Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: We no longer have property rights.

"mnjamie" wrote:
    F*#K BUSH and his Republican Monkeys !!!!

-- Republicans introduce a "softer" version of Pres. Bush's social security privatization reform yesterday
    -- Light sweet crude oil back to $60 / barrel again today (all time high)
    -- Supreme Court saying I dont own what I sweat daily to pay for
    -- WAR IN IRAQ STILL HAS NO END IN SIGHT !!! Contributing to $430+ Billion (yes, that is a "B" at the beginning) in national debt
    -- Nation wide home prices at all time high (but still the gov't can now low ball ya if they want and steal your dream home right from under you all in the name of progress)
    -- Unrelated note, Congress and Bush pass laws making it almost impossible for people who need to, to file for bankruptcy. They now first have to go through consumer credit agencies (big business) for @ the min. of 6 monthes and still no guarantee will be allowed to file.

** Seriously people, when does this junk end ???? **

I dont know about everyone else, but my last wage increases have not even come CLOSE to matching all the additional expenses that have come up in the past year or so. If it's not gas prices, homeowners insurance (extremely high for us FL residents, lucky hurricane lovers that we are), car insurance, etc. etc..

Something has to give here soon and sorry to say, it's not going to be pretty. We now in the last couple monthes begin to hear how jobless claims (unemployment) is slowing and ever more jobs are available. Yet, people seem poorer then ever and have less discretionary income.

Can't wait till the next pres. election ... Anyone know how many days till then ????
    O' fricken brother!

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

"mnjamie" wrote:

-- Republicans introduce a "softer" version of Pres. Bush's social security privatization reform yesterday
    -- WAR IN IRAQ STILL HAS NO END IN SIGHT !!! Contributing to $430+ Billion (yes, that is a "B" at the beginning) in national debt
    -- Nation wide home prices at all time high (but still the gov't can now low ball ya if they want and steal your dream home right from under you all in the name of progress)
    -- Unrelated note, Congress and Bush pass laws making it almost impossible for people who need to, to file for bankruptcy. They now first have to go through consumer credit agencies (big business) for @ the min. of 6 monthes and still no guarantee will be allowed to file.

I dont know about everyone else, but my last wage increases have not even come CLOSE to matching all the additional expenses that have come up in the past year or so. If it's not gas prices, homeowners insurance (extremely high for us FL residents, lucky hurricane lovers that we are), car insurance, etc. etc..

Something has to give here soon and sorry to say, it's not going to be pretty. We now in the last couple monthes begin to hear how jobless claims (unemployment) is slowing and ever more jobs are available. Yet, people seem poorer then ever and have less discretionary income.

Can't wait till the next pres. election ... Anyone know how many days till then ????
    I am not sure of the rules regarding government buy outs for homes that are in the way of corporate gain here in Canada, but I have read before that the gov't will compensate above and beyond the market value(in Winnipeg). They do this to alleviate the stress of such a predicament.

As far as your President goes, we up here in Canada are maybe a bit scared of the power afforded to this man G.W. Bush. I am not bashing Republicans or anything, it is more of concern for this particular President, as he seems to be hanging from strings with a hand up his a$$ controlling his mouth.

I am truly sorry if I offended any of Bush's supporters on this thread however my opinion of Bush is unwaivering, he is a moron. The same can be said for the powers that be here in canada right now as well.

Sorry for the rant, but the man scares the hell out of me!

Cheers!!

vikingdude82 is offline Pro-Bowler

"mnjamie" wrote:

I'm with ya bro, 101%

vikingdude82 is offline Pro-Bowler

"mnjamie" wrote:

I'm with ya bro, a little less than 4 years, unless hes assinated then chaney is the president.

this is getting rediculous . how do such laws get passed ? were they voted on by the people? were they voted on by elected officials ? or were they voted on by appointed officials?

to those that don't see the point here , appointed officals are people of power that are not voted into office but appointed to their seat to carry out the wishes of those who got them their seat.

where is the government taking us?

to those that say "they can but chances are they won't " are in denial . if they wouldn't do these things then why put them into law?

this motion along with the patriot act are just glimpses into the loop holes the governmet has installed for themselves to violate rights.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

This is just plain wrong and completely un-american. I saw it on the news and went berserk (vikings fans dont go nuts we go berserk).

and how can current market prices be put on 4th or 5th generation homes? how can they put a price on the home you raised your child in ?

how can any one say i want what you have this is what i am paying and oh well if you don't like it!!

why does this only to residents ? why not big bussiness? that's right , because it's big bussiness lining the pockets of the politicians , who then appoint judges to vote on laws for these big bussinesses .

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

I am a Republican and know they are getting bashed here. But what did Bush really have to do with this?

I do not agree with the court's ruling. It sickens me that a private company can now take your property away.

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

this really has nothing to do with the president in power. He didn't have any say in who is sitting on the supreme court justice. I guess it's just that someone saw an opportunity to vent.

To clarify, the local government takes the property and then may re-sell it to a private interest when it supposedly will benefit the public good. property does not just change hands from private owner to private owner.This law has been on the books in weaker form since ~1924.

Can it be abused? sure. Any law can. Will it be? hard to say, in some places, where the citizens have become lethargic and dont care what their local governments do, it's more likely than in other places where people care and act like they care.

I'm not making any judgement on this. I'm post-berserk. It is now law and there's a lot more productive things one can do to make sure it's doesn't affect you adversly than accusing people of being in denial or flaming a political party whose policies you dont agree with.

Plus, this cuts both ways. A local government could take a Walmart store+parking lot and turn it into a Ford plant or into a golf course + condominiums.

If you're worried about your private property rights in your area, join the ACLU and raise hell.

Or just buy property and build a home on a capped-up toxic waste dump site,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast