Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Re: WELCOME BACK, TNT!!!

I have no idea where that is... I live in Glen Ellyn. I'll ask him about the bean bag game tonight when I get home. I'm sure he'll know the deal with it.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    I have no idea where that is... I live in Glen Ellyn. I'll ask him about the bean bag game tonight when I get home. I'm sure he'll know the deal with it.
    Evanston is north of Wrigley Field...right along the lake...near Northwestern, U of Chicago and Loyola (Chicago)...pretty far from you. Actually, I camped out near Maringo (just NW of you) and drove through your town when I was bringing my wife to O'Hare (long story...maybe I will tell it to you in person at the tailgate party next season).

Anyway...let me know about the beanbag game...maybe he can even get us a setup for our tailgate party...or I can make us a Vikings one! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Well even if he can set us up one... we still need a VIKINGS one!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I just did some quick searching, 'cause I was curious too.

Different sites gave different rules, but basically you put the two boards 25-30 feet apart. Each team throws 4 bean bags in a round. A bag in the hole at the end of the round counts 3 points, and a bag on the board at the end of the round counts 1 point. The teams' points cancel each other out at the end of a round, so if Team 1 scores 3 points in a round, and team 2 scores 1 point, then team 1 scores 2 total points for the round. First team to 21 wins, though most sites include the provision that you can also win by shutting out your opponent 11-0 (slaughter rule).

If you want to make a board, the top is 24" x 48". The hole is 6" in diameter, and the center of the hole is 9" from the top of the board (centered horizontally). The front of the board is supposed to stand 4" from the ground, and the back, 12".

If you don't want to make it yourself, then here:
    http://www.collegegear.com/sf/stores/1451/p-124591.shtml

Thanks Josdin!!!

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

Welcome back TNT

Thanks PurpleMafia

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome back TNT!

"josdin00" wrote:
    I just did some quick searching, 'cause I was curious too.

Different sites gave different rules, but basically you put the two boards 25-30 feet apart. Each team throws 4 bean bags in a round. A bag in the hole at the end of the round counts 3 points, and a bag on the board at the end of the round counts 1 point. The teams' points cancel each other out at the end of a round, so if Team 1 scores 3 points in a round, and team 2 scores 1 point, then team 1 scores 2 total points for the round. First team to 21 wins, though most sites include the provision that you can also win by shutting out your opponent 11-0 (slaughter rule).

If you want to make a board, the top is 24" x 48". The hole is 6" in diameter, and the center of the hole is 9" from the top of the board (centered horizontally). The front of the board is supposed to stand 4" from the ground, and the back, 12".

If you don't want to make it yourself, then here:
    http://www.collegegear.com/sf/stores/1451/p-124591.shtml
    AWESOME research, Jos! But the BURNING question is why is it so popular in Chicago???

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

That, I can't tell you. My wife has her own bakery. She makes homemade fudge and other items, and then we sell them at craft shows (primarily in the fall). Last season, there were a bunch of people selling the boards, and some crafters doing just the bean-bags in different patterned fabric.

"josdin00" wrote:
    That, I can't tell you. My wife has her own bakery. She makes homemade fudge and other items, and then we sell them at craft shows (primarily in the fall). Last season, there were a bunch of people selling the boards, and some crafters doing just the bean-bags in different patterned fabric.
    Where are the shows located?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast