Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: weather in mn

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

weather in mn

I like winter better now that I have gotten to the point were I can take a nice week long vacation on an Island every year in late Jan or Feb to break up the winter. Otherwise it gets way to long and boring not being able to go to a beach or sit by a fire at night looking at the stars.

This year it's Hawaii for 10 days, never been before and I hope it's as beautiful as everyone says
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

weather in mn

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I like winter better now that I have gotten to the point were I can take a nice week long vacation on an Island every year in late Jan or Feb to break up the winter. Otherwise it gets way to long and boring not being able to go to a beach or sit by a fire at night looking at the stars.

This year it's Hawaii for 10 days, never been before and I hope it's as beautiful as everyone says
    woooohooo Hawaii? you taking me with you? we can go visit H_V... hehehe

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

weather in mn

"SKOL" wrote:
    It's probably our definition of "bitter cold" that differs. To me, any day with highs below zero is bitter cold. That happens about 7 days out of the year. Maybe it's more in the rural areas of Minnesota, Wisconsin and the Dakotas. The Twin Cities area seem to be buffered somewhat from the extremes.
    now ain't that right ! I can remember being in the TC a couple of years ago and there was snowfall whilst we were here - about 4" worth. The taxi driver taking us back to airport said it was just a "light dusting" ......
    If we get 2" of snow in the south of England then the whole region grinds to a halt ..... :lol: :lol:
    I've been there when the temp has fallen below zero and it doesn't seem so bad - maybe because the air is not damp, whereas here the temp can be higher but it feels worse due to the damp
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

weather in mn

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

woooohooo Hawaii? you taking me with you? we can go visit H_V... hehehe

Sorry TNT don't think my wife would appreciate the fact I brought such a hot lady with, though I would love to have you along! :wink:

weather in mn

LOL... yeah I'm sure that she wouldn't!

weather in mn

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    It's probably our definition of "bitter cold" that differs. To me, any day with highs below zero is bitter cold. That happens about 7 days out of the year. Maybe it's more in the rural areas of Minnesota, Wisconsin and the Dakotas. The Twin Cities area seem to be buffered somewhat from the extremes.
    now ain't that right ! I can remember being in the TC a couple of years ago and there was snowfall whilst we were here - about 4" worth. The taxi driver taking us back to airport said it was just a "light dusting" ......
    If we get 2" of snow in the south of England then the whole region grinds to a halt ..... :lol: :lol:
    I've been there when the temp has fallen below zero and it doesn't seem so bad - maybe because the air is not damp, whereas here the temp can be higher but it feels worse due to the damp

AngloVike

2 to 4 inches only slows the traffic down because our roads in Minnesota are so outdated, to become a problem we need 7 to 10 inches of snow.

What really sucks is when you get a blizzard with 12 to 16 of snow, which will be followed by a cold front were the temp drops to 20 below zero and the cold spell will last for 5 to 7 days.

weather in mn

"whackthepack" wrote:

AngloVike

2 to 4 inches only slows the traffic down because our roads in Minnesota are so outdated, to become a problem we need 7 to 10 inches of snow.

What really sucks is when you get a blizzard with 12 to 16 of snow, which will be followed by a cold front were the temp drops to 20 below zero and the cold spell will last for 5 to 7 days.
    BRRRRR... I'm cold just thinking about that! I hate winters like that!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

weather in mn

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

AngloVike

Don't forget the damn wind gusts!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

weather in mn

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

AngloVike

sounds like St. Petersburg Russia, two places I ever been really cold in my life the mountains of South Korea and St pete Russia and both times the folks around me said oh this is like fall...st. pete was the worst at 25degress C below not including the wind chill just wait until it gets cold...yea right I was out of there. I wasn't even that cold going through a course in Alaska coming from Hawaii in the middle of winter but I sure miss min/wis area who knows maybe one day...
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

weather in mn

"casper" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

AngloVike

sounds like St. Petersburg Russia, two places I ever been really cold in my life the mountains of South Korea and St pete Russia and both times the folks around me said oh this is like fall...st. pete was the worst at 25degress C below not including the wind chill just wait until it gets cold...yea right I was out of there. I wasn't even that cold going through a course in Alaska coming from Hawaii in the middle of winter but I sure miss min/wis area who knows maybe one day...

The coldest I have ever been was some years back, we were ice-fishing on Lake of the Woods (US & Canadian Border). The outside temp was 42 degrees below zero, and the wind chill was close to 100 below.
    We had to pull the batteries out of our trucks and warm them in the fish-house. We were about 9 miles out on the lake and we were affraid we were going to have to hike back for help :shock: (before cell-phones became popular) we finally were able to start a truck and were able to jump the other 2 (fishing was so so). :?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast