digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Wheel of Time has run out of Time

It's sad to state that one of the better authors of the last few decades has passed away leaving behiend millions of readers searching for an end to the series "Wheel of Time" as well as most of the famous "Conan" series, yes even the books the movies were based off.

his last book, said to finish it was going to be a monster.. set for release date in early 2009 the much anticipated book will now probably be finished by family and editor based on notes left by Jordan.

It is a sad time for Sci-Fi/Fantasy ganre readers.

Robert Jordan was the pen name of James Oliver Rigney, Jr. (October 17, 1948 – September 16, 2007), under which he was best known as the author of the bestselling The Wheel of Time fantasy series. He also wrote under the name Reagan O'Neal.

Illness
    On March 23, 2006, Jordan disclosed in a statement[4] in a firm and optimistic tone that he had been diagnosed with primary amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy (cardiac amyloidosis), and that, with treatment, his median life expectancy was four years, though he said he intended to beat the statistics. He later posted on his Dragonmount blog to encourage his fans not to worry about him and that he intended to have a long and fully creative life, working for another 30 years.

He began chemotherapy treatment at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota in early April 2006.[5] Jordan was enrolled in a study using the drug Revlimid just approved for multiple myeloma but not yet tested on primary amyloidosis.

Jordan succumbed to his illness on September 16, 2007 and died at approximately 2:45 p.m. EDT.[1]
    R.I.P
    James Oliver Rigney, Jr, the legacy of Robert Jordan will live on like the tails of J.R.R.T.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wheel of Time has run out of Time

Sad news....although many of us knew it was coming.

I burned out on WoT @ book 9, but planned to pick it up again once it was completed (I hate waiting for books...the Fire & Ice series by George R.R. Martin is a great example).
    Now, we aare left to wonder how Jordan would have really finished it.

Caine

"Caine" wrote:

I burned out on WoT @ book 9, but planned to pick it up again once it was completed (I hate waiting for books...the Fire & Ice series by George R.R. Martin is a great example).

Caine
    I undertsand the annoyance of waiting.. I started the series when it was on book 4. had to wait 2 years for each of the @$%^!$# good books to come out.

T.O.R publishing, His wife (main editor) and TOR's editors + an army of writers will be creating a team to finish the book based on Jordan's notes of the MANY plot threads he had.

hopefully it will be finished sometime early 2009 still.. as Millions are waiting for this series final.

he was one of the greatest of his genre.. a true master of fantasy/sci-fi.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

"Caine" wrote:

Caine
    Just read that based on his notes, dictations, and directions his wife, T.O.R publishing and an army of writers will finish the last book of the series.

he seems to have left all the information necessary as he saw that the end was closer to him then the end of the book.
    2 bad it won't be his hand finishing the amazing tales started almost a lifetime ago.

time to reread all my conan books!!

DiGiTaL

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"Caine" wrote:

Caine
    He has always said that from the very beginning, he has known how the final scene would play out, and had it written in his mind. I have a feeling that must have been one of the first things that he passed on to his wife and the 'army of writers'. I think we will know how he planned on finishing it.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Meanwhile, "the wheel in the sky keeps on turning...but I don't know where I'll be tomorrow"

One thing is for sure, it is a heck of a Journey!

LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"digital420" wrote:
    It's sad to state that one of the better authors of the last few decades has passed away leaving behiend millions of readers searching for an end to the series "Wheel of Time" as well as most of the famous "Conan" series, yes even the books the movies were based off.

his last book, said to finish it was going to be a monster.. set for release date in early 2009 the much anticipated book will now probably be finished by family and editor based on notes left by Jordan.

Robert Jordan was the pen name of James Oliver Rigney, Jr. (October 17, 1948 – September 16, 2007), under which he was best known as the author of the bestselling The Wheel of Time fantasy series. He also wrote under the name Reagan O'Neal.

Illness
    On March 23, 2006, Jordan disclosed in a statement[4] in a firm and optimistic tone that he had been diagnosed with primary amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy (cardiac amyloidosis), and that, with treatment, his median life expectancy was four years, though he said he intended to beat the statistics. He later posted on his Dragonmount blog to encourage his fans not to worry about him and that he intended to have a long and fully creative life, working for another 30 years.

He began chemotherapy treatment at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota in early April 2006.[5] Jordan was enrolled in a study using the drug Revlimid just approved for multiple myeloma but not yet tested on primary amyloidosis.

Jordan succumbed to his illness on September 16, 2007 and died at approximately 2:45 p.m. EDT.[1]
    R.I.P
    James Oliver Rigney, Jr, the legacy of Robert Jordan will live on like the tails of J.R.R.T.

DiGiTaL

Tolkien had TAILS???

:P
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:

Illness

R.I.P

DiGiTaL

Tolkien had TAILS???

:P
    toads on tails!!!

honestly.. u gotta look past the lack of correct grammer, epslling, ect. ect.. i'm at work and am not safe enouf to be posting!!!

DiGiTaL

btw.. i'm just wondering.. besides thos who wrote here. anyone else ever read Jordan?