Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

This is what I call depreciation

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25626294/

WASHINGTON - It's not just the American dollar that's losing value. A government agency has decided that an American life isn't worth what it used to be.

The "value of a statistical life" is $6.9 million in today's dollars, the Environmental Protection Agency reckoned in May — a drop of nearly $1 million from just five years ago.

Glad I didn't take out that body equity mortgage last year. I would be screwed.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: This is what I call depreciation

You think that's depreciated, just try to trade-in your SUV on a small gas-efficient car.
    LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

The government trying to tell us what we are again. Fuck em!

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"marstc09" wrote:
    The government trying to tell us what we are again. Fuck em!
    +1

I say we should all stand up and say FUCK the politicians, take over the government and let 95% of the population control what happens instead of the 5% who doesn't know anything that we want!... Im sick of these politicians making Bank as I work my ass off and pay there salary... AND THEY DON"T DO SHIT!

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

"erik5032" wrote:
    +1

I say we should all stand up and say FUCK the politicians, take over the government and let 95% of the population control what happens instead of the 5% who doesn't know anything that we want!... Im sick of these politicians making Bank as I work my ass off and pay there salary... AND THEY DON"T DO SHIT!
    I can't tell if you're serious or not here, but on the off chance you really believe what you've written here I'm going to go ahead and dismantle your post, not in the interest of a political debate (which this isn't), but so that you can better realize what an intellectual liability you've become for us Vikings' fans and so you can work to remedy this. Also: I'm bored.

"I say we should all stand up and say FUCK the politicians, take over the government and let 95% of the population control what happens"

What you are advocating is a true democracy, where every citizens has an equal say in what the government does, as opposed to the Democratic Republic system currently in place in the US, in which citizens elect other citizens who they feel will best represent their ideals and beliefs in the government. The reason the "True" Democracy is used? Nothing would EVER get done. Imagine all the special interest groups, differing viewpoints, and arguably insane opinions held in this roguish country of ours. Now imagine 300 million people trying to compromise all at once. Not gonna work.

"instead of the 5% who doesn't know anything that we want!"
    Politicians are elected, if they were really as out of touch as you appear to believe they are, they wouldn't be elected. Better yet, take the matter into your own hands. If you believe a politician is governing inadequately, run for office yourself. There's really no excuse here.

"Im sick of these politicians making Bank as I work my ass off and pay there salary... AND THEY DON"T DO SHIT!"
    Come now, I'm sure politicians do something.

Blog Entries

"litlharsh" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    +1

I can't tell if you're serious or not here, but on the off chance you really believe what you've written here I'm going to go ahead and dismantle your post, not in the interest of a political debate (which this isn't), but so that you can better realize what an intellectual liability you've become for us Vikings' fans and so you can work to remedy this. Also: I'm bored.

"I say we should all stand up and say FUCK the politicians, take over the government and let 95% of the population control what happens"

What you are advocating is a true democracy, where every citizens has an equal say in what the government does, as opposed to the Democratic Republic system currently in place in the US, in which citizens elect other citizens who they feel will best represent their ideals and beliefs in the government. The reason the "True" Democracy is used? Nothing would EVER get done. Imagine all the special interest groups, differing viewpoints, and arguably insane opinions held in this roguish country of ours. Now imagine 300 million people trying to compromise all at once. Not gonna work.

"instead of the 5% who doesn't know anything that we want!"
    Politicians are elected, if they were really as out of touch as you appear to believe they are, they wouldn't be elected. Better yet, take the matter into your own hands. If you believe a politician is governing inadequately, run for office yourself. There's really no excuse here.

"Im sick of these politicians making Bank as I work my ass off and pay there salary... AND THEY DON"T DO SHIT!"
    Come now, I'm sure politicians do something.
    Your post has a few issues too.

if they were really as out of touch as you appear to believe they are, they wouldn't be elected.
    It's all about money. Those who have access to the most money are the ones who stand the best chance of being elected. That has nothing to do with whether they are out of touch with voters or not, but whether they are in touch with the interest groups that can fund them.

Nothing would EVER get done.
    That is what is happening now for the most part. What would happen more than likely is a huge amount of change. Although those changes would not be popular many citizens

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I heard the other day, that at the time of the Revolutionary War, King George had a higher rating with the public than this year's Congress.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I heard the other day, that at the time of the Revolutionary War, King George had a higher rating with the public than this year's Congress.
    lol

Just wait till one of them gets recorded saying "Let them eat cake"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    lol

Did you catch the latest screw up by Jesse Jackson?
    Got caught red handed, talking crap about OMAMA, behind his back.
    Well he thought so anyways, the mic was open and they didn't know it...LMAO

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    lol

Did you catch the latest screw up by Jesse Jackson?
    Got caught red handed, talking crap about OMAMA, behind his back.
    Well he thought so anyways, the mic was open and they didn't know it...LMAO
    fine upstanding man - not.. glad to see him get caught out and then squirming on TV trying to get out of it
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast