Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

When/how did you become a Viking fan?

Ewww.. I'm telling. Does the church know you listen to those satan worshippers?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

i dont care haha. i love football keeps me posted on whuts happeneing too

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

great thread by the wat ultra!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Well, here I go. I was born and raised in Minnesota way back in 1979! My dad is a huge sports fan (all Minny of course) and so as I was growing up I followed in his footsteps! For every birthday and Christmas we (my younger brother and I) were sure to get something that had to do with sports, wether it was a new baseball glove, rollerblades, a football, the list goes on and on!

I really started watching the vikes probably when I was in about 3rd grade. I would watch them when I was little with my dad, but I couldn't just sit there and watch the whole game with him. I knew who we wanted to win, but it was a long time to sit there and just watch something!!

I didn't become a psychotic fan until the day Moss was drafted, my freshman year of college. I was a big fan while I was in high school, but I had to work every Sunday so I didn't get to watch many games! But that great day we drafted Moss was the day I got really excited for the season to start!! Going to a University right on the border of Minny and Wisconny really fueled me for football too because there was a pretty even split of Vikes and pack fans (at least in my group of friends).

I am a huge collector, anything I can get my hands on that has to do with the Vikings. Jerseys, football cards (I have over 1,000 Moss cards), bobbleheads, die cast cars, buses, planes, etc., publications such as the media guide and team yearbook! Anything, the list goes on and on. There isn't a whole lot that I like, but when it comes to my Vikes nothing gets in my way!! Thank God for the purchasing power of my VIKINGS VISA (I suggest you all get one!)

I moved to Wisconny in the summer of 2002 with my packer fan girlfriend and I think my love for the vikes is bigger now because I have to put up with so many cheesedinks! My most prized possesion is my VKG 4 LFE license plate, just to show everybody I'm not afraid of some little cheesehead!! GO VIKES!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

mark is offline Asst. Coach

I became a football fan in 1990.Im a baseball player so i grew up watching baseball but when I saw Warren Moon play I became a fan. The oilers were my favorite team then moon went to the vikings and they were my favorite team then when he went to the seahawks I tried to like them but it was to late I was already hooked on the vikings.Ive been a huge fan(following the draft,offseason)since 98.
    <!--
    sig -->

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

I can pinpoint when I started wearing purple to the year of 1993. Never had much love for football till around then for some reason. I was a huge 76er fan and i spent most of my time playing basketball other than some pick-up football games with my bros...still like the Sixers, but basketball is just too gheto anymore. The Sixers are the only Philly team i ever like though I only live an hour away. though their Arena football team, Philly Soul, is pretty cool. Then I joined my high school freshman football team and played a couple years, still with basketball as my priority. My first memory of the vikes was Jim Mcmahon with his sun visor scampering around and throwing to the carters X 2: cris and anthony. McMahon and Cris Carter both used to play for the Eagles and remember them both as my father watched the Eagles religiously and still does. I have McMahon's autograph in a Vikes Jersey and Anthony Carter's.

I might have chosen the Vikes out of spite because Eagles player were ending up in MN and it just took. I considered it "their loss (the eagles)" As the years passed, I remember the personel changes like Moon, then Robert Smith, and Cunningham--another ex-Eagle. In fact, my love for the vikes went hay-wire when we had the dream season in 98...i wore my official Anthony Carter Practice jersey. I remember how shitty i felt when Gary Anderson missed his only field goal against the Falcons... there you go. it all in a nutshell.

I now watch every game thanks to Direct TV! My fiance' soon to be wife is actually from St. Paul and I get to visit some of her family in MN when ever we can. Everytime we go though it is either not football season or the vikes are away. I sat in a Minnie sports bar for the Saints game! love the energy. I went to the Metrodome to a snow motor cross event. I could just imagine being there for an actual game. I am making sure the next time we go to MN that the Vikes are playing at home that week!

VikesfaninGB is offline Training Camp

This is a great thread.

My story is actually pretty similar to VKG4LFE. I grew up in Minnesota as a second generation Viking fan. I remember getting a Scott Studwell jersey for my birthday when I was in the second grade. I wore it all the time. I didn't become a hardcore fan until I moved to WI in 92/93. Even then it was hard because you didn't get to see every game. When Sunday Ticket came out, my dad went and got a dish and signed up. We were so excited. I hit my peek as a Vikes fan when they drafted Moss. That first game he played against Green Bay at Lambeau was amazing. I remember sitting in my dorm room alone (because I couldn't take the Packer fans saying the Vikes had no chance). When Moss scored that touchdown where he stepped over Tyrone "Drive By" Williams, I ran down the hall of the dorm just yelling "Go Pack Go", just to taunt those idiots. I've never seen all those doors close faster in my life. I don't have the liscense plate (yet), but I use to drive around with a sign in my back window that said "Honk if You're a Viking Fan". I'd get dirty looks and middle fingers all the time. Eventually I got pulled over by a cop and forced to take it down but it was worth it. And like most of you, as more time has gone on, I have seemed to become more involved (draft prospects, coaching staff changes, etc.)
    Lois: You re drunk again.
    Peter: No, I m just exhausted cause I ve been up all night drinking.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I was about 7 or 8 when I started paying attention to football. I like defense, and mostly interceptions. Although my dad was a Browns fan, and I was, and they are still my second team, most of my favorite players were on the Vikings.

Chris Doleman, Keith Millard, and Joey Browner were all on the Vikings about that time. I also like their white uniforms. I thought they were pretty sweet. I was also happy when I got Vikings and Browns players from a pack of football cards. I liked the way the name Minnesota Vikings just rolls off your tongue. I liked the horns on the helmets.

Then, I was looking at the vital stats on the back of my sports cards and saw that Joey Browner was from Warren, Ohio. I was from Warren, OH. He was a Viking, played defense, and had like 7 int's the season on the card I was looking at. That pretty much sealed the deal.

Then Anthony Carter and Cris Carter were probably my two favorite wide receivers in the early 90's. So they have just stuck with me. I've probably been a fan for about 17 or 18 years now.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

A lot of good stuff here, keep 'em coming!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I fell down and bumped my head. When I came to everything was purple. That was enough for me.

Just Kidding.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast