Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 205
  1. #11
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,578

    Re: What is a true fan?

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    My own personal definition is someone who has stuck with a team through the hard times.

    When I hear bandwaggon fan I think of people who started liking the team because they were winners. When the team begins losing they move on to the next big thing. I don't think bandwaggon fans stick around very long after the losses roll in.

    The only thing that annoys me, are people who have a whole bunch of favorite teams. I have a friend who has a favorite in each division, every year he is like my boys are going to the bowl...........which ones asshat?
    - One of my friends is a Chargers fan. he stuck through the worst team in the league one year to win his division the next.
    - My other friend is a bandwagoner. he was a rams fan when they were winning, and then became a patriots fan when they won. after we caled him a bandwagoner over and over, we forced him to stick with the patriots and now he thinks he is the king of the world. i cant wait till they start loosing to see what he does.
    - How can you have more than one favorite team? i dont get it. you can cheer for more than one team all you like or certain players on another team, but you cannot brag about anything but one team. i cheer for RM to get touchdowns, but i would hate his guts if he was playing my team. just like in fantasy, i never start players who are playing my team (in one of my leagues i have vick and no backup; looks like ill be hitting the waiver wire this week).
    We're bringing purple back.

  2. #12
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: What is a true fan?

    Yeah I think that is how a lot of teams earn fans by winning. I have no problems with any of it. :grin: It's when the team starts losing you get to see the true colors.


    Good example of my definition of a bandwagon fan is this guy in my office. He roots for who ever won the bowl the year before. Lucky for him the Patriots have been somewhat consistent. I only knew a few Pats fan prior to the SB's lol, if they ever start losing I expect to see fewer then I do now.

  3. #13
    DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,161

    Re: What is a true fan?

    "gregair13" wrote:
    - How can you have more than one favorite team? i dont get it. you can cheer for more than one team all you like or certain players on another team
    Exactly my point.. you can be open-minded and watch other teams and their players.. but you would not wanna see them beating the team your devoted to.

  4. #14
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,578

    Re: What is a true fan?

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Yeah I think that is how a lot of teams earn fans by winning. I have no problems with any of it. :grin: It's when the team starts losing you get to see the true colors.
    i am going to have to quote you again. that is really have its about. how true are you to your team when they lose. i was real mad/heart broken after the first two weeks, but i still took whatever my friends had to say badly about my team. i still wore my vikings colours with pride.
    its really about being true to your team. once you pick a team, you cannot ever change teams.
    We're bringing purple back.

  5. #15
    MensaTice's Avatar
    MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,799

    Re: What is a true fan?

    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    I am because all I do is complain. Others are because all they do is look at the bright side. Bottom line is you have to watch and like the team even when they suck. Anyone who says they like Duke basketball, Notre Dame football, or the Red Sox is not a true fan. :lol:

    I think that is BS! I have loved Notre Dame football since I was in 7th grade. There were the good times and there have been some horrible times. I'm still a fan through thick and thin. The same rings true for the vikes. I've seen some really good times (no superbowls however) and the horrible times. I don't know if there is a definition of a "true fan" but if there was one I would fit in I'm sure!
    Whoa, aren't you the one who accused me of being "Mr Serious"? Just attempting to add humor to a thread that as the post before me said will turned heated. I knew someone would take the bait but for future reference please let it slide when I put in an emoticon.

    [color=red]

  6. #16
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: What is a true fan?

    "MensaTice" wrote:
    I am because all I do is complain. Others are because all they do is look at the bright side. Bottom line is you have to watch and like the team even when they suck. Anyone who says they like Duke basketball, Notre Dame football, or the Red Sox is not a true fan. :lol:
    :lol:

    MLB sold 3.1 million Red Sox baseball caps after last year's World Series...pretty big bandwagon, wouldn't you say? Pretty soon, all those OBNOXIOUS Bahstahn fans wil be back to their normal WHINY selves...and I can hardly wait! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #17
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: What is a true fan?

    "MensaTice" wrote:
    I am because all I do is complain. Others are because all they do is look at the bright side. Bottom line is you have to watch and like the team even when they suck. Anyone who says they like Duke basketball, Notre Dame football, or the Red Sox is not a true fan. :lol:
    :lol:

    MLB sold 3.1 million Red Sox baseball caps after last year's World Series...pretty big bandwagon, wouldn't you say? Pretty soon, all those OBNOXIOUS Bahstahn fans wil be back to their normal WHINY selves...and I can hardly wait! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #18
    DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,161

    Re: What is a true fan?

    What if you were a Giants fan, I mean a big Giants fan, and you were vacationing in San Diego.. would you wear an Eli Manning jersey down there? I think that would be playing russian roulette.. based on the hatred I saw and heard being directed at Manning during last sunday night's game..

  9. #19
    6-KINGS Guest

    Re: What is a true fan?

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Yeah I think that is how a lot of teams earn fans by winning. I have no problems with any of it. :grin: It's when the team starts losing you get to see the true colors.


    Good example of my definition of a bandwagon fan is this guy in my office. He roots for who ever won the bowl the year before. Lucky for him the Patriots have been somewhat consistent. I only knew a few Pats fan prior to the SB's lol, if they ever start losing I expect to see fewer then I do now.
    Del half my office is people like that.
    It like the higher ups set the pace or team to root for and all these, butt kissers sit around and talk like they have been with that team forever.
    "oh so and so, he had a great college career, and when he moved to the Patriots he really began to grow as a player"

    I am like, shut the hell up!
    Then they lick each others backs like dogs in heat about how in touch the other one is with sports.

    Good God I could just vomit!

    Temper that with 50 Cowboy fans and man somedays I could skin people alive.

  10. #20
    MensaTice's Avatar
    MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,799

    Re: What is a true fan?

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    My own personal definition is someone who has stuck with a team through the hard times.

    When I hear bandwaggon fan I think of people who started liking the team because they were winners. When the team begins losing they move on to the next big thing. I don't think bandwaggon fans stick around very long after the losses roll in.

    Really when it comes to me, I don't judge people on how good of a fan they are, because it's really none of my god gol 'darnit buisiness.

    If your here and your posting weather it is nay saying or unrealistic la la land, your a fan IMO. What cracks me up is people who try to call people out on their "fan status" LOL. I mean if it gets to that point I can only guess that watching the team play bad, and not having the desire to critique them they turn on fellow fans to release anger lol.

    The only thing that annoys me, are people who have a whole bunch of favorite teams. I have a friend who has a favorite in each division, every year he is like my boys are going to the bowl...........which ones asshat?
    Couldn't agree more with this entire post. Especially about people who call out others for their "fan status" and about people who have multiple favorite teams. Even though these two statements seem to contradict each other, I feel the exact same way. In college I always met people who claimed to be Kansas basketball fans and Kansas State football fans. I wanted to kick these people in the head for trying to pass themselves as fans. Other than that stick to your team through thick and thin and don't worry about how good of a fan someone else is.

    [color=red]

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. True Love.
    By Zeus in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 12:55 PM
  2. True Heroes!!!
    By tarkenton10 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 07:37 PM
  3. Its True
    By TARKenton in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-19-2005, 06:47 PM
  4. Are you a "True Fan"?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 09:31 AM
  5. Is this true?
    By GBFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 02:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •