Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Well this is just lovely...

I consider myself a fairly optimistic, intelligent, motivated kind of guy. Really do. I always try my hardest, try to keep complaints to a minimum, and keep looking forward. Yet sometimes, I feel God himself took the the time reach down from the heavens and straight up B-slap me.

================================================== ============
    Don't read beyond this point unless you want to hear about someones misfortunes.

So basically, this all starts with me going to college down here in Hawaii. Sounds great right? Yes and no.

Long story short:

* Had a financial aid company assure me everything was good.

* It wasn't.

* Got down here. Denied denied denied.

* Cosigners credit wasn't good enough.

* I need to be 24 for my own loan.

* School wants the money now for to continue.

* Good chance I'm screwed.

Basically I am still awaiting word on another loan I am eligible for since we keep getting denied, but I don't even think that will be enough to cover the 5k difference.

I need to know soon or else I will be forced to discontinue my classes. Which almost leaves me no option but to withdraw. Something I only have a few days to do.

The worst part is I feel betrayed. Almost left to die. I really had faith in the fact my original company was going to come through. Life lesson 1 Baumy 0.

Anyways, I don't know what to expect out of this, but it feels really good to get it off my chest.

I more than likely will end up back home for the remaining 2 months until I begin summer work. The good news I can just pay my way through next year at school if I stay home and finish up some generals at a community college. Still embarassing though. I feel like
    kind of failed and let everyone down. Plus I don't want to leave all the people I have met.

Oh well. What can a guy do, right? I'm hoping the phrase "everything happens for a reason" is true.

I am anxious to see what comes out of this.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Well this is just lovely...

You didn't fail, life happens and if you have done your part it's not your fault.
    Hope everything works out for you.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

baumy300,

First of all let me give you a bit of a smile
    ;D.
    I thought you were a female also.
    Seems I am missing the mark on alot of you based on your avatar.

Second.
    Never feel like you let anyone down if you are setting goals and doing your best to meet them.
    Come back, do what you can do financially, keep on track and then go when you get all the ducks to line up.

I subscribe to the "everything happens for a reason".
    If nothing else, you will learn from this and take something valuable away from it.

Marty
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys. Appreciate it.

Maybe it's better this way as it will force me to pay my college off through my summer construction job. Probably in the long run. Who knows?

It will take more than this to keep me down, but I won't lie, still sucks.

Oh and if I was the female in my avatar, chances are pretty good I wouldn't leave house

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

baumy300 keep your head up and keep fighting the good fight because when it is all said and done that is all we can do.

ps. you are in Hawaii and you are not stuck in Minnesota where it is 25 degrees and we just got a foot of new snow.
    So go to a beach somewhere and watch the cute girls run around in bikini's and take your mind off if for awhile.

And yes I am envious!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    baumy300 keep your head up and keep fighting the good fight because when it is all said and done that is all we can do.

ps. you are in Hawaii and you are not stuck in Minnesota where it is 25 degrees and we just got a foot of new snow.
    So go to a beach somewhere and watch the cute girls run around in bikini's and take your mind off if for awhile.

And yes I am envious!
    Thanks man.

But nay to the beach idea bro. It rains here almost 24/7. It's horrible. It is still is better than the snow and cold though dude.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Don't fret, not that bad of a situation.
    Keep your head up and look for opportunities, if that's where you are suppose to be and you really want to be there it will work out.
    If you do what you love for your career everything will work out for the best, because it will never seem like you're working.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"baumy300" wrote:
    I consider myself a fairly optimistic, intelligent, motivated kind of guy. Really do. I always try my hardest, try to keep complaints to a minimum, and keep looking forward. Yet sometimes, I feel God himself took the the time reach down from the heavens and straight up B-slap me.

Don't read beyond this point unless you want to hear about someones misfortunes.

So basically, this all starts with me going to college down here in Hawaii. Sounds great right? Yes and no.

Long story short:

* Had a financial aid company assure me everything was good.

* It wasn't.

* Got down here. Denied denied denied.

* Cosigners credit wasn't good enough.

* I need to be 24 for my own loan.

* School wants the money now for to continue.

* Good chance I'm screwed.

Basically I am still awaiting word on another loan I am eligible for since we keep getting denied, but I don't even think that will be enough to cover the 5k difference.

I need to know soon or else I will be forced to discontinue my classes. Which almost leaves me no option but to withdraw. Something I only have a few days to do.

The worst part is I feel betrayed. Almost left to die. I really had faith in the fact my original company was going to come through. Life lesson 1 Baumy 0.

Anyways, I don't know what to expect out of this, but it feels really good to get it off my chest.

I more than likely will end up back home for the remaining 2 months until I begin summer work. The good news I can just pay my way through next year at school if I stay home and finish up some generals at a community college. Still embarassing though. I feel like
    kind of failed and let everyone down. Plus I don't want to leave all the people I have met.

Oh well. What can a guy do, right? I'm hoping the phrase "everything happens for a reason" is true.

I am anxious to see what comes out of this.

I may have some ideas, I sent you a PM. I work as a Academic Advisor I may have some ideas

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"baumy300" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

And yes I am envious!
    Thanks man.

But nay to the beach idea bro. It rains here almost 24/7. It's horrible. It is still is better than the snow and cold though dude.
    You are on the WRONG side of the island!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

And yes I am envious!
    Thanks man.

You are on the WRONG side of the island!
    Fo Sho!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast