Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: We Are All Witnesses: DETROIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"bono" wrote:
    My dearest Ultra,
    I AM a Bucks' fan, but their season is done. I'm definately a Pistons fan. Have been for some years now.
    True, when they were playing my Bucks in the 1st round, I cheered for the purple and and green. Why wouldn't I? I'ts just like the Packers and Colts. I'm a diehard packer backer, and a swell Colts' fan. But, when they have their "get togethers," I'm all green and gold. I'm sure it's the same with you, eh? A T'wolves' fan, but has a favorite team right now in the playoffs.
    And as far as LeBron doing more in his first 3 seasons in the league than anyone else: most of the "more" has been individual accomplishments. Only after this season, with the additions of Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, etc, has the "king" actually made the post-season. We are all witnesses, eh? Ha! Of what? A king unable to lead his men to victory?
    :roll:

Wow, you are truly a clueless person and I feel sorry for you. You have no idea about basketball, that's fine. Just don't act like it bandwagon guy.

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Webby?
    How ya doin', lad?!
    To respond to your question: I CARE!!!!! With the exception of the game 3 pistons loss in the series, the next two losses were NOT at the hands of 'Bron and his little knights, but off the poor execution of the mighty, mighty Pistons. They lost by what, two points games 4 and 5? A few free throw completions here (B. Wallace, specifically in game 5); a few non-turn overs there; better ball movement over there; and a few extra rebounds (both offensively and defensively) over yonder, and the pistions win the series 4-1.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Individual achievements?

What else should he have done in his first 3 years that is not individual? The only thing that is not is leading his team to a championship. Don't you think by having accomplished this much by the age of 21 is good for his team? :roll:

Additions of Damon Jones? Now, you have showed what little you know. Damon is a flop!!! He is a bust...big time! What a fricken joke that you even mention him! He barely played against the Wizards!

I watch this team a lot and its hard not too living here.

Please bring an ounce of intelligence to the table bono...lad!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"bono" wrote:
    Webby?
    How ya doin', lad?!
    To respond to your question: I CARE!!!!! With the exception of the game 3 pistons loss in the series, the next two losses were NOT at the hands of 'Bron and his little knights, but off the poor execution of the mighty, mighty Pistons. They lost by what, two points games 4 and 5? A few free throw completions here (B. Wallace, specifically in game 5); a few non-turn overs there; better ball movement over there; and a few extra rebounds (both offensively and defensively) over yonder, and the pistions win the series 4-1.
    Again, who cares??

Blah blah blah. I am certain there is some Pistons site out there just waiting for your jubilant insight.

"Webby" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    Webby?
    How ya doin', lad?!
    Again, who cares??

Blah blah blah. I am certain there is some Pistons site out there just waiting for your jubilant insight.
    **and off bono scampers**

You got

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Ultra,
    It was "playoffs" Jones who won game six for the cavs in the 1st round against the Wizards.
    individual achievments: what cha mean by "what else should he have done?" How about some TEAM freakin' WORK!!! Ya know, the stuff that gets ya to the big show, and eventually winning the big show? All 'Bron's individual achievments will get him are a few extra mills in his pocket, some more than needed primetime exposure on TNT/ABC, etc, name amongst some top INDIVIDUAL record breakers, a lock for the hall of fame, and NO Championship ring. Besides, what good is a king w/o some bling bling?
    DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOITTTT TT!!!!!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

nope he is back already lol

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

lebron will be the next jordan as soon as he get the same type of supporting cast jordan had. lebron will be as good if not better then jordan in these next years just wait and see he will be the next great one
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

vikings6490 is offline Starter

"bono" wrote:
    Ultra,
    It was "playoffs" Jones who won game six for the cavs in the 1st round against the Wizards.
    individual achievments: what cha mean by "what else should he have done?" How about some TEAM freakin' WORK!!! Ya know, the stuff that gets ya to the big show, and eventually winning the big show? All 'Bron's individual achievments will get him are a few extra mills in his pocket, some more than needed primetime exposure on TNT/ABC, etc, name amongst some top INDIVIDUAL record breakers, a lock for the hall of fame, and NO Championship ring. Besides, what good is a king w/o some bling bling?
    DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOITTTT TT!!!!!
    i don't get why your so excited, it took you 7 games to beat one player, miami is going to wipe the floor with you
    Thanks MF

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    My dearest Ultra,
    I AM a Bucks' fan, but their season is done. I'm definately a Pistons fan. Have been for some years now.
    True, when they were playing my Bucks in the 1st round, I cheered for the purple and and green. Why wouldn't I? I'ts just like the Packers and Colts. I'm a diehard packer backer, and a swell Colts' fan. But, when they have their "get togethers," I'm all green and gold. I'm sure it's the same with you, eh? A T'wolves' fan, but has a favorite team right now in the playoffs.
    And as far as LeBron doing more in his first 3 seasons in the league than anyone else: most of the "more" has been individual accomplishments. Only after this season, with the additions of Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, etc, has the "king" actually made the post-season. We are all witnesses, eh? Ha! Of what? A king unable to lead his men to victory?
    And Jordan never won in the playoffs until he picked up Scottie Pippen and other role players. You're right...one man CAN'T win the whole thing. Bird had McHale and Parrish, Magic had Kareem and James Worthy, Jordan had Pippen and Rodman, Isiah Thomas had Laimbeer and more recently Kobe had Shaq (or vice versa). One player RARELY if ever carries his whole team to the championship.

"bono" wrote:
    Ltrey,
    there reason why i feel that the jordan comparions are dead wrong, is because it was a different error when Jordan played. Players in the NBA at that time -in my opinion- had more defensive glitter to them than MANY of the players of today. Today's players are more offensive minded, as oppose to the players in Jordan's error who had offense and defense. The style of play was different back then, for the most part.
    With the lack of defense this players of today have (with the exception of a few: b. wallace, t. duncan, k. garnett, and a few others), I'm suprise more guys aren't lighten' it up the way 'Bron and a few other "I"s are.
    Well...I assume you mean "era". :lol:

As far as defense goes, the scoring average now is actually lower than it was back in the Bird, Magic, Jordan era.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast