Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What's the cause of the pp.o slowdown?

the extremely disappointing and unexpected 2010 season probably didnt help either. I think after the draft things will pick up. and if the 2011 season is good traffic will start to pick up a lot more. imagine the lions forums during their 0-16 season. it must've been a big barren wasteland.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Slow? As compared to what, if you put the site next to Tarvaris Jackson ability to read a defense or Brett Favre/Brad Johnson scrambling or even the KAO or the pace of new stadium deal for the Vikes this place is rocking at warp speed inch:

It's just not quit up to AD speed, the site is more of a powerback with threads of boobies and thongs B)

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "mad-dog_six-eight" #1093430
    the extremely disappointing and unexpected 2010 season probably didnt help either. I think after the draft things will pick up. and if the 2011 season is good traffic will start to pick up a lot more. imagine the lions forums during their 0-16 season. it must've been a big barren wasteland.
    Sadly, it isn't. I've been to a LIons forum two years ago, and it wasn't nearly as busy as it has been here, but there is a constant flow of posts. Thing is, they don't expect to win, wheras we do.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Things will pickup when the draft happens then drop until the lockout ends

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Last couple of years? Hard to say it has really dropped off that much. Favre brought a lot of hype to the team and to the site. We had tons of discussion on that. I actually thing there has been more football talk than ever before on here.

But there has been less other talk. Cluehouse has really slowed down for sure. Not sure why on that.
    We're bringing purple back.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

One theory I have, the traffic seemed to slow down with the removal of the HOF forum.

I liked the site before, when there was cool things like the HOF forum, things you could 'unlock'. It was a little more unique, had it's own identity really. Now it just seems like every other forum out there.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Everything around the vikings and the NFL has turned to crap. It's simply too much negative energy.
    Me on the other hand am a glutton for punishment. Bring on the packer superbowls, the lockouts, team moving to LA, I love this stuff!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1093426
    I've spent most of my internet time the last six months on another forum, a fishing forum. They talk a lot of Vikings over there so it's easy to get both fixes in one spot. With the slow down over here I've found myself spending more and more time over there. If it weren't for the familiarity of the "faces" here I probably wouldn't be around at all. I'm not trying to rip this site at all, it will always be my first love. I lost my forum virginity here, lol. Football discussion only holds my interest for so long. I bet we'll see things pick up after the draft, at least for a little while.

For whatever it's worth I like the "new" layout. I think it's easy on the eyes and quicker to navigate once you get the hang of it.
    Yeah, that is a good site. I just remedy the conflict by having tabs to both sites open.:laugh:

Personally I blame it on that frickin Childress. He pushed the TJ thing way too long and in the end it all blew up.

Now the team has to do damage control and rebuild its image.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

There is the super secret forum! I think everyone is going through changes right now, as is this site.

I think the experiment with the social stuff will end, and general displeasure with the Vikings helps cause issues....everytime we have a bad season the off season is quiet as heck.

I am busy as hell working too. Doesn't help at all.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Favre caused a lot of bad blood around here too. A lot of folks pissed at each other and a bunch left over that.

We also had server troubles last year since resolved. Bottom line I blame Favre and my own lack of stewardship the last 18 months while I have been running my business traveling all of the cotton picking country.

At least thats done now.

Maybe the new PPO iPhone app will be fun, and I kill the community area. It makes it too confusing.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast