Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

We Made the Playoffs

The youth football team that I am one of the coaches for made our leagues' playoffs.
    We had a tremendous season this year.

We won our leagues' tournament to start the year and did not even give up a score.
    Then we went 7-0 during the regular season outscoring our opponents 188-13!
    The 13 points was given-up by our Offense as the result of an interception ran back and a fumble ran back.
    I coach the Defense and the WR's.
    More specifically on Defense I work with the DB's.

We had 5 shoutouts, 4 teams never even got a first down, and we were the subject of much controversy because we pound the crap out of teams!

Our first playoff game is the weekend vs. a team from our city that we already beat this year.
    After that we play in a semi final and then the championship.
    It's been such an awesome year!

Our site maintained by me:
    http://eteamz.active.com/MBYFOOTBALL/index.cfm?league=1776322&subsite=3402170

Here is our team photo from the tournament we won.
    I am the dildo on the far left that forgot to remove my sunglasses from my hat.

[img width=450 height=337]http://eteamz.active.com/MBYFOOTBALL/images/KKC1.jpg[/img]

My son is #36 standing on the far right.
    He plays RB, WR, MLB, and SS.
    He had 6 TD's in 7 games for us.
    The DB's I coach are lock-down players.
    Only a few passes were caught and they were either screens or a short pass for a few.
    Any other passes that players attempted to catch that player was walloped hard!

Man, I love football.
    Coaching youth football has really intensified my love for tha game and has given it a new perspective.
    If any of you dads or future dads ever get the chance....coach!
    Most leagues need coaches so just volunteer to help out or even coach your son (or daughters) team.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: We Made the Playoffs

Congratz on their success, and hopefully they win it all

13 points?
    That's awfull

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    The youth football team that I am one of the coaches for made our leagues' playoffs.
    We had a tremendous season this year.

We won our leagues' tournament to start the year and did not even give up a score.
    Then we went 7-0 during the regular season outscoring our opponents 188-13!
    The 13 points was given-up by our Offense as the result of an interception ran back and a fumble ran back.
    I coach the Defense and the WR's.
    More specifically on Defense I work with the DB's.

We had 5 shoutouts, 4 teams never even got a first down, and we were the subject of much controversy because we pound the crap out of teams!

Our first playoff game is the weekend vs. a team from our city that we already beat this year.
    After that we play in a semi final and then the championship.
    It's been such an awesome year!

Our site maintained by me:
    http://eteamz.active.com/MBYFOOTBALL/index.cfm?league=1776322&subsite=3402170

Here is our team photo from the tournament we won.
    I am the dildo on the far left that forgot to remove my sunglasses from my hat.

[img width=450 height=337]http://eteamz.active.com/MBYFOOTBALL/images/KKC1.jpg[/img]

My son is #36 standing on the far right.
    He plays RB, WR, MLB, and SS.
    He had 6 TD's in 7 games for us.
    The DB's I coach are lock-down players.
    Only a few passes were caught and they were either screens or a short pass for a few.
    Any other passes that players attempted to catch that player was walloped hard!

Man, I love football.
    Coaching youth football has really intensified my love for tha game and has given it a new perspective.
    If any of you dads or future dads ever get the chance....coach!
    Most leagues need coaches so just volunteer to help out or even coach your son (or daughters) team.
    That is so great Ultra, sounds like you and your team are having a season of a lifetime, good work.

But one question, do they call you coach dildo ;D

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Congrats to ya Ultra and Ultra Jr.! Good job.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I am very blessed that Ultra Jr. has learned that in order to be the best, you have to train like the best.
    The best thing is that he wants to, and that is not very common for young boys.

We lift weights (smartly), we go to this hill (it's huge) and he sprints up it 10 times (I can only do it once), then he runs a mile and a half.
    All this has really paid off.
    In the JV part of our league (4th and 5th graders) he is the fastest player hands down.
    His endurance is incredible.
    If he did not love football so much he would be a great cross country runner.

The next stage is the mental game; we have been working at that.
    I tell him that nice people do not play football and it's kill or be killed.
    So, we try to get him to really focus on intensity.
    Also, never get beat twice.
    Sure, somebody may level you once but not the second time.

I really want him to appreciate the history of the sport and that it's all not Tomlinson, Manning, and Brady.
    He is very knowledgable about the history for an 11 year old; especially about the Vikings.

Our goal is for him to play college ball.
    Of course he wants to play pro, but we try to keep it a little more realistic.
    I just need him to hit his growth spurt.
    He only weighs 84 pounds, but is ripped and lean.

I have always preached to my players:

What the mind believes the body can do

and that football is 80% mental.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I am very blessed that Ultra Jr. has learned that in order to be the best, you have to train like the best.
    The best thing is that he wants to, and that is not very common for young boys.

We lift weights (smartly), we go to this hill (it's huge) and he sprints up it 10 times (I can only do it once), then he runs a mile and a half.
    All this has really paid off.
    In the JV part of our league (4th and 5th graders) he is the fastest player hands down.
    His endurance is incredible.
    If he did not love football so much he would be a great cross country runner.

The next stage is the mental game; we have been working at that.
    I tell him that nice people do not play football and it's kill or be killed.
    So, we try to get him to really focus on intensity.
    Also, never get beat twice.
    Sure, somebody may level you once but not the second time.

I really want him to appreciate the history of the sport and that it's all not Tomlinson, Manning, and Brady.
    He is very knowledgable about the history for an 11 year old; especially about the Vikings.

Our goal is for him to play college ball.
    Of course he wants to play pro, but we try to keep it a little more realistic.
    I just need him to hit his growth spurt.
    He only weighs 84 pounds, but is ripped and lean.

I have always preached to my players:

What the mind believes the body can do

and that football is 80% mental.
    What age are kids able to start lifting weights? I see ultra jr. is 11, and my son will be 11 in Feb. But the gym I'm a member at won't let him be in there until he's 12.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Congratulations Ultra not only on the success of your team, but on your involvement with your son's love for playing football.

It is something special when a father & son can both be involved with & share in a common love or goal that they have for a sport, hobby or activity.

It bonds them & brings them much closer together. It also produces great memmories that will last for an eternity.

It's not always easy for me to be able to put down my thoughts into words, but I'm sure you feel & know what I'm talking about.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Congrats guys sounds like a great season, Ultra, you will always cherish this time you've spent with your son. It sounds like you guys have a great relationship, that will continue to grow. It's always rewarding to have a shared experience with your young one's.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Congrats Ultra, sound like you're having a great time and teaching the young'uns some general principles.
    Wow, your team was dominant. There probably aren't any 'Fire Ultra' chants going through the neighborhood.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

after the age of 18.. i've moved away from my parents.. (well was only living with my dad from 15-18)

and for the last 9.5 years i've been in Greece i've seen them 5-6 times.
    I do speak every weekend with my dad, maybe 1x a month with mom,bro,sis but I always call my dad on ViKeS games.. and i'm always calling him when i get a chance to play hockey, or watch it.

i really do think it's from the time he spent with me in the back yard from age 2-4.. he was teaching me to walk by putting skates on my feet and a chair for me to lean on.. all ontop of the craziest backyard rink u ever saw. (Duluth is able to support a rink for what 6 months?)
    when i was old enouf to use a stick, and start hockey.. he was there for every practice.. and he would stay after with a few of the fathers and flood the rinks. during this time i would sit on the other rink and practice shooting. snap/slap shots. he would come over and help me here, or help me there.

In games he would come over inbetween periods and give me pointers.. like.. this guy is always using the boards.. or he goes to the left on his deekout. it was from him always pushing me to do better, and always there with me in the learning that kept me playing.. even to the point that he put a flood light in the back yard so i could stay out when i was 8-12 yrs old after the sun went down and practice shooting, stickhandeling.. or just goof with a puck.

I remember us going ice fishing.. and he would always say bring yer skates.. he'd have me skate 20-30 min around the lake and then i'd get to sit and fish till i got one.. then skate again.

He has helped me a lot, and it was in my life some of the best memories.. that and when he got to see me play college hockey.. and i got my first college hattrick against Iowa City.. i heard him yell so loud seemed like he was the oonly one there.

gratz ultra on yer work with yer son and his team.. these moment will live with him forever!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast