Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    zimtwister is offline Coach

what do i get my daughters for Christmas?

they are 11 and 13. i asked them and they said "gift cards" but that is kinda boring. maybe i will buy something that i know they wont like and wrap it up with a gift card, say a barney toy or something. waddayathink?
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Re: what do i get my daughters for Christmas?

"zimtwister" wrote:
    they are 11 and 13. i asked them and they said "gift cards" but that is kinda boring. maybe i will buy something that i know they wont like and wrap it up with a gift card, say a barney toy or something. waddayathink?
    Yeah there is nothing like torturing your kids at Christmas. :lol: I think gift cards are boring. Personally I used to buy all the kids in the family things that I knew their parents would never get them (like big squirt guns) or things that introduced them to something new that they hadn't thought of doing (like glider kits). One year I took pics of them and made them into posters like they were movie stars and rock stars. I am their favorite uncle. :smile:

In short try and surprise them with something. Just getting them things that they think they want is not as much fun on Christmas morning. They can get that stuff anytime.

WWBGD

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Can't go wrong with money zim!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"RK" wrote:
    "zimtwister" wrote:
    Yeah there is nothing like torturing your kids at Christmas. :lol: I think gift cards are boring. Personally I used to buy all the kids in the family things that I knew their parents would never get them (like big squirt guns) or things that introduced them to something new that they hadn't thought of doing (like glider kits). One year I took pics of them and made them into posters like they were movie stars and rock stars. I am their favorite uncle. :smile:

In short try and surprise them with something. Just getting them things that they think they want is not as much fun on Christmas morning. They can get that stuff anytime.
    That is an awesome idea RK! I actually could see myself doing the posters for kids in my class someday when I have my own classroom.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Prophet Guest

I usually make up some certificates for doing things they like to do that we don't do often enough. Something like coupons for things like: a movie with dad, an afternoon of bike riding, a picnic lunch to their favorite destination, etc. Just stuff that they like to do and they can cash in their coupons whenever.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"zimtwister" wrote:
    "gift cards" is pre-teen speak for they don't trust your judgment, so they just want your money to go and buy whatever they want! :sad:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Make up of course!

6-KINGS Guest

They have these Phillips Digital camers for $20.
    They take like 20 pictures and can take video and be used as a web cam.
    They hook up to the PC so you can save them.

Pretty cool gift for $20

Anything from aeropostle, pacsun, abercrombie. All the places where clothes cost a small fortune :roll: my neices all wany gift cards from these stores.

I'm exercising my ass by doing flexing exercises while typing. Prophet 3:42pm March 16, 2007
    "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." Mike Ditka

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Aeropostle and Abercrombie hahahahahahaha...

Prep stores!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast