Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: This is what I call depreciation

"litlharsh" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    +1

I say we should all stand up and say floop the politicians, take over the government and let 95% of the population control what happens instead of the 5% who doesn't know anything that we want!... Im sick of these politicians making Bank as I work my jiggly butt off and pay there salary... AND THEY DON"T DO pooh!
    I can't tell if you're serious or not here, but on the off chance you really believe what you've written here I'm going to go ahead and dismantle your post, not in the interest of a political debate (which this isn't), but so that you can better realize what an intellectual liability you've become for us Vikings' fans and so you can work to remedy this. Also: I'm bored.

"I say we should all stand up and say floop the politicians, take over the government and let 95% of the population control what happens"

What you are advocating is a true democracy, where every citizens has an equal say in what the government does, as opposed to the Democratic Republic system currently in place in the US, in which citizens elect other citizens who they feel will best represent their ideals and beliefs in the government. The reason the "True" Democracy is used? Nothing would EVER get done. Imagine all the special interest groups, differing viewpoints, and arguably insane opinions held in this roguish country of ours. Now imagine 300 million people trying to compromise all at once. Not gonna work.

"instead of the 5% who doesn't know anything that we want!"
    Politicians are elected, if they were really as out of touch as you appear to believe they are, they wouldn't be elected. Better yet, take the matter into your own hands. If you believe a politician is governing inadequately, run for office yourself. There's really no excuse here.

"Im sick of these politicians making Bank as I work my jiggly butt off and pay there salary... AND THEY DON"T DO pooh!"
    Come now, I'm sure politicians do something.
    +1
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I heard the other day, that at the time of the Revolutionary War, King George had a higher rating with the public than this year's Congress.
    I have serious doubt that the Times of London was polling normal citizens of 18th-century England for their opinions on how good of a job the King was doing.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I heard the other day, that at the time of the Revolutionary War, King George had a higher rating with the public than this year's Congress.
    I have serious doubt that the Times of London was polling normal citizens of 18th-century England for their opinions on how good of a job the King was doing.

=Z=
    So do I because the Times in London would have polled English people (as you say) NOT US citizens. LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    So do I because the Times in London would have polled English people (as you say) NOT US citizens. LOL
    There were no US citizens at the time of the Revolutionary War!
    They were still subjects of the King, eh?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Fire Childress
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    Fire Childress
    LOL You crack me up!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    +1

I say we should all stand up and say floop the politicians, take over the government and let 95% of the population control what happens instead of the 5% who doesn't know anything that we want!... Im sick of these politicians making Bank as I work my jiggly butt off and pay there salary... AND THEY DON"T DO pooh!
    I can't tell if you're serious or not here, but on the off chance you really believe what you've written here I'm going to go ahead and dismantle your post, not in the interest of a political debate (which this isn't), but so that you can better realize what an intellectual liability you've become for us Vikings' fans and so you can work to remedy this. Also: I'm bored.

"I say we should all stand up and say floop the politicians, take over the government and let 95% of the population control what happens"

What you are advocating is a true democracy, where every citizens has an equal say in what the government does, as opposed to the Democratic Republic system currently in place in the US, in which citizens elect other citizens who they feel will best represent their ideals and beliefs in the government. The reason the "True" Democracy is used? Nothing would EVER get done. Imagine all the special interest groups, differing viewpoints, and arguably insane opinions held in this roguish country of ours. Now imagine 300 million people trying to compromise all at once. Not gonna work.

Politicians are elected, if they were really as out of touch as you appear to believe they are, they wouldn't be elected. Better yet, take the matter into your own hands. If you believe a politician is governing inadequately, run for office yourself. There's really no excuse here.

"Im sick of these politicians making Bank as I work my jiggly butt off and pay there salary... AND THEY DON"T DO pooh!"
    Your post has a few issues too.

if they were really as out of touch as you appear to believe they are, they wouldn't be elected.
    It's all about money. Those who have access to the most money are the ones who stand the best chance of being elected. That has nothing to do with whether they are out of touch with voters or not, but whether they are in touch with the interest groups that can fund them.

Nothing would EVER get done.
    That is what is happening now for the most part. What would happen more than likely is a huge amount of change. Although those changes would not be popular many citizens
    In addition we certainly have the electronic capability of a national referendum on a few
    major issues each year. I sense a fear of what the majority may really want!

I don't advocate a change in the current system. But I certainly don't feel represented or that my vote counts for much in this system!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    lol

Just wait till one of them gets recorded saying "Let them eat cake"
    Did you catch the latest screw up by Jesse Jackson?
    Got caught red handed, talking crap about OMAMA, behind his back.
    Well he thought so anyways, the mic was open and they didn't know it...LMAO

That Jackson, he's a real winner.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    +1

+1
    LOL I was and wasn't... If we lived in a perfect world yes, but the world we live in now no. What this country is experiencing is The Cone of Silence which means people think that what these special interest groups and such are what everyone believes so the actual majority doesn't say anything... but i also was kind tipsy when i wrote it HAHAHA

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    lol

Just wait till one of them gets recorded saying "Let them eat cake"
    Did you catch the latest screw up by Jesse Jackson?
    Got caught red handed, talking crap about OMAMA, behind his back.
    Well he thought so anyways, the mic was open and they didn't know it...LMAO

That Jackson, he's a real winner.
    Jessie Jackson doesn't give two craps out race relations or most the stuff he spews forth, he just wants to be important.
    He's just as bad as Rush or Bill Oreily in my book.
    Not quite as bad as Micheal Savage though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast