Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

What do you think of the Death Penalty? Does your State?

Does your State have it?

Here in Connecticut we do have the death penalty...

We used it just two days ago, the Serial Killer, Micheal Ross was put to death by leathal injection..

Ross killed 8 women during a two year span in the early 80's....maybe I should say girls, since most where between 14 and 17 years old...

This was our first exacution since 1960....

I personaly believe in the death penalty, but at the same time, I believe the exactution should be fast and painless.....

I guess lethal injection is much like putting a pet to sleep...Painless and you just go to sleep..

I understand this is a touchy topic, and everyone has a right to their opinion....
    There was over 500 people who where at the prison in Storrs,CT., at 2:00 AM to protest the exacution, in 20 degree wheather....

What is your say?......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What do you think of the Death Penalty? Does your Stat

Dunno, I am torn on he issue. In Canada we do not have the death penalty.

Sometimes, when someone commits a crime as you mentioned, my emotions tell me it is a good thing, eye for an eye type of thing. In Canada the maximum sentence is life in jail with parole after 25 years. Not to mention the extreme cost of holding a prisoner for life is for taxpayers.

On the other hand, the justice system is not perfect. Many times due to legal red tape or scientific inadequacies potentially vindicating evidence is not brought to court. Often now we see how DNA testing has cleared people condemned 20-30 years ago. Also I am Catholic and deep down I know that it is not up to humans to judge each other but for God to judge us all, but that is neither here nor there.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

MN, doesnt have the death penalty either.

I think that murders that admit to a crime should be put to death if the death penalty is appropriate for the crime such as murder. but other wise there are just too many wrongfully accused people in prison for crimes they didnt commit. Look at how modern day science has proved so many people innocent of crimes they were found guilty for and are being released due to DNA testing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

In Ohio we have it. In the past few years it has been used a few times.

I am pro death penalty. These people who are found guilty of murder serve no purpose being held in prison for the rest of their lives at taxpayer expense. I guess I endorse an eye-for-an-eye theory.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

I'm for it on "the worste of the worste". The guy that killed Dru Sjodin should get it, but won't because of the laws in Minnesota.

http://www.finddru.com/

If they ever had a new job opening for executioner, I would take it in a heartbeat. I would especially enjoy my work on those who bring harm to children!

NodakVike is offline Training Camp

I worked with Dru at the Bar here in Grand Forks and knew her quite well. For little fat man Alfonso can face death in this case because it is fedreal. Also he is in jail in Fargo, so minnesota has little to do with him unless the state brings other charges besides the fedreal ones.

I am for the Death Penalty they get just what they deserve :!:

New Mexico allows the death penalty as an option in cases of first-degree murder or felony murder with aggravating circumstances but I don't think it has been used in a few years. The last one put to death here was an admitted child killer.

I am pro-death penalty. I also subscribe to the notion of an eye for an eye. The only problem I would have of course would be any innocent person being put to death. But, at the same time, if a person has either plead guilty or been found guilty of a heinous crime and has used all of their appeals, I say kill 'em. It's a harsh statement but it's what they deserve.
    Even babies know the difference.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

i dont think nodak has it, but we should. a lot of poeple get put in jail and when they get out they just do there crime again. If someone murders somebody than they should be put to death so it cant happen again.

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    i dont think nodak has it, but we should. a lot of poeple get put in jail and when they get out they just do there crime again. If someone murders somebody than they should be put to death so it cant happen again.
    No. ND does not have it.

Is there any crime even? :lol:
    "Hey, keep your hands off them there oats"! :lol:

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast