Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Week 13 and Yearly Results

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Well, on the bright side girls on top is the best!!
    Thats because girls know how to do things right :wink:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

No argument here!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"SKOL" wrote:
    That's right Shock. The logical conclusion is that if the season ended today the victory would be yours based on winning percentage. There are posters that missed week one, or missed a different week during the season. Having the overall leader be based on winning percentage was the only incentive people would have to continue with this after they missed a week. Otherwise it would be just a two team league, TNT & VKG4LFE.
    It's not our fault that nobody stays up on their picks! The only people it should be between is TNT and I! (so I have a 50/50 shot at winning!!)

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

exactly VKG!!!

I say you both mudwrestle for the title!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Cajun, we need a legal mind to help resolve this issue. Not all of us were able to be here every single week to take part in the pool. In fact VKG4LFE and TNT are the only ones remaining from week 1 that have participated every week (props to them). Some people were on vacation, others forgot to include games here and there, etc. Some time back we started figuring first place using winning percentage, which seemed like a logical solution, provided someone participated in a reasonable amount of games (similar to a batting title in baseball).

So the question is, should the winner be based on overall wins (even though it may be because of more games), or on winning percentage? I know the rest of us will continue to have fun with it, but it would be nice to know that our participation is somewhat meaningful in the end.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Overall wins, overall wins, or I'll sue!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I'm waiting for the mumbo jumbo reply...

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

girls on top mmm no comment
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

"SKOL" wrote:
    Cajun, we need a legal mind to help resolve this issue. Not all of us were able to be here every single week to take part in the pool. In fact VKG4LFE and TNT are the only ones remaining from week 1 that have participated every week (props to them). Some people were on vacation, others forgot to include games here and there, etc. Some time back we started figuring first place using winning percentage, which seemed like a logical solution, provided someone participated in a reasonable amount of games (similar to a batting title in baseball).

So the question is, should the winner be based on overall wins (even though it may be because of more games), or on winning percentage? I know the rest of us will continue to have fun with it, but it would be nice to know that our participation is somewhat meaningful in the end.
    I cannot give legal advice to anyone regarding this (or any other legal matter) because I am not licensed in MN (which is probably the jurisdiction that a lawsuit would have to be filed). But an unofficial analysis of this issue would lead me to believe that it all depends on what the rules were when the pool started...unless everyone agreed that it could be changed during the season. If Webby made the original rules and he reserved the right to change them without prior notice, then that would give none of the participants any rights to challenge the rules changes. If Webby did not make the original rules and left the rulemaking up to the participants, then it would depend again on who made the original rules and who originally agreed upon them. Any subsequent posters who joined the pool after that would have accepted the rules as they were when they joined in. If all the posters who were in the pool when any rules changes were made agreed on a particular rules change (and did not voice any disagreement when the change was made), they would have probably been deemed to have agreed and accepted the rules change. Again, any subsequent posters who joined would have been deemed to have accepted the rules (including any rules changes) as they were when they joined the pool.

I could go on and on (with a more convoluted "mumbo jumbo" answer). but the fact of the matter is that it seems to me that the rules were changed to entice more people to get involved in the weekly picks and not give up just because they joined the board during the season or they missed a week or two. Maybe their should be multiple winners: one for complete season best record (between TNT and VKG), best winning percentage (minimum # of games), etc. The bottom line is that there is no money riding on it and it is supposed to be for fun (and a little bragging rights). The best solution (leaving the legal mumbo jumbo out of it) is to name as many different catagory winners as possible...that way all of the top performers are recognized for their excellence...otherwise, there will be very few participants next season.

Lighten up and have fun! :sunny:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123