Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Prophet Guest

What is a true fan?

I have been a fan for years, but am not sure if I am a 'true fan.'

I keep reading different people's opinions like, 'you're not a true fan if....'.

What is a true fan?

If I am a fan and not a true fan or a bandwagon fan then what kind of fan am I?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What is a true fan?

this will always be a heated discussion as everyone has different thoughts on what makes you a true fan. some might say that if you cheer week in and week out for your team and support them in the best and worst of times; others might say as long as you dont cheer for anyone else... i dont really know how to get the ball rolling on this topic, but i hope that helps.
    We're bringing purple back.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I am because all I do is complain. Others are because all they do is look at the bright side. Bottom line is you have to watch and like the team even when they suck. Anyone who says they like Duke basketball, Notre Dame football, or the Red Sox is not a true fan. :lol:

[color=red]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"MensaTice" wrote:
    I am because all I do is complain. Others are because all they do is look at the bright side. Bottom line is you have to watch and like the team even when they suck. Anyone who says they like Duke basketball, Notre Dame football, or the Red Sox is not a true fan. :lol:

I think that is BS! I have loved Notre Dame football since I was in 7th grade. There were the good times and there have been some horrible times. I'm still a fan through thick and thin. The same rings true for the vikes. I've seen some really good times (no superbowls however) and the horrible times. I don't know if there is a definition of a "true fan" but if there was one I would fit in I'm sure!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Standing by your team through the good and bad, it may get to a point where some really cannot take it anymore. It's like a marriage, and the Vikings are my significant other.. they please you sometimes, other times they piss you off, but yet, no matter how annoyed I may get with them.. my loyalty does not really tapper off. So therefore, there are no plans for a divorce.. we're in this together.. and not even death will do us part!

Ok, that may have been lame, but that's the best I can put it at the moment

I think that's a really good explanation demonic. Maybe you used the whole marriage analogy to the extreme but it worked!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Did I?.. I know that metaphor would be a bit disturbing.

Del Rio Guest

My own personal definition is someone who has stuck with a team through the hard times.

When I hear bandwaggon fan I think of people who started liking the team because they were winners. When the team begins losing they move on to the next big thing. I don't think bandwaggon fans stick around very long after the losses roll in.

Really when it comes to me, I don't judge people on how good of a fan they are, because it's really none of my god damn buisiness.

If your here and your posting weather it is nay saying or unrealistic la la land, your a fan IMO. What cracks me up is people who try to call people out on their "fan status" LOL. I mean if it gets to that point I can only guess that watching the team play bad, and not having the desire to critique them they turn on fellow fans to release anger lol.

The only thing that annoys me, are people who have a whole bunch of favorite teams. I have a friend who has a favorite in each division, every year he is like my boys are going to the bowl...........which ones asshat?

"Del Rio" wrote:
    My own personal definition is someone who has stuck with a team through the hard times.

When I hear bandwaggon fan I think of people who started liking the team because they were winners. When the team begins losing they move on to the next big thing. I don't think bandwaggon fans stick around very long after the losses roll in.

Really when it comes to me, I don't judge people on how good of a fan they are, because it's really none of my god gol 'darnit buisiness.

If your here and your posting weather it is nay saying or unrealistic la la land, your a fan IMO. What cracks me up is people who try to call people out on their "fan status" LOL. I mean if it gets to that point I can only guess that watching the team play bad, and not having the desire to critique them they turn on fellow fans to release anger lol.

The only thing that annoys me, are people who have a whole bunch of favorite teams. I have a friend who has a favorite in each division, every year he is like my boys are going to the bowl...........which ones asshat?

Elementary aged children are the #1 culprits of this!!!

It's ok IMO to be a fan of one team, and yet like other teams.. but not the same way you follow your number 1 team.. you can only have one wife... lol.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast