Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: What is this Country of ours coming to ?????????

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    This may sound like a dumb question, but I'm unfamiliar with American programs.
    But what is SSD, and what exactly does it entail?

    Social Security Disability.. It is basically for people that can no longer work and are not retirement age yet..
    How much money does it usually entail?



    It's based on your work history and your past income...Also Family Size and dependents..


    I understand how back problems would eliminate any chance of working in concrete, but are there no other job you qualify for Ned (other than the ridiculous towel folder positions)?
    There are lots of jobs where you just sit down all day.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  2. #22
    Mikecarter81's Avatar
    Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    823

    Re: What is this Country of ours coming to ?????????

    Ned

    Hey,
    I work on these forms all day long.
    Its not uncommon to get denied the first time for SSI.
    Perhaps you've all ready done this, but here is one suggestion that helped some of my clients.
    My suggestion is to refile the form and be more focused on how it limits your work, in your job.
    For example, if you are a brick layer
    tell them lifting over 25 lbs is a sizeable part of the day, and how due to the physical limitations you just can't do it anymore.
    The more specific you can be in the description the better.
    I know you can do it.
    Shoot me a PM if you need help with it.
    I'm more then willing to help out a member.

    Good luck

    Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

  3. #23
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: What is this Country of ours coming to ?????????

    that is a god damm shame man, a god damm shame.

    They won't pay for one of their own citizens but they are spending 4 billion a month in Iraq looking for the weapons of mass destruction. We are going down the crapper boys.

    hope you get well son ned

  4. #24
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: What is this Country of ours coming to ?????????

    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    that is a god damm shame man, a god damm shame.

    They won't pay for one of their own citizens but they are spending 4 billion a month in Iraq looking for the weapons of mass destruction. We are going down the crapper boys.

    hope you get well son ned
    The WMD's are in Syria. Always have been since we gave them a damn 2 months advance notice we were going to come over there & search for them.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #25
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: What is this Country of ours coming to ?????????

    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Ned

    Hey,
    I work on these forms all day long.
    Its not uncommon to get denied the first time for SSI.
    Perhaps you've all ready done this, but here is one suggestion that helped some of my clients.
    My suggestion is to refile the form and be more focused on how it limits your work, in your job.
    For example, if you are a brick layer
    tell them lifting over 25 lbs is a sizeable part of the day, and how due to the physical limitations you just can't do it anymore.
    The more specific you can be in the description the better.
    I know you can do it.
    Shoot me a PM if you need help with it.
    I'm more then willing to help out a member.

    Good luck

    Mike
    Is that going to work? They already told him he could still fold linen & bedspreads.

    If he gets any more specific, won't they just tell him he is qualified to sort & fold socks?
    :P


    At this rate, by years end he could be on a line inspecting cotton balls, Q-Tips & toothpicks for quality assurance.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #26
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: What is this Country of ours coming to ?????????

    "singersp" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    that is a god damm shame man, a god damm shame.

    They won't pay for one of their own citizens but they are spending 4 billion a month in Iraq looking for the weapons of mass destruction. We are going down the crapper boys.

    hope you get well son ned
    The WMD's are in Syria. Always have been since we gave them a gol 'darnit 2 months advance notice we were going to come over there & search for them.
    well, i think the war started 5 years ago and I am not really good at math, but I think you just saved them 240 billion. dude that rocks!!!

  7. #27
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: What is this Country of ours coming to ?????????

    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    that is a god damm shame man, a god damm shame.

    They won't pay for one of their own citizens but they are spending 4 billion a month in Iraq looking for the weapons of mass destruction. We are going down the crapper boys.

    hope you get well son ned
    The WMD's are in Syria. Always have been since we gave them a gol 'darnit 2 months advance notice we were going to come over there & search for them.
    well, i think the war started 5 years ago and I am not really good at math, but I think you just saved them 240 billion. dude that rocks!!!
    LOL! They should have listened to me then.

    It was kind of like doing a drug raid at a crack house. Your goal is to find drugs & controlled substances. You give them a two months notice ahead of time that your coming, but are shocked when you finally get there & find nothing.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: What is this Country of ours coming to ?????????

    "Garland" wrote:
    Ned I work as a Academic Advisor for a 2 year school, I have a idea or 2 and sent you a PM
    Another one of the reasons I love this site.
    Way to step up my friend.

    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: What is this Country of ours coming to ?????????

    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Ned

    Hey,
    I work on these forms all day long.
    Its not uncommon to get denied the first time for SSI.
    Perhaps you've all ready done this, but here is one suggestion that helped some of my clients.
    My suggestion is to refile the form and be more focused on how it limits your work, in your job.
    For example, if you are a brick layer
    tell them lifting over 25 lbs is a sizeable part of the day, and how due to the physical limitations you just can't do it anymore.
    The more specific you can be in the description the better.
    I know you can do it.
    Shoot me a PM if you need help with it.
    I'm more then willing to help out a member.

    Good luck

    Mike
    Same comment as I gave GG.
    It amazes me the wide range of backgrounds our site has.
    Seems someone always has something to offer a fellow PPO'r.

    Way to step up Mike.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: What is this Country of ours coming to ?????????

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    As many of you here know, I'm facing a very big operation and also the fact that I've been waiting for my SSD to be approved.
    Yesterday I recieved the decisions letter and I was denied.
    This didn't suprise me because I've been told that
    would be denied more likely than approved.



    They came to the conclusion that I do suffer from some serious health issues that would most likely make it so that I can't continue doing what I've been doing for the past 25years.
    That would be Concrete Construction.



    But on the last page, they did decide I would not be approved because of the fact that they found two jobs that they felt I did qualify for and could handle with my healthy issue's.




    Hold onto your hats boys and girls.
    Here are the two jobs I qualify for.



    1)

    Bedspreed Folder



    2)

    Linen Folder






    I don't even know what to say to this, I think I'm in shock.
    What has our Goverment and it's agencys come to these days?




    HELP!



    YFIS,




    Ned
    No offense, but I think I'll keep my laundry maid.
    8)

    [img width=450 height=542]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/HOF/T4.jpg[/img]

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone else like country music?
    By baumy300 in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 09:28 PM
  2. Inbreeding in Del Rio country
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 07:33 PM
  3. Buy your own country!
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 07:47 PM
  4. The Germans are coming...TheGermans are coming...
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 12:26 PM
  5. What state or country are you from?
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-30-2005, 12:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •