Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: what was hs football like for you if you played

I played High School Football at Brooklyn Tech. We ran the Option and I played Wr. You don't have to be a genious to know that this meant fewer touches. I left my Junior year of HS and moved to VA, where i foolishly didn't play my senior year because my father wouldn't help me purchase my accessories( I'm a WR what can I say). I ended up walking on to HU and tearing my ankle up.

High school football was fun. NYC has an incredible football staple. However, most schools have small linemen. The school I went to was a specialized high school so our line was even smaller. We had large specilized players( Me 6 ft 195) and Small Olinemen. One year we moved a WR to play guard( bench but still lol).

HS was funny. Getting yelled at by coach, talking trash. All of the star players developed an alter ego. I was started the trend. My Alter Ego was Q-Moss. When I stepped on the field, I tried to embarass who ever I was playing. I blocked alot and coach felt it was like having double tight out there.
    Our playbook was tremendous.

The greatest thing about high school football is the memories. I am having a birthday party this weekend and of the 30 invitees, 13 of them I played HS football with. I wouldn't trade those guys for anything.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

I played for a school in Missouri, Ste. Genevieve High School(Dragons).

Played varsity my junior and senior year at MLB and Center. A class 3 school out of six classes. I am/was 6'0" 215, squatted 500 and benched 320 as a senior.

Ste. Genevieve since 2000

District champs: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07
    Conference champs: 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07
    Regional Champs: 02, 03, 05, 07
    Semifinalist: 02, 03, 05
    State Finalist: 03
    State Champs: 1992

I played in 2002 and 2003. We lost in the semi's in 2002 to Salem. Had the ball on the 3 yard line down by six with a running clock at with 4 seconds left, snapped the ball at zero, our qb throws a pick in the back of the endzone......Broke a god damn heart...

Came back in 2003 and made it to the state championship game. Helped block for one of the best statistical RB's ever to go through Missouri, Adam Schwent 2,989 rushing yards. Was recruited by most big ten and twelve schools until he blew out his knee on the opening kickoff of the state game(no joke). Back then the Rams had the old Astro-turf on the field. I got recruited by a few small colleges but didn't feel it was worth my time and felt like I wanted to enjoy my college life.

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

Going good, until I got injuried my Junior season. Miami Northwestern High school. We were the #1 High school team in America last year. 30-0 is the current record, and still going strong. It was a Sports Hernia that ended my football career tho. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Sucks dude I was on my way too. 6'3' 265lbs LB/DE Tweener.

ALL DAY!!!

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

I played in the Bay Area, CA for 2 years, but in the second year I partially dislocated/separated my hip.
    When I finally came back I broke my collarbone.
    I didn't know I did it for a few weeks which made it worse and called quits after that so I could focus on baseball, which I'm glad I did because I'm still playing baseball today.

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

I played DE at Brainerd back in the late 80's.
    Started Junior and Senior seasons even though I was only 150 lbs.
    Luckily I was a wrestler so once I got a hold of someone they were coming down.

Actually made WCCO player of the week for 23 tackles in a game.

My senior season in 89 we were a .500 team, probably the worst team at Brainerd for the last 40 years.
    I read somewhere that our coach Ron Stolski has the most wins of any active high school coach in MN.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"Alharrissuks91" wrote:
    Hey pp.oers just wondering if any of you have played hs football back in the day and if what position and where was your school at. I happen to be an outside linebacker at moon high school out in pittsburgh football is never as crazy as i saw it especially with all of the greats that came out of this area
    I sure hope you tackle better than you type.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Only played my first 2 years of HS (joined the Army as a Junior).

Got bumped up to JV instead of Freshman ball my 9th grade year.
    Started at DE.
    Was average size, but fast.

Sophomore year played FB and DE.
    I was 2nd string FB and mainly a blocker.
    Led the team in sacks with 7.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Man, that was a long time ago for me, but I still remember it like it was yesterday.
    I played HS ball three years (I had to sit out as a freshman due to knee issues).
    I was a flanker and defensive back my sophomore and junior years, and got converted on offense to guard my senior year because we didn't have any depth and even though I was only around 150 lbs, I was the strongest player on the team (benched 325 at the start of my senior year, over twice my weight).
    And though I only started on defense as a DB and consequently didn't really play much at guard in games, it was still pretty fun practicing with the offensive linemen as we got to mix it up alot more than the weenie WRs and TEs.
    I was a starter at strong side corner my senior year, but ended up playing all four DB positions at one time or another due to injuries on the team and the coach needing to shuffle people around.
    At any rate, we were a senior laden team that had played together for three years running and had steadily gotten better, just missed the playoffs my soph year in the last game of the season, made it to the semis my junior year before losing the eventual state champs, but it was my senior year that was something special.
    Once we found out that all four of the state finals game were going to be played in the Superdome on one weekend for the first time ever and knowing that we had been so close the last year, we set our sights high...nothing less than the state championship would do.
    We started out the year undefeated, destroying our two biggest rivals in the process...before falling flat against another district team, 3-0 in overtime.
    But that game served as a wakeup call, as we didn't lose another game the rest of the regular season.
    We also made our way through the playoffs and ended up playing the same team that we lost to in the semis.
    This time though, we were the ones on the winning end of the score and made our way to the Superdome flying high.
    Once we got there, it was a very tough game but we prevailed, bringing a football state championship to our school for the first time in nearly 40 years.
    We were like demigods for the next year...free food, free booze (even though we were all mostly underage...lol), and best of all, all the "meow" that we could handle.
    Man, those were good times...like Bruce sings about...Glory Days indeed!

No scholarship offers for me though (except for academic ones, that is) but I ended my football career as a champion, so no regrets there.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

At my high school, white guys rode the pine. Cuz we sucked. I quit after freshman year to focus on studying (beer, buds, bit chez). our school was dominated by cretin anually. inner city programs aren't too great.

3030Vike is offline Waterboy

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    At my high school, white guys rode the pine. Cuz we sucked. I quit after freshman year to focus on studying (beer, buds, bit chez). our school was dominated by cretin anually. inner city programs aren't too great.
    I see you mention Cretin, so I'm assuming you played in the Suburban East Conference.
    What school did you play for? Ended up playing for Stillwater HS for three years as a CB.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast