Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Re: What kind of fan are you?

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    All the above. Depends on how we are doing!
    Exactly! Although I'll go a step further and say it also depends on where I'm watching the game.

I voted ridiculous...when I'm at home, however when I'm at a friends house or in a public place, I'm usually loud yet reserved. When I'm watching a game with friends or strangers who are fans of the opposing team, I'm respectfully laid back.

No holds barred when I see the Vikings live though.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I'll go with loud, roudy and ridiculous too.

If I'm at the game I'm loud, and only roudy after the Vikes score or make a big play. I don't get angry at bad plays, just when refs make bad calls.

I get pretty pumped up for TV games, so generally my family leaves me alone with the TV. My wife can't stand the stress when something goes wrong so she gets up, usually 10 minutes into the game and starts cleaning, with the game on on another TV in the background. My 10 year old daughter likes to wind me up, so several times every game she comes into the family room, donning her Daunte Jersey, with her pom-poms, and Helga hat, and starts a chorus of Skol Vikings (she knows the words). I usually humor her and go along with it. Then I toss around the mini Vikings football with her..., then she gets bored and goes to watch the game with her mom. That's a pretty typical game in my household of Vikings' fanatics.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I gotta be alone, my carpet has to be clean, my watching place has to be spotless, especailly the carpet LOL. But i'm rediculous no doubt, when we're doing sh*ty or the refs are f'n up i get red in the face, kind like when you get embarssed but often i find myself sweating because i'm so p*ssed. I get pretty roudy when the defense comes up with big plays, those are the best, the loudest i got was prolly when K Will took the Udeze fumble to the house. Good Stuff!

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

I think alot of people (aside from my fellow die-hard Vikes fan-friends) would put me in the "Ridiculous" category during bad OR good moments. LOL

The night before the game, I sleep in a Vikes T-shirt and a pair of sweats with the Norseman logo on them. If I have to work the night before, I go to work in the same gear that I wear on Gameday, which is a Vikes jersey (Bennett or Culpepper...I need Defense), a Vikes T-shirt on underneath that, my leather autographed hat, and Vikings socks. I normally don't have to work, because I get it arranged well ahead of time earlier in the year to get Sundays and Mondays off. :-D

If they're doing good, ie. scoring, I give a blast on my TD horn...3 blasts for a TD, and one for a FG. Been thinking about using the horn on good defensive plays too (sacks and INTs), but have yet to see enough of those in a game to make it worth it. Looking for that to change this year. ;-)

When they suck, I tend to get extremely quiet and uncommunicative...except for occasional red-faced, vein-popping-out-in-my-forehead type bursts of yelling and shouting about whoever made the screw up...then I get quiet again. LOL

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I really hate watching the game with women present. Sorry gals.

They are like, "why did he do that", "whats a touch back", "that wasn't very nice"! Peace and quiet for me. My 8 year old son can watch with me though. He is a hardcore fan at 8!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

They are like, "why did he do that", "whats a touch back", "that wasn't very nice"! Peace and quiet for me. My 8 year old son can watch with me though. He is a hardcore fan at 8!
    Yeah, but they sure make halftime fun...if you know what I mean. :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Thats when I have a uniform malfunction...if you know what I mean! :wink:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Thats when I have a uniform malfunction...if you know what I mean! :wink:
    Just make sure that Ultra Jr. is out of the room...otherwise you will have to give him the "birds and bees" lecture sooner than you think...and I know you know what I mean! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vikingdude82 is offline Pro-Bowler

I fit in the 1st three catorgories

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I can relate Ultra. The best one was last year during the Packers game (the bullshit fumble play if you remember) my mom says "Oh my gosh, why do they let them pile on like that? Are they aloud to do that?" My dad and I just rolled our eyes. :roll:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast