Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

We Are All Witnesses: DETROIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited that the Detroit Pistons finally put the "King" and all of his men to rest!!!!!! I do not like "King" LeBron James. I do not like him on the court. I do not like him neither here or there. I do not like the guy pretty much ANYWHERE!!! Oh my goodness, I'm so relieved to know that the analysts/commentators, etc will have no other choice but to stop with all of their butt-kissings of LeBron. Did any of you check out the Cavs in this series and the first round series against the Wizards? It was all LeBron James or nothing. There where continual James/Jordan comparisons (as though there is/was anything to compare). So, in a game 3 win, LeBron has a triple double. In game 4, he's dunking all over the place. Wow! What guy his size CAN'T do that with just the slightest of effort? So on, so forth.

Yikes! I will admit, it was scary watching LeBron and his sidekicks go on a 3-game winning streak. But, as is the case with all TRUE champions, the Pistons overcame their own flaws and lackluster performances during their 3-game losing streak, and advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals!!!!!!!!!!
    Next up: Miami Heat.
    Prediction: Pistons def. Heat in six
    NBA Finals' prediction: Pistons def. the Suns in 5.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: We Are All Witnesses: DETROIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate the Pistons and I like Lebron. To bad he couldn't have beat the Pistons but he and his team are still young and will have many more opportunities in the playoffs.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

We are all witnesses? :scratch:

I didn't see a damn thing & I don't care.

There's no me in we.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I thought you were a Bucks fan (the team that made the playoffs with a pathetic sub .500 record).

I guess the Pistons bandwagon has a new member.

Lebron has done more in his first 3 years than anybody else.

Corey,
    When you wrote that it was too bad that LEBRON counldn't beat the Pistons, that's the key right there. LEBRON. I don't care how good an individual player is, when it comes down to crucial games like this, against a veteran/matured/wiser/more powerful TEAM like the Pistons, no ONE GUY is going to be able to beat them. It's going to take an entire TEAM to eliminate a VERY GOOD TEAM.
    Wow! I'm so very glad the LeBron James saga for this season has ended...and in dramatic anti-LeBron-fans fashion!!!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Why don't you like Lebron? He seems like a good guy and he's a hell of a basketball player.

At 21 years old, I think the early comparisons to Jordan are warranted. I mean, the only other guys to average 20 pts., 5 rebs and 5 assists in their rookie year were Oscar Robertson and MICHAEL JORDAN and then he joined Oscar Robertson, Jerry West and MICHAEL JORDAN this year as the only players to average 30 pts., 7 rebs and 6 assists in a season.

He's accomplished just as much as Jordan did in his first three years as Jordan did in his first three. Jordan did it from age 21-23, Lebron has done it from age 19-21, which makes what Lebron has done even more impressive.

I don't belive that Lebron is BETTER than Jordan was at this point in his career, but there are comparisons to be made.

It's also kind of funny to hear a Packer fan talk about the media groveling to a team or a player. I'll tell ya what though, that Lebron James is no Brett Favre. :lol:

My dearest Ultra,
    I AM a Bucks' fan, but their season is done. I'm definately a Pistons fan. Have been for some years now.
    True, when they were playing my Bucks in the 1st round, I cheered for the purple and and green. Why wouldn't I? I'ts just like the Packers and Colts. I'm a diehard packer backer, and a swell Colts' fan. But, when they have their "get togethers," I'm all green and gold. I'm sure it's the same with you, eh? A T'wolves' fan, but has a favorite team right now in the playoffs.
    And as far as LeBron doing more in his first 3 seasons in the league than anyone else: most of the "more" has been individual accomplishments. Only after this season, with the additions of Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, etc, has the "king" actually made the post-season. We are all witnesses, eh? Ha! Of what? A king unable to lead his men to victory?

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

It took the Pistons seven games to beat the Cavaliers, when everyone was predicting sweep. If I were a Detroit fan I wouldn't be excited, I would be worried.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

who cares?

Ltrey,
    there reason why i feel that the jordan comparions are dead wrong, is because it was a different error when Jordan played. Players in the NBA at that time -in my opinion- had more defensive glitter to them than MANY of the players of today. Today's players are more offensive minded, as oppose to the players in Jordan's error who had offense and defense. The style of play was different back then, for the most part.
    With the lack of defense this players of today have (with the exception of a few: b. wallace, t. duncan, k. garnett, and a few others), I'm suprise more guys aren't lighten' it up the way 'Bron and a few other "I"s are.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast