Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: WE GOT HIM

jack44 is offline Waterboy

Re: WE GOT HIM

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    You know how the media prior to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi being killed yesterday were like
    "Why can't we get this guy!"
    "We are right there!"
    "He is running around right underneath the noses of our best troops!" "Rumsfeld should be fired!"
    "The President of the free world can't catch a thug, let alone defeat the terrorists!"

Watch the media in their writings now
    "It's not enough!"
    "No real progress has been made!"
    "We have only embolden them to fight harder!"
    "Now the insurgents have a martyr!"
    "Bush had nothing to do with getting Abu Musab al-Zarqawi! The troops did it. The very troops we support and have always supported here at the paper during this unjust war"

Just watch.
    Actually, there will be only ONE headline worldwide

"When is 6-KINGS gonna get his head out of his butt and quit blindly supporting Dumya regardless of what he does?" razz

Truth be told...the troops are the ONLY group that deserves our undivided support...and NEITHER political party deserves ANY of the credit that rightfully belongs to our TRUE heroes...the US Soldiers!
    I must disagree with you cajunvike, though you may not believe it - not everyone who supports W does so "blindly", we look at the world around us and make up our minds for ourselves. Furthermore, the democratic leadership in this country would love nothing more than to see our troops fail in Iraq just so W looks bad - its pathetic. I don't mean to be bitterly partisan but I agree with 6 Kings 100% - mark his words - the media reporting will be just as he predicted.

VikingKen is offline Starter

"ViKing24" wrote:
    I hope all this great things can finally shut some of these jiggly butts up now. God Bless the soldiers there.
    So if somebody is not pro Iraq war they are a tree hugger and a jiggly butt?

The Iraq invasion created Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and hundreds more like him. The religious zealot ideology that produced 911 has grown not diminished. "Zarqawi's death will not end the violence in Iraq." -- U.S. Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad. Smoke and mirrors people.

FYI: I cut down two 60 ft trees in my yard last weekend because they were blocking the view for my DirectTV dish.

A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order. -- Bud Grant

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"jack44" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    You know how the media prior to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi being killed yesterday were like
    "We are right there!"
    "He is running around right underneath the noses of our best troops!" "Rumsfeld should be fired!"
    "The President of the free world can't catch a thug, let alone defeat the terrorists!"

"It's not enough!"
    "Bush had nothing to do with getting Abu Musab al-Zarqawi! The troops did it. The very troops we support and have always supported here at the paper during this unjust war"

Just watch.

"When is 6-KINGS gonna get his head out of his butt and quit blindly supporting Dumya regardless of what he does?" razz

Truth be told...the troops are the ONLY group that deserves our undivided support...and NEITHER political party deserves ANY of the credit that rightfully belongs to our TRUE heroes...the US Soldiers!
    I must disagree with you cajunvike, though you may not believe it - not everyone who supports W does so "blindly", we look at the world around us and make up our minds for ourselves. Furthermore, the democratic leadership in this country would love nothing more than to see our troops fail in Iraq just so W looks bad - its pathetic. I don't mean to be bitterly partisan but I agree with 6 Kings 100% - mark his words - the media reporting will be just as he predicted.
    Never said that they all DID...besides it's a private joke between 6-KINGS and me...an ongoing battle if you will...heated but jovial at the same time.

I have to disagree with your characterization of the Dems...you are hypocritically lumping all Dems together, just after you criticized me for what you thought was my lumping of all Dumya supporters together.

My biggest criticism of some of Dumya's supporters is directed towards the so-called religious right...they mainly support Dumya on his policies regarding moral issues while seemingly ignoring the fact that his economic policies continually work against their own economic interests. But I guess that they would rather be poor and righteous than successful and tolerant.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

boognish is offline Coordinator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "jack44" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    "We are right there!"

"It's not enough!"

Just watch.

Never said that they all DID...besides it's a private joke between 6-KINGS and me...an ongoing battle if you will...heated but jovial at the same time.

I have to disagree with your characterization of the Dems...you are hypocritically lumping all Dems together, just after you criticized me for what you thought was my lumping of all Dumya supporters together.

My biggest criticism of some of Dumya's supporters is directed towards the so-called religious right...they mainly support Dumya on his policies regarding moral issues while seemingly ignoring the fact that his economic policies continually work against their own economic interests. But I guess that they would rather be poor and righteous than successful and tolerant.
    Flag Burning and Other Dubious Epidemics
    by Molly Ivins

Thank goodness the Republicans are around to tell me what to worry about. The flag-burning crisis—here in Austin, there’s that pall of smoke rising from the west every morning (it’s from an area called Tarrytown, where they burn hundreds of flags daily).

You didn’t know hundreds of flags were being burned daily? Actually, you can count on your hand the number of incidents reported over the last five years. For instance, there was one flag burned in 2005 by a drunken teenager and one by a protester in California in 2002. This appalling record of ravishment must be stopped. You’re clearly not worried about what matters.

Gay marriage, now there’s a crisis. Well, OK, so there isn’t much gay marriage going on here in Texas. None, in fact. First, we made it illegal. Then, we made it unconstitutional. But President Bush is all concerned about it, so I guess we have to alter the U.S. Constitution.

Gus and Captain Call (of “Lonesome Dove” fame) will be an item—with who knows who waiting in line right after them.

Also of great concern to Republicans is God Almighty, who, rather to my surprise, has been elected chairman of the Texas Republican Party. That’s what they announced at the biannual convention in Fort Worth this week: “He is the chairman of the party.” Sheesh, the Democrats couldn’t even get Superman.

Also weighing down the nation with a heavy burden is the estate tax, which the Senate will try to repeal this week. The estate tax applies to around 1% of Americans, and I have yet to find any record of it costing anyone a family farm or business. It affects only very, very, very rich people, of whom you are probably not one. And they don’t, actually, need another tax break.

These are the things we are supposed to be worrying about, and you notice that it frees us of quite a few troubles we might otherwise fret about.

The war in Iraq? No sweat.

War with Iran? We’re carefree.

The economy? Hey, did you see that employment report? Well, ignore it.

Budget out of control, shipwreck ahead? Never mind—Bush doesn’t. Worst class divisions since the Gilded Age, rich so much more enormously richer than everybody else, country starting to get creepy? Don’t worry, be happy. Torture, massacre, extraordinary rendition, hidden gulag of prisons in foreign countries, Guantanamo and massive violations of international law, American law and the Constitution? Well, you can see why gay marriage is a far greater menace.

Wipe out for the environment; hundreds of regulations and laws changed to favor those who exploit and damage natural resources; all so common no one is keeping track of them all? Let her rip.

Global warming? In the first place, it’s Al Gore’s issue. In the second place, it’s a downer. In the third place, who cares if it’s too late in a few years?

Homeland security/war on terror? With the highly excellent disposition of anti-terror funds once more judiciously applied by the Department of Homeland Security, we truly have nothing to worry about. We’re ready to stop terrorist attacks in Wyoming, and there are no important cultural sites in New York City, so let’s rock.

Oil crisis? Ha! What oil crisis? You want a $100 rebate you can then give the oil companies? Hey, we’re going to drill in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, and that should see us through ... oh, about nine months.

Windfall profits? You think the oil companies are ripping us off for windfall profits? Who? ExxonMobil? Why, they would never!

I believe what we have here is a difference over moral values.

The Republicans are worried about the flag, gay marriage and the terrible burden of the estate tax on the rich. The rest of us are obviously unnecessarily worried about war, peace, the economy, the environment and civilization. Another reason to vote Republican—they have a shorter list.
    I am a dipshit!!!

jack44 is offline Waterboy

I said the "democratic leadership", not all democrats.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

God Bless America, knock off OSAMA!!!!!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Okay, this thread is starting to turn a bit too political, so per site rules, it's time to get the key.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

**sigh**

A great victory for the US and spoiled at PP.O.

Go figure.

Good call Josdin.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

this certainly was tame....good to catch it before the inevitable spiral to mudslinging or tar and feathering members. Politics are just too incendiary.

The event is not spoiled per se, everyone has a right to an opinion, is correct in their opinion from their paradigm, but the open debate of opinions too frequently devolves into madness.

I love America and the right to speak your mind. We all love what we are, and our PP.O members from other countries most likely love their country's objectives. There is no universal truth in any of this.

Enjoy the fact that many fewer mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters may die. That is your point to rejoice. Life.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456