Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What is wrong with this world that...

as all I can say is my sympathy is out to all of those affected by this tragedy....

:cry: :cry:
    [img:81319149fb]http://img104.exs.cx/img104/1055/wiultmossfan4ax.gif[/img:81319149fb]

snakethejake83 is offline Training Camp

Generations come and go. And so do the principals.

I guess I could refer to representing this generation. I think it is all about how you are brought up. Im 21 years old... never smoked a damn thing, never done ANY drugs or thought about it. I credit it to my father being a very watchful parent and being involved in my life. It was hard at times growing up, but I think I benefited from it. Sports also helped

A common theme about all of these things is broken homes, disgruntled families, and no discipline. Im not preaching the *beat the crap out of your kid* theme, but I think my generation has slacked on discipline.

I love hearing stories of my father growing up, and my grandfather growing up how when they got into fights, it was with their fists. There was no worry about guns or rocket launchers or any of that shit. My high school sister's school just had a 16 year old kid bring a gun to school.

I wish these people would actually take the time to listen to their kids, and watch them. Fuck it, go in their room when there at school and look through their stuff... Its not invasion of privacy if its under YOUR roof.
    You know it s going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
    -Charles Barkley

I am 19 and I havent drank illegally or smoke any kind of substance or done any drugs I have my parents to thank for that they took the time to get involved or want to spend time with us.

brandsp is offline Rookie

I wish these types of shootings wouldn't even be published. I think they perpetuate this type of thing. It is just horrible. Problem is, I think things will get worse before they get better.

Articnv is offline Coach

soem of its family upbringing soem of it is the way your treated day in and day pout. At my skool i was the oen every oen picked one. I actual had peopel ask me if i would pull a columbine there the way i was treated every day. Depression can realy make soem do stupid thinsg i nwo from expercince. My prayers go out to the familys involved.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

"shockzilla" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    My problem is that just because you think your life is worthless and your depressed doesn't give you the right to go out and shoot innocent people whom may be content in their lives.
    I HOPE you weren't referring to me...
    uh no...I was referring to the kids in the story

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

WHEW - Thank GOD! :lol:

Yeah, I know you meant the kid - it's just a little weird the way it sounded like you were speaking to me...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families touched by this. Unfortunately an incident like this has outsiders - like myself - wondering if there will ever be anyone that will take the issue of gun control and do something to try and limit their availability.
    I'm not naive enough to think that they will ever disappear but surely people can do more to ensure that they don't get into the hands of those not capable of using them in the right circumstances.
    I haven't grown up with guns so my views might appear simplistic to those of you who have and whom treat them with the respect that they warrant. So apologies to those law-abiding people who can handle guns and use them as they were meant for.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

English Vike is offline Starter

i have to agree with AngloVike, this sort of thing is just so shocking, it's hard really to know what to say or even what to think about it. And probably even harder for us coming from a very different culture, and i have to agree that my main thought on what to be done about it has to come down to gun control.

i'm entirely sure that so many other things contribute to it, society, family, culture etc, having a gun or being able to get hold of one does not make someone a killer so there has to be more than just loose gun control to blame for things like this.

The bottom line is though that this kind of thing does not seem to happen, at least not with the same regularity (i dont like saying regularity as it sounds more common than it is but i can't think of the right word) in places where gun control is tight, here in england hardly anyone at all has a gun anywhere, either criminals or good law abiding citizens.

Like AngloVike i have to finish by saying that this is a hard issue to understand, and i know there are many complexities to the issue of gun control and i dont wish at all to use a tragic event like this for some kind of tool in a political argument or to critisise anyone who handles a gun responsibly, it's just the way the issue seems to come across to me.

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

You can spot them ? If its like the school we have in my town,You can see it happening but can do nothing.Our school policy is made by an attorney somewhere,not by anyone who is a child expert.We are so worried about being sued and the rights of the bullies that it is allowed to go on until it reaches the breaking point.Maybe I,m wrong I don,t know.But my heart goes out to all the families and friends,very very tragic.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast