Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Ways to spend your "rebate" check?

The checks (for those that payed taxes) are coming out in May. $1200.00 per joint filing couples, $600.00 per individual and $300.00 per kid (I believe) I am looking at $1800.00 bucks. Going to go out and Do the RV trip to Utah. also, will put a little towards next home game against the pack. Also, do you guys realize that that money will come out of 2008's tax returns?
    Tuco the world.....

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Ways to spend your "rebate" check?

Yes, I do. It's a shame. The "Economic Stimulus Package" is just a temporary fix, you have to "pay the money back" on next year's return...

Once again... thanks to our national government.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    The checks (for those that payed taxes) are coming out in May. $1200.00 per joint filing couples, $600.00 per individual and $300.00 per kid (I believe) I am looking at $1800.00 bucks. Going to go out and Do the RV trip to Utah. also, will put a little towards next home game against the pack. Also, do you guys realize that that money will come out of 2008's tax returns?
    WHAT!?
    I didn't realize we had to essientially pay the money back!
    I don't even want the stupid check if I have to pay it back.
    I have enough loans.
    My tax return is like my government ran savings account, I want that check at the end of the year, when I need it most.
    Not now, just months after I received my 2007 rebate.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    Going to go out and Do the RV trip to Utah. also,
    Enjoy your trip through Utah...Definitely one of the most scenic states in the country.
    I could spend weeks traveling/hiking through southern Utah without getting bored.

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    Going to go out and Do the RV trip to Utah. also,
    Enjoy your trip through Utah...Definitely one of the most scenic states in the country.
    I could spend weeks traveling/hiking through southern Utah without getting bored.
    This is in the N.E. corner, near Dinosaur National Monument.
    [img width=450 height=337]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj190/jereamiahbrooks/IMG_0331.jpg[/img]
    Tuco the world.....

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    WHAT!?
    I have enough loans.
    My tax return is like my government ran savings account, I want that check at the end of the year, when I need it most.
    You will not have to pay back the refund on your 08 taxes. If you didn't get the refund and were supposed to you may be able to claim it on your 08 taxes.
    It won't even be taxable on your return.
    Also if anyone knows any older people who don't normally file a return because they are not required to(low income or only Social Security) they will need to file in order to get the refund(usually if they have no tax they will get a reduced amount of $300).
    Get more info at www.irs.gov

My refund is going to pay for my 2008 vikings season tickets. ;D

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    WHAT!?
    I have enough loans.
    You will not have to pay back the refund on your 08 taxes. If you didn't get the refund and were supposed to you may be able to claim it on your 08 taxes.
    Also if anyone knows any older people who don't normally file a return because they are not required to(low income or only Social Security) they will need to file in order to get the refund(usually if they have no tax they will get a reduced amount of $300).

Remember a few years back? Same thing, a"rebate" check. Sure enough, the next year, that money was deducted from my return sure as sh*t. Season tickets? Cool.
    Tuco the world.....

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    WHAT!?
    I have enough loans.

Remember a few years back? Same thing, a"rebate" check. Sure enough, the next year, that money was deducted from my return sure as sh*t. Season tickets? Cool.
    Last time it was a increase in the amount of the child tax credit. I believe it went from $600 to $1000. In that year it was essentially an advance for the following years child tax credit. Only people with qualifying children(under 17) recieved checks. So the following year you only got a $600 credit for each child, the same as the previous year but that credit was permanent so every year after that you got $1000.00 credit on your tax return. This years is different, it is currently set as a one time payment(although some would like to make it permanent). It is not expanding on any current credit, it is completely new.

So individually you will not have to pay it back, as a nation we will eventually have to pay it back, to china(who we barrow most our deficit spending from). When you think about it who's economy are they really trying to help, the goverment is borrowing money from China so they can give it to us so we can go to Wal-mart and buy a bunch of crap that was made in China.

Seriously though as a taxpreparer I have never seen so many people upset about getting a check. It is crazy.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    WHAT!?
    I have enough loans.

Last time it was a increase in the amount of the child tax credit. I believe it went from $600 to $1000. In that year it was essentially an advance for the following years child tax credit. Only people with qualifying children(under 17) recieved checks. So the following year you only got a $600 credit for each child, the same as the previous year but that credit was permanent so every year after that you got $1000.00 credit on your tax return. This years is different, it is currently set as a one time payment(although some would like to make it permanent). It is not expanding on any current credit, it is completely new.

So individually you will not have to pay it back, as a nation we will eventually have to pay it back, to china(who we barrow most our deficit spending from). When you think about it who's economy are they really trying to help, the goverment is borrowing money from China so they can give it to us so we can go to Wal-mart and buy a bunch of crap that was made in China.

Seriously though as a taxpreparer I have never seen so many people upset about getting a check. It is crazy.
    Nicely researched!Thanks for the info. I most definantly feel better about it. Easy come, easy go I say ;D However, it's kinda hard to find and buy stuff that's NOT made in China, Peru, India etc...How about we all pool our money and buy a stadium? :P
    Tuco the world.....

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    [quote author=Jereamiah link=topic=43024.msg736480#msg736480 date=1204917462]
    WHAT!?
    I have enough loans.

Nicely researched!Thanks for the info. I most definantly feel better about it. Easy come, easy go I say ;D However, it's kinda hard to find and buy stuff that's NOT made in China, Peru, India etc...How about we all pool our money and buy a stadium? :P
    [/quote]
    Thanks, enjoy the trip to Utah it really is beutiful down there. You should check out Zion National park It covers alot of the southern utah and northern Arizona I believe.
    It sounds like you atleast won't be spending it on Chinese products, just middle eastern oil. ;D

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast