Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: What's the cause of the pp.o slowdown?

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1093865
    The other thing I blame is IBP having more posts than me now. No one wants to see that
    I'm so sorry. Wait a second, no I'm not :P

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "jkjuggalo" #1093720
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093619
    Quote Originally Posted by "jkjuggalo" #1093608
    There's a few reasons I have stopped frequenting the site as often as I used to, but mainly I have just been busy with real life. I began my teaching career, and let me tell you, teachers don't get paid nearly enough (at least the ones that take their jobs seriously). I also volunteer my time after school a couple of days a week to help run intramurals with our P.E. teacher. I basically have very little extra time to peruse the net for fun.

I also did not like when the format changed, though I'm getting used to it now. That and the general tone around here seemed to change, which is understandable considering how dramatic everything has been with our beloved Vikings these past couple of years.

I for one am hoping for an exciting draft class and a couple key free agent pickups to get the positive mojo flowing once again.
    My favorite PPO scout.

First, you are a great american for taking on the noble role of a "Teacher". I agree, you guys/gals get paid way to little for what your asked to do.

Second, I am getting by without you this year, but just barely. Take alook at my mock if you get time and tell me were I have guys under/over projected.

Hey thanks!

I have been stopping by occasionally to read, and I did get a chance to see your mock. Thought you did a solid job. I also see that you and some other members are keeping things interesting around here. :laugh:

I must admit I haven't been doing the in depth research I normally do for the draft, but I have been paying particular attention to the QBs in this draft quite a bit knowing that the Vikes are likely to go after one in round one or two. I'm hoping the Vikes trade back about five picks and recoup their lost 3rd rounder, and still pick up their QB of the future.

Here's my QB wish list:

1. Blaine Gabbert

Just think he is the guy that Musgrave could do the most with out of this draft class. He has all the tools and is a big strong guy with solid QB hair.

2. Jake Locker

Steve Young 2.0. I think he could come in and feasibly compete for the starting job this year, which is something I want out of a high draft pick at any position.

3. Cam Newton

I'm not as worried about his off the field issues as some are. I think he made dumb mistakes and now he's moved past them and is focused on becoming an elite football player. If there's any doubt, I'm confident the Viking locker room will keep him in check as he matures. Just don't let him hang out alone with McKinnie.

4. Ryan Mallett

Okay, another guy with off the field concerns. The same concept applies here as it did with Newton. If he really had a drug problem, I think he'd have been dropped from everyone's (w/ the exception of the Bengals') draft boards.

5. Christian Ponder

Has the ability to spin a football and lead a football team, but injuries have slowed him down. I like some of the throws I've seen him squeeze into tight spots, but I worry that some of those throws might be a bit too heroic for the NFL.

6. Andy Dalton

All he does is win football games. If he had a better arm we might be talking about a top two QB. Would be fine if he fell to the Vikes in the second and we could come up with cool nicknames for our new redheaded QB.

Guess I got a little off topic, but hey, at least I'm fighting the pp.o slowdown.
    Great stuff my friend.

Quick question, do you think Dalton is this years Colt McCoy? Won alot of games but slipped because of measurables kindof thing?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

The other thing I blame is IBP having more posts than me now. No one wants to see that
    He probably didn't have to ask who the heck you were when you friended him on facebook like that yutz Marrdro did. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093905
    He probably didn't have to ask who the heck you were when you friended him on facebook like that yutz Marrdro did. :laugh:
    I can see right through your online persona, deep into your soul.....

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1093907
    I can see right through your online persona, deep into your soul.....
    I have no online perona. As most that have met me will attest. What you read is what you get.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

That was me you're getting your Greg's from Canada mixed up :laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1093925
    That was me you're getting your Greg's from Canada mixed up :laugh:
    Seeeeeee.......

that yutz Marrdro did
    What you read is what you get. :laugh:

I've noticed a lot of new people around here.

not that I have a problem with it, its just kinda weird how we were just talking about this and now that the draft is here all these new people have arrived.

hopefully some of them stick around :cheer:

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "mad-dog_six-eight" #1095481
    I've noticed a lot of new people around here.

not that I have a problem with it, its just kinda weird how we were just talking about this and now that the draft is here all these new people have arrived.

hopefully some of them stick around :cheer:
    Yah seriously. Unfortunately (fortunately?) most people just make accounts to talk a little draft but don't stick around. But obviously the ppo slowdown was due to the slowdown in NFL news. Mostly just the regulars around here who are here for the familiar faces. Wait till the season starts, nothing to worry about as far as PPO activity goes. We ARE the 40th best sports forum or something like that
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456