Ended up spending the day, yesterday, at a ole friends. His son's 3 year birthday, we spent time in his new hot tub- killed a few cold ones- and all ate till we where ready for naps...

Got home late and tired, Really happy to read about the Sharper deal and all the other news, best was seeing KFan,,Bounced...Loved it..

Woke up at 3 today to meet up with another group of ole time friends for some Ice Fishing.

Hit Crystal Lake .....Myself, Tony M., Rick P., and Gary B.......

First Rick and I got to work drilling holes and cleaning out the ice shards....

Gary followed with Tip Up's ...Laced with Small and Med. size shiners..

Tony M. went to work on KP Duty, wipping up his famous, Ice House Breakfeast Burritos.....Man are they good..

Ater all the TU's set up....Ranging from 12 to 40 ft in depth. We moved towards shore and drilled maybe a dozen jigging holes.....
Returned to main camp and munched out.....Still no flags, so off to jigging..

Right away, Gary pulls in a nice rainbow..And does a nice little dance for us, Gary is known as the Jig Master by us....

Then Tony hits with the jig, another RB...Then T., again RB...
Then Gary...RB...Then Rick,RB...Gary,RB.....Moalboal Diver RB.......

All in all, thru the day, 18 Rainbows, ranging from 9 to 20 inches......

All that fell in the slot, were released....ended up leaving the ice w/six total....

During the end of the jigging frenzy, we all packed up to go make some lunch. This time it was Ricks turn at KP Duty. Rick promised us all a treat, and he didn't disapoint one of us. Rick broke out the Rosels Hot Dogs, and a Quart of Capital Lunch Hot Dog Sauce (meat sauce), chopped unions and musterd.....Man what a treat...This is a well known Dog Place in New Britain. Ct...That sell's it's famous meat sauce on the side.....

Back to jigging (all this time,still no flags)?

But Bang! On the farthest tip up out, I see it's calling my name....I put my last in about 40' of water, on the bottom....

After a long slow trot, I get to the TU..., the reel is still at a slow but steady turn. I wait till it stops, and set the hook, not much of a fight but I can feel some size to it....
This is the 20" nice and fat, w/beautiful coloring, BROWN Trout...Only Brown of the day and the biggest of all..

Couple more jigging, here and there, then time to pack up.
All the Rainbows hit jigs, roughly 12 to 18 ft.of water...We all used ]various colored pimples, spiced up with Wax Worms...

Only the one flag, all day...????

All in All, Great Day with some long time friends, Great Food, Great Laughs, and the fish where bitting.......

Tight Lines,
Viking Ned