Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

What is wrong with this world that...

I,m not talking about any one person,I,m talking about the system.I see it happening,if I ever saw or heard of my son doing to other kids what some of these kids are allowed to do I would kick his ass!~ But then again because our system is so screwed up I would probally get arrested.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What is wrong with this world that...

"shockzilla" wrote:
    kids resort to killing their grandparents, others in their school and themselves?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050322/ap_on_re_us/school_shooting

<--RANT ON-->
    I just don't get it. What the HELL is wrong with this world where kids don't feel, where they can just, "grinning and waving" as the story says, gun down friends or aquaintences in cold blood?

I know I'll probably be opening a can of worms, but I think that people really need to seriously look at the way this society glorifies violence, revenge, greed, money, and all the things that can turn wonderful kids into violent killers! I for one am part of the generation (the Baby Boomers) that really saw making money and having material things as a status symbol, as a way to tell the world "I have arrived - I'm important!", and I've seen the error of my ways. I am the same way - I love material things, I want money just like the next guy, but I see a LOT of bad in this world, and it's us older folks who need to stop this tide of destruction and take a real, hard look at how we look to our kids, and the simple fact that what we do says MUCH more to them than what we say. I am so sick of the way our society is MORE MORE MORE!!!!! BUY, BUY, BUY!!!!! Does anyone out there agree with me?

Thanks for listening!

Shock

<--RANT OFF-->
    MORE MORE MORE!!! BUY BUY BUY!!! Wasn't President Bush preaching just that as the way that Americans could solve our problem of a weak economy...makes you wonder?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

From what I have read the kid's dad commited suicide, his mom is in a hospital brain damaged and he was the target of being bullied.

Does that justify what he did? Not at all. But I don't wonder as much about the actual persons kid that did the act I wonder about the parents of all those kids that picked on this one.

There was a news program here about a month ago where someone took a camera and video taped recess at the local elementaries. There was some serious violence. And the playground monitors almost never interviened.

The total disconnect and lack of parenting as well as supervision at school is a major contributer to all these problems. I feel bad for all involved even the guy who did it. Someone dropped the ball in a big way.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

You make some great points, there, Del Rio. We really need to take a long, hard look at ourselves as a society and see what we can do to "steer the wheels back on the road", so to speak.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

It also sounds like this kid was a big time neo nazi, or as he called himself a native-nazi. the police found a website where he posted stuff like how he admired hitler for his values and stuff like that.

the kid is definately messed up, and its a shame this stuff has to happen.

here is a link on what i was saying.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7259823/

edited to add link

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Makes me glad that I teach at an elementary school. So many kids are "lost" when they get to middle school/high school.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

I am going to try and teach elem. edu. I figure that is they way you can kind of monitor the kids and attempt to send them in the right direction it is sad to see kids go "crazy" like that when I was in school I would always try and talk to the kids that might get picked on a lot and try and attempt to be there friend a lot wont have any take for it or brush you off but some open up and you can see that really all they need is a good friend.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    I am going to try and teach elem. edu. I figure that is they way you can kind of monitor the kids and attempt to send them in the right direction it is sad to see kids go "crazy" like that when I was in school I would always try and talk to the kids that might get picked on a lot and try and attempt to be there friend a lot wont have any take for it or brush you off but some open up and you can see that really all they need is a good friend.
    Please finnishvikingfan - slow down and use a little punctuation there - take a breath! It just makes it a little easier to read for everyone, that's all... :salute:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"shockzilla" wrote:
    "finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    Please finnishvikingfan - slow down and use a little punctuation there - take a breath! It just makes it a little easier to read for everyone, that's all... :salute:
    Yeah, I hope that you don't teach your students to write the kind of run-on sentences that you do here. :lol:

Remember, the rule of three...if a sentence has more than three distinct parts to it that could stand alone as a separate sentence, then it's time to break it up into smaller sentences.

Simple sentence = one part
    Compound sentences = two parts
    Complex sentences = three parts
    Run-on sentences = more than three parts

At the very least, use three dots (like I do) to seperate distinct thoughts...like Shock said, it makes for much more enjoyable reading...and better understanding of your ideas by your audience...in this case, us.

With that said, POST ON, dude!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Thanks for the advice guys. I will try my best to work on that. With this I come on here and get out of "school mode." Things just get carried away and I am sorry for that. :salute:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast