Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

What is wrong with this world that...

kids resort to killing their grandparents, others in their school and themselves?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050322/ap_on_re_us/school_shooting

<--RANT ON-->
    I just don't get it. What the HELL is wrong with this world where kids don't feel, where they can just, "grinning and waving" as the story says, gun down friends or aquaintences in cold blood?

I know I'll probably be opening a can of worms, but I think that people really need to seriously look at the way this society glorifies violence, revenge, greed, money, and all the things that can turn wonderful kids into violent killers! I for one am part of the generation (the Baby Boomers) that really saw making money and having material things as a status symbol, as a way to tell the world "I have arrived - I'm important!", and I've seen the error of my ways. I am the same way - I love material things, I want money just like the next guy, but I see a LOT of bad in this world, and it's us older folks who need to stop this tide of destruction and take a real, hard look at how we look to our kids, and the simple fact that what we do says MUCH more to them than what we say. I am so sick of the way our society is MORE MORE MORE!!!!! BUY, BUY, BUY!!!!! Does anyone out there agree with me?

Thanks for listening!

Shock

<--RANT OFF-->
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

It's tough.

Sitting in a classroom all day, I see what happens. I watched "Bowling for Columbine" the other day, and while I don't agree with Michael Moore much, some of what was in there was pretty much right on.

The frightening thing is, as a elementary school teacher, we can pick em out. We can see all the warning signs, not just from the kid, but from how other kids treat them.

I'm with ya, Shock.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

I agree somewhat with your post. My problem is that just because you think your life is worthless and your depressed doesn't give you the right to go out and shoot innocent people whom may be content in their lives.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Sadly, they don't see it that way. They are too consumed within themselves.

vikez06 is offline Starter

man that is crazy... Second worst since columbine

It is a very sad thing to see something like this happen where I grew up it was about 90 some miles from there we heard all the stories from there about what some of the people on the "Rez" have done. I dont want to play the race card but if you are a non Native american becareful when you go through there. For years that place has wanted to be an independent state. It is a poverty stricken area. Every time I have had to go through there I was praying the vehicle would make it through there.

vikez06 is offline Starter

im part indian and most of my dads family lives up there... he doesnt know them to good but its still wierd

it is suprising how some tragic event makes everyone come closer to each other.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    My problem is that just because you think your life is worthless and your depressed doesn't give you the right to go out and shoot innocent people whom may be content in their lives.
    I HOPE you weren't referring to me...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I am not even going to read it. Sorry.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast