its been hard to watch the T-Wlves the last couple of years. But it looks enevtable that KG is going somewhere. alot of Rumors.
    Hard to watch the NBA period.  Horrific basketball played with decreasing amounts of skill.

Where's the "Who cares where KG or anyone else goes?" thread?
    LOL, please Zeus.

This post only further proves that you shouldn't talk about things that you don't follow. Sure, the NBA isn't what it use to be. The league isn't as good as it was in the 90's, but the skill isn't decreasing

Yao Ming, Kobe Bryant, Carmello Anthony, Lebron James, Kevin Garnett, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, etc.

Not to mention you've got a great class of players entering the league starting with Greg Oden and Kevin Durant.
    Game 1: CAVALIERS 76 @ SPURS 85
    Game 2: CAVALIERS 92 @ SPURS 103
    Game 3: SPURS 75 @ CAVALIERS 72 
    Game 4: SPURS 83 @ CAVALIERS 82

One game of 4 where the teams scored more than 90 points. 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2007/06/15/finals.ratings.ap/index.html

Finals draw record-low TV ratings
    Posted: Friday June 15, 2007 5:53PM; Updated: Friday June 15, 2007 5:57PM

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NBA finals were a television bust.

San Antonio's four-game sweep of Cleveland finished with a record-low 6.2 television rating and 11 share on ABC, Nielsen Media Research said Friday. That was down 27 percent from the 8.5/15 for Miami's six-game victory over Dallas last year and 5 percent under the previous low, a 6.5/12 for San Antonio's six-game win over New Jersey in 2003. The NBA finals averaged 9.3 million viewers this year.

San Antonio's series-winning 83-82 victory on Thursday night got a 6.5/12, down 17 percent from the 7.8/14 for Game 4 last year.
    Record-low TV ratings.  I guess I'm not the only one who finds the NBA to be unwatchable.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "LosVikingosSDCA" wrote:

LOL, I can see this isn't about Kobe's game, but his off the court issues. I agree that Kobe Bryant is selfish, but that dosen't take away from the fact of how good he is.

I don't know what your talking about, but Kobe makes most of the shots he attempts in the clutch. Nobody is better than him when the game is on the line.

The only reason Kobe hasn't won the MVP award, is because he dosen't have enough help to total a large number of regular season victories. If it weren't for Kobe, the Lakers wouldn't even come close to making the playoffs in the Western Confernce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU7JZeVkTrg
    Kobe Bryant has better teammates than KG. Kobe Bryant has far better coaches than KG. Kobe Bryant has an infinitly better management team than KG. Plus Kobe played most of his career with the best Center in the last 30 years. So why could he not win MVP?

LosVikingosSDCA is offline Training Camp

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "LosVikingosSDCA" wrote:

As someone who lives in Southern California, I have watched a lot of Lakers game played since Shaq was traded to Miami and seen him do everything from score 81 points in a game where every point was needed against Toronto to passing the rock and not taking a shot in the whole first quarter just to see his easy assists turn into missed shots.
    Kobe does take the last shot but he has always came through in the clutch.
    Game 4 of the 2000 Finals against the Pacers, Shaq has fouled out and Kobe goes mano y mano against Reggie one of the ultimate clutch players in NBA history and wins the decisive game on his own.

Kobe is currently the best closer of any player in the NBA today.

-There are a lot more selfish players in the NBA then Kobe.
    I truly feel every team in the NBA would take him on their team and they could immediately become a playoff caliber team.

Concerning the rape allegations, they were dropped and he settled with her.
    So if the Nuggets fans can get over it, surely you can too.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast