Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

what was hs football like for you if you played

Hey pp.oers just wondering if any of you have played hs football back in the day and if what position and where was your school at. I happen to be an outside linebacker at moon high school out in pittsburgh football is never as crazy as i saw it especially with all of the greats that came out of this area

Re: what was hs football like for you if you played

also for those of you who may not remember but my school is huge rivals with montour the school that dick butkus coached on espn in 2005 you may remember them being pretty terrible but last season they went undefeated in regular season and made the district championship but got crushed

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Went to Sir Winston Churchill High School.
    (in Thunder Bay)
    The level of competition, was rather low, and there were only 6 teams in my city.
    We played Canadian rules.
    Every team I ever played on was always a contender, but would fall apart as soon as I left.
    At the Junior level, I played RB and P my first year.
    2nd year i dislocated my shoulder backly and was done for the season.
    3rd year switched to corner and started as well as P and KR/PR.
    4th year switched to safety and started untill i dislocated my shoulder again as well as played KR/PR.
    5th year switched back to offense, played RB, a bit of slot reciever, Punter, KR/PR and even a few plays at DE.
    (I'm 5'8" 150).
    In my second year, my team won the city finals.
    3rd and 5th year we lost in the finals, to teams who went on to win the reigonal championships.

I have some pics here

this one was probably an end around

These are kick returns

this one looks like i'm fumbling, but i've never fumbled in my life

not bad i experienced my first game in pittsburgh horribly like you i dislocated my shoulder but also strained the muscle there so it was a double whammy it really sucked but i came back from injury my coaches sucked though they moved me from full back to guard after my injury

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I'm a LOT and play the NT position occasionally.

We have no school teams so i'm doomed to travel for 50 minutes just to get there ( almost 2 hours by train and bus )
    I play with the Arnhem Falcons and we actually made it to the final 4 this year ( losing to Amsterdam )

I'm still a back up ( playing for only 2 seasons ) and personally i think i could really use on my strenght
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

dude that has to be annoying i hate being a backup especially out here its insanely fast my conference is the toughest in pittsburgh. i play the school tony dorsett and paul posluzny went to and they are insane also my rival school montour is where michael keaton went the only really famous player if you consider him famous was rich milot who won some superbowls with the redskins as a starting linebacker. and aq shippley the penn state center went to my school. And John Calipari the memphis head basketball coach is one of my schools alumni. any way i am from maplewood, mn and would have gone to play at the same school james laurinaitis went to i also happened to meet him in person what a nice guy huge vikes fan too

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Westfield High in NJ.

Played in a ridiculous overpowered(compared to us) conference that we really should not have been in.

I played DT and journeyman offensive line. I started 2 games at center my junior year, never really got much that much varsity playing time at DT after sophomore year even though when I did play, I played really well.

I was 6'4 275, ran all my 40s in 4.95-5.05, 25 inch vertical, and 225 for 13 reps(I can do closer to twenty now, but I'm sure I'm slower.)

I was the biggest and most athletic lineman we had, I practiced hard, but for some reason I didn't get the playing time.

This was pretty disheartening, I got really frustrated late in junior year, got zero time in the last few games.

After going 0-20, only winning 2 consolation games in two years, while not getting any playing time, and the coaches not changing thing up at all, I decided not to play my senior year. I focused on track, and I'm glad I did.

good for you my school picks favorites also although i happen to be second team varsity and i will play some this year probably and start my senior year we run a 3-4 defense and that's y i love the game cuz i can hit guys without any trouble i love defense ;D

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Dawson-Boyd Minnesota

Wasn't very good but it was always a lot of fun, part of the reason I like football so much still.
    The only thing I don't miss though are the two a days, linemen just weren't built for two a days(well atleast fat ones).

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Alharrissuks91" wrote:
    not bad i experienced my first game in pittsburgh horribly like you i dislocated my shoulder but also strained the muscle there so it was a double whammy it really sucked but i came back from injury my coaches sucked though they moved me from full back to guard after my injury
    I fractured the head of my humurous

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast