Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: What's the cause of the pp.o slowdown?

I just think its the off season slow down leading up to the Draft, plus the lockout/dispute limits the amount of news about and that has people down on the excitement levels a bit as well.
    Hopefully once the labour dispute is resolved and things start moving then it will pick up. Now that Childress, Favre and TJ are out of the picture then people will have more to discuss with the new blood and schemes coming in.
    Just hang in there people :laugh:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Webby" #1093443
    Favre caused a lot of bad blood around here too. A lot of folks pissed at each other and a bunch left over that.

We also had server troubles last year since resolved. Bottom line I blame Favre and my own lack of stewardship the last 18 months while I have been running my business traveling all of the cotton picking country.

At least thats done now.

Maybe the new PPO iPhone app will be fun, and I kill the community area. It makes it too confusing.
    You should have made me a temporary Mod. I would have squashed all the Noodle crap. :P

JK, don't get on yourself my friend. This is still the best Vikings discussion site on the net.

I would look at fixing the "Offseason" thread so that it pops when you click the "Recent Topics" button, with the others that have new posts in it. I think alot of people don't understand that you have to go directly to the forum to see if anything new has been posted instead of just clicking on the "Recent Topics" button.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093464
    You should have made me a temporary Mod. I would have squashed all the Noodle crap. :P
    hahahaha ... like having the Fox in charge of the hen house ....
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1093465
    Exactomundo my friend. I would have accomplished the tasking with the style that is Marrdro.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093467
    Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1093465
    Exactomundo my friend. I would have accomplished the tasking with the style that is Marrdro.
    Take out your .22 and create havoc?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "ultravikingfan" #1093458
    Quote Originally Posted by "Webby" #1093443
    Favre caused a lot of bad blood around here too. A lot of folks pissed at each other and a bunch left over that.

We also had server troubles last year since resolved. Bottom line I blame Favre and my own lack of stewardship the last 18 months while I have been running my business traveling all of the cotton picking country.

At least thats done now.

Maybe the new PPO iPhone app will be fun, and I kill the community area. It makes it too confusing.
    Plenty of PM's were sent to me about killing the Favre haters and lovers...or they would leave.
    What a bunch of girls.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I think the lockout might have something to do with it. The terrible season did not help.

Mine is due those and the beautiful weather here. No reason to stay in the house like in WI with that shit as winter.

Arizona FTW!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1093604
    I think the lockout might have something to do with it. The terrible season did not help.

Mine is due those and the beautiful weather here. No reason to stay in the house like in WI with that shit as winter.

Arizona FTW!
    Yeah the last month should have been about all the free agent visits and rumored visits and signing and bitching about players that got scooped, with Marrdro poking at the yutz's in the front office.....etc

But its lawyers, players and owners pointing fingers and waiting for the dome roof patches to dry and well politicians debating a stadium bill. The kind of stuff that moves too slow as the weather is getting warmer.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

There's a few reasons I have stopped frequenting the site as often as I used to, but mainly I have just been busy with real life. I began my teaching career, and let me tell you, teachers don't get paid nearly enough (at least the ones that take their jobs seriously). I also volunteer my time after school a couple of days a week to help run intramurals with our P.E. teacher. I basically have very little extra time to peruse the net for fun.

I also did not like when the format changed, though I'm getting used to it now. That and the general tone around here seemed to change, which is understandable considering how dramatic everything has been with our beloved Vikings these past couple of years.

I for one am hoping for an exciting draft class and a couple key free agent pickups to get the positive mojo flowing once again.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by "jkjuggalo" #1093608
    There's a few reasons I have stopped frequenting the site as often as I used to, but mainly I have just been busy with real life. I began my teaching career, and let me tell you, teachers don't get paid nearly enough (at least the ones that take their jobs seriously). I also volunteer my time after school a couple of days a week to help run intramurals with our P.E. teacher. I basically have very little extra time to peruse the net for fun.

I also did not like when the format changed, though I'm getting used to it now. That and the general tone around here seemed to change, which is understandable considering how dramatic everything has been with our beloved Vikings these past couple of years.

I for one am hoping for an exciting draft class and a couple key free agent pickups to get the positive mojo flowing once again.
    My favorite PPO scout.

First, you are a great american for taking on the noble role of a "Teacher". I agree, you guys/gals get paid way to little for what your asked to do.

Second, I am getting by without you this year, but just barely. Take alook at my mock if you get time and tell me were I have guys under/over projected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast