Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: What's in the bag and what's your handicap?

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I enjoy the game but suck pretty bad.
    I'm happy if I shoot 110.
    ;D
    You are in the same boat as almost all of us.
    You don't play it enough to be consistent and even if you do you just don't have the knack for it to ever get much better.

    I once had some golf lessons from a club pro down in FL.
    He told me I could spend lots of money and never get better than a low 90s golfer.
    He said, just don't try to take yourself and the game to serious and enjoy it for what it is.

    I decided to take his advice and now spend my golf lessons money on beer and just enjoy the game regardless of how bad I play.
    Besides, I have found that there is always 1 or 2 shots in every round that makes you want to come back.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    2beersTommy's Avatar
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,765

    Re: What's in the bag and what's your handicap?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I have a full set of Paragon Hybrids. R600's I think.
    I retired a old set of Strikers that I have used for about 10 years and I had a cheap ass start set (Northwesterns) before that.

    I am lucky to get in the 90's with my low of 89 once.


    Mostly I am a bit buzzed by the 5th hole and to damn drunk by the 18th hole to worry about my score/handicap.Long story short, don't take the game to seriously, however, my kid is a different story.
    Hits his 5 iron farther than I do my driver.

    He shoots in the low 80's and will probably get into the 70's pretty consistently this year.
    Add to that the fact that he has only been golfing for about 3 or 4 years and gets to golf for free all the time cause he is on his High School Golf team for cripes sake.

    I hate that kid sometimes...... ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    buzzed is bout the extent of my play..in the bag..basic clubs, & a 35" aluminum softball bat for those xtra long drives..

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: What's in the bag and what's your handicap?

    "2beersTommy" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I have a full set of Paragon Hybrids. R600's I think.
    I retired a old set of Strikers that I have used for about 10 years and I had a cheap jiggly butt start set (Northwesterns) before that.

    I am lucky to get in the 90's with my low of 89 once.


    Mostly I am a bit buzzed by the 5th hole and to gol 'darnit drunk by the 18th hole to worry about my score/handicap.Long story short, don't take the game to seriously, however, my kid is a different story.
    Hits his 5 iron farther than I do my driver.

    He shoots in the low 80's and will probably get into the 70's pretty consistently this year.
    Add to that the fact that he has only been golfing for about 3 or 4 years and gets to golf for free all the time cause he is on his High School Golf team for cripes sake.

    I hate that kid sometimes...... ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    buzzed is bout the extent of my play..in the bag..basic clubs, & a 35" aluminum softball bat for those xtra long drives..
    I used to carry a extender that could be used to retrieve balls from water hazards.
    I eventually threw it away cause I was tired of paying to get it regripped.....

    Ba dum dumt.
    ;D

    That was my best golf joke......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: What's in the bag and what's your handicap?

    You need a golfing license to play gold here, i'm working on it only have had 4 lessons so far.

    While in Vegas i hit the shooting range which i wasn't all that bad actually for somebody who never played.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: What's in the bag and what's your handicap?

    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    You need a golfing license to play gold here, i'm working on it only have had 4 lessons so far.

    While in Vegas i hit the shooting range which i wasn't all that bad actually for somebody who never played.
    I never thought about Holland being that bad, however, I hear Japan is pretty bad as well.
    We have a golf club/course close to us here (Cheatam Annex) on the weapons station (Military) that will let you golf all day if they aren't busy.
    $12.00 to walk.

    They are also one of the few in the area that allowed youngsters (5 years or so) on the course.
    Its were Wildman learned most of what he knows about golfing.

    I used to put a Vikings Football helmet on him and off we would go for a day on the links.

    I could beat him then by the way.

    As I said earlier, he started to get series about his game a 4 years ago or so.
    Now I can't.......;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: What's in the bag and what's your handicap?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    You need a golfing license to play gold here, i'm working on it only have had 4 lessons so far.

    While in Vegas i hit the shooting range which i wasn't all that bad actually for somebody who never played.
    I never thought about Holland being that bad, however, I hear Japan is pretty bad as well.
    We have a golf club/course close to us here (Cheatam Annex) on the weapons station (Military) that will let you golf all day if they aren't busy.
    $12.00 to walk.

    They are also one of the few in the area that allowed youngsters (5 years or so) on the course.
    Its were Wildman learned most of what he knows about golfing.

    I used to put a Vikings Football helmet on him and off we would go for a day on the links.

    I could beat him then by the way.
    As I said earlier, he started to get series about his game a 4 years ago or so.
    Now I can't.......;D
    Believe me you need a license for everything around here!!

    That's nice Marr, I'd love to play a game with you, and everybody here on PP.O ( especially Turboe )
    If you say golf you say Turboe.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: What's in the bag and what's your handicap?

    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    You need a golfing license to play gold here, i'm working on it only have had 4 lessons so far.

    While in Vegas i hit the shooting range which i wasn't all that bad actually for somebody who never played.
    I never thought about Holland being that bad, however, I hear Japan is pretty bad as well.
    We have a golf club/course close to us here (Cheatam Annex) on the weapons station (Military) that will let you golf all day if they aren't busy.
    $12.00 to walk.

    They are also one of the few in the area that allowed youngsters (5 years or so) on the course.
    Its were Wildman learned most of what he knows about golfing.

    I used to put a Vikings Football helmet on him and off we would go for a day on the links.

    I could beat him then by the way.

    As I said earlier, he started to get series about his game a 4 years ago or so.
    Now I can't.......;D
    Believe me you need a license for everything around here!!

    That's nice Marr, I'd love to play a game with you, and everybody here on PP.O ( especially Turboe )
    If you say golf you say Turboe.
    As you can see by my participation/interest in this thread, I love the game.
    I walk almost every competition Wildman plays in.

    I love the movie "Bagger Vance".

    What I'm talkin about is a game... A game that can't be won only played...
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,560

    Re: What's in the bag and what's your handicap?

    Here is the skinny, and, thanks for asking:

    Handicap Index:
    8.1

    Home Course Handicap:
    10

    Clubs in Bag:

    Driver:
    Titleist D2, 10.5 degree with Stiff Diamana Shaft
    3-Wood:
    Titleist 15.5906F4 degree, with stiff Diamana Shaft
    Ping G10 Hybrids:
    18degree, 21degree, 24degree, with Stiff ProLaunch Red shafts
    Irons:
    Ping i-5 Irons 5-PW, with Rifle 5.5 steel shafts
    Wedges:
    52 and 56 Callaway X-Tour Forged
    Putter:
    Odyssey Sabertooth

    Played in multiple Pro-Ams/Celebrity-Ams:
    Payne Stewart (may God rest his soul...we won the Pro-Am in 1985 at Colonial...hundreds of people following; he was AWESOME), Bob Tway, Kenny Perry (perhaps the nices man I've ever met), Kevin Sutherland, Mike Schmidt (complete asshole...probably 'cause I beat him straight up), Ahmad Rashad (what a day with a Viking Icon!
    "Call me Max, I'm serious," and I have...good man), Rush Limbaugh, Gary Carter (incredibly nice guy), Gary Player (6X), Tom Watson (5X), Rocky Thompson (the Killer Bee), Miller Barber, Rich Gannon, Mark Brooks (not nice, putz, in fact), Jay Haas (2X), Carl Pettersson, Luke Donald, Roger Clemens.

    There is no more nervous shot in golf than the tee shot on #16 at the FBR Open Pro-Am.
    A stadium with roughly 15,000 people watching.
    I've been lucky enough to hit the green the 3-years I've played there...making birdie once.
    If you don't hit the green, you are boooooooooooed.
    Trust me, the Schminkter meter is on full alert.


    Played at many more beautiful venues; such as, Colonial, Bay Hill, Turnberry, Carnoustie, Philadelphia Cricket Club, The Floridian (Wayne Huizenga's Club), Aronomink (my favorite).

    I have been blessed, no doubt.
    In fact, I'm headed to Scotland again, to play in the Sr British Open Pro-Am at Troon North this weekend.
    Looking forward to being humbled by the graciousness of the Scots who adore the game and respect good play.


    Golf has been very, very good to me.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  9. #19
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: What's in the bag and what's your handicap?

    everything callaway..bag, woods, irons, putter, balls, hat

    in regards to handicap, ive never actually paid any attention to that..my average score is around 85-87 though per round
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  10. #20
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: What's in the bag and what's your handicap?

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    Here is the skinny, and, thanks for asking:

    Handicap Index:
    8.1

    Home Course Handicap:
    10

    Clubs in Bag:

    Driver:
    Titleist D2, 10.5 degree with Stiff Diamana Shaft
    3-Wood:
    Titleist 15.5906F4 degree, with stiff Diamana Shaft
    Ping G10 Hybrids:
    18degree, 21degree, 24degree, with Stiff ProLaunch Red shafts
    Irons:
    Ping i-5 Irons 5-PW, with Rifle 5.5 steel shafts
    Wedges:
    52 and 56 Callaway X-Tour Forged
    Putter:
    Odyssey Sabertooth

    Played in multiple Pro-Ams/Celebrity-Ams:
    Payne Stewart (may God rest his soul...we won the Pro-Am in 1985 at Colonial...hundreds of people following; he was AWESOME), Bob Tway, Kenny Perry (perhaps the nices man I've ever met), Kevin Sutherland, Mike Schmidt (complete donkey butt...probably 'cause I beat him straight up), Ahmad Rashad (what a day with a Viking Icon!
    "Call me Max, I'm serious," and I have...good man), Rush Limbaugh, Gary Carter (incredibly nice guy), Gary Player (6X), Tom Watson (5X), Rocky Thompson (the Killer Bee), Miller Barber, Rich Gannon, Mark Brooks (not nice, putz, in fact), Jay Haas (2X), Carl Pettersson, Luke Donald, Roger Clemens.

    There is no more nervous shot in golf than the tee shot on #16 at the FBR Open Pro-Am.
    A stadium with roughly 15,000 people watching.
    I've been lucky enough to hit the green the 3-years I've played there...making birdie once.
    If you don't hit the green, you are boooooooooooed.
    Trust me, the Schminkter meter is on full alert.


    Played at many more beautiful venues; such as, Colonial, Bay Hill, Turnberry, Carnoustie, Philadelphia Cricket Club, The Floridian (Wayne Huizenga's Club), Aronomink (my favorite).

    I have been blessed, no doubt.
    In fact, I'm headed to Scotland again, to play in the Sr British Open Pro-Am at Troon North this weekend.
    Looking forward to being humbled by the graciousness of the Scots who adore the game and respect good play.


    Golf has been very, very good to me.
    it certainly has..what an awesome track record!
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sharper parks in a handicap spot
    By Redmption in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 02:48 AM
  2. Handicap Packer Logo
    By hovan in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 02:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •