Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whats up with the gophers?

Getting swept by michigan tech over the weekend? I thought we were heading to another frozen four, but over the last month this team has been almost embarassing. I love the gophers hockey team, they are second only to the vikings. Since the Vikings lost, all I really care about is the hockey team and it looks like they might need a boost soon. Anyone else hear watch gopher hockey who is a little nervous on how this team is playing? Sorry for the ones who don't watch hockey, but when the Vikings are done, my intrest turns to hockey. Go Gophers!
    You republican whore!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

I love Gopher hockey as well, haven't been following it as much this year as I would like to though. I went to the game against Mankato that was at the excel. We kicked butt, I think the final score was 9-5?? One of the highest scoring games i've been to. I'm definitley with ya on the hockey thing though, first it's Vikings, and second it's hockey/the Wild although now that the Wild aren't playing this year (don't even get me started on that) I haven't been watching as much as I would like to. Although I got see my brother and sis play. Anyways, welcome to the board and good post!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Mr. O is offline Starter

I miss the North Stars, good old Norris Division rival with my Maple Leafs. I went to see the North Stars play at Maple Leaf Gardens when I was 14, it was the closest I ever sat at a hockey game, four rows up from the Minnesota bench. I remember Darcy Wakaluk was in goal and he absolutely stoned the Leafs, stopped something like 40 shots and the North Stars won 2-1.
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

Oh yea, I loved the North Stars. I was pretty young when they were around, but I remember my dad taking me to a game, and I had a Mike Madano jersey. (I think I spelt his name wrong oops if i did)

Mr. O is offline Starter

Yeah, Modano's one of my all-time favourites, it's just too bad he never wore the Blue and White.
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

Gophs

Goph's just lost again it was a close one though.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

We are going to be launching a gopher hockey fansite like this soon....stay tuned....

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I love gopher hockey and FINALLY someone else does too!! There used to be a gopher sports forum, but webby got rid of it (probaly cuz I was the only one that went on there and would end up replying to my own threads!!) I was absolutely shcoked that they were swept by Tech at home!!! And now they split with UMD this weekend, AT HOME!! That sucks! I think we play the badgers this weekend so we need to take two from them, just like earlier in the season, but the way we are playing we would be lucky to get one!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

This team is the second youngest in the WCHA and are still doing pretty great for a young team. I was not happy last week with the sweep, and last night they were playing a little flat. But their young, getting better. Hopefully another party in dinkytown, this time without the idiots and retards that ruined it last time but setting cars on fire and breaking windows.
    Anyone have season tickets for the gophers? If youo do want to sell any of them?
    You republican whore!

cool

"webmaster" wrote:
    We are going to be launching a gopher hockey fansite like this soon....stay tuned....
    Awesome Webby!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast