Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VikingKen is offline Starter

What is the best way?

Ok so I started a new job last week. First day on the job I noticed a co-worker that is loud mouth, know it all that likes to make sure everybody knows he's the best thing since the invention of the pigskin. Needless to say I thought he was a jerk. Fast foreword to yesterday. I'm finding myself having to deal with this guys department more and more on a daily basis. So in a meeting it comes up that I'm an NFL fan and Mr. loud jerk says "Oh yea Ken who's your team" I proudly said the Minnesota Vikings. Mr Jerk starts hitting the table and laughing. He proceeds to tell me how he's a huge Packer fan (use to live in Green Bay) and how Lord Farve is going out like Elway did.

So what do you think the best way to deal with this piece of garbage. Should I just bite my tongue and let him rattle his crud until the season starts and I can get the last laugh or should I point out to him how well Lord Farve did against the Vikings last year?

I know this Mr Jerk will not let this rest. So I can't just blow him off as another lame cheesehead. Maybe one of my purple brothers have dealt with a similar situation. Give me your thoughts and idea's!!!

A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order. -- Bud Grant

Prophet Guest

Re: What is the best way?

People like that make an ass of themself, no need to say or do anything.

I would say lay low and let the season speak for itself. Chances are that your co-workers already know this guy is a windbag. Just make sure that you save the newspaper clippings to leave on his desk after "Lord Farve" experiences a few of his bad days. Especially the ones versus the Vikes.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

What I usually do is roll my eyes and say something cynical quietly under my breath but loud enough so that they can hear it. Usually shuts em up pretty good. If he's like "LORD FAVRE WILL GO OUT LIKE ELWAY" then quietly, keeping your cool say something like "isn't that what he tried last year?" and leave.

Either that or say nothing. Just smile and go on with your day. Then, when the vikes own the packers during the regular season, you will have the last laugh.

kjdaddy is offline Pro-Bowler

"VikingKen" wrote:
    Ok so I started a new job last week. First day on the job I noticed a co-worker that is loud mouth, know it all that likes to make sure everybody knows he's the best thing since the invention of the pigskin. Needless to say I thought he was a jerk. Fast foreword to yesterday. I'm finding myself having to deal with this guys department more and more on a daily basis. So in a meeting it comes up that I'm an NFL fan and Mr. loud jerk says "Oh yea Ken who's your team" I proudly said the Minnesota Vikings. Mr Jerk starts hitting the table and laughing. He proceeds to tell me how he's a huge Packer fan (use to live in Green Bay) and how Lord Farve is going out like Elway did.

So what do you think the best way to deal with this piece of garbage. Should I just bite my tongue and let him rattle his crud until the season starts and I can get the last laugh or should I point out to him how well Lord Farve did against the Vikings last year?

I know this Mr Jerk will not let this rest. So I can't just blow him off as another lame cheesehead. Maybe one of my purple brothers have dealt with a similar situation. Give me your thoughts and idea's!!!
    I would lay low, play it cool...don't want to lower yourself to his level. Then next season when we Break Favre Freakin in Half...just stroll in with no cares in the world b/c we still have a breathing QB, give him a cool glance and a smile, with the subtle, "you the man" finger point. He will know with this that he is not the man, you are.
    Go Vikes!
    Skol!

boognish is offline Coordinator

First off, was it any surprise to you that someone this lame also turned out to be a fan of the Peckers? I didn't think so.

Since it's your first week on the job, I'd give it a little time and scope out the lay of the land; chances are your other co-workers think this guy is a knob too. If that's the case, once you've worked there a while and gotten into everybody's good graces (which all Viking fans usually do) I'd start ribbing this guy mercilessly about the Peckers (assuming he's not your manager, or related to the manager in some way). Keep it good natured and you'll look like a champ, while his childish retorts (which all Pecker fans have no choice but to use) will make him look like even more of a chump. Then have a laugh at his expense with your other co-workers who, by then, will have turned into diehard Vikings fans themselves.

It's all so easy. :grin:
    I am a dipshit!!!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Wait untill the season starts. When Favre falls on his face, then make fun of him.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    Wait untill the season starts. When Favre falls on his face, then make fun of him.
    No, just smirk at him...it will hurt his pride worse. :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

Tell hi how close Favre is to the all time interception lead! Thats what I tell my one and only Packer fan!

Thank you Josdin for the sig

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Why is it whenever someone asks me who my favorite team is and I say the Vikings I alway seem to get ripped on? I swear, even people in Minnesota are like "how can you root for a team who just sucks." I absolutely hate that! Ususally I try to defend them, throw out some stats or whatever but it pisses me off so much. Especially if it's a Packer fan!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast