Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: The way the off season is going, these guys are next for us!

foniti and b.will are a loss.. but would it be better to hold onto players that wanted to go elsewere?

besides.. FA just started.. yeah there were names we let slip away.. but we also got 3 above average players..

as I see it, childress and the group are putting together a TEAM.. not star players.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

you people blow things so greatly out of proportion..its sad really..daunte asks out, we get everything we can for him, and then you all cry like peyton manning was supposed to come in return..we sign one of the leagues best kickers, and people are on here saying he blew his chances..we sign a guy who played behind a 2000 yard season back, and people bash him for not stealing the starting job..we sign a linebacker that was improperly used in a 3-4, and people also call him a complete bum..i suppose steve hutchinson is just another of the bums we will have right? you guys are single minded and always expect the vikings to pick up every high profile guy available..as far as i know, not alot of those high profile signings have turned into championships for anybody over the past 10 years
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Re: The way the off season is going, these guys are next for

hope you are right

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

"digital420" wrote:
    foniti and b.will are a loss.. but would it be better to hold onto players that wanted to go elsewere?

besides.. FA just started.. yeah there were names we let slip away.. but we also got 3 above average players..

as I see it, childress and the group are putting together a TEAM.. not star players.

DiGiTaL
    we brought in the best OL from new england today, hopefully we can have that problem solved very soon
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Why spend so much money on players that could give average results. Its all about Drafting good. Thats what the vikings are good at. Last year critics everywhere said Vikings had a good draft year. This year with that prick Culpepper gone for 2 round draft we are in that position again to have a good efficient draft. Just like the Oakland A's homegrown your players. Screw what the yankees and Raiders, teams that buy talent instead of making it. Dont get me wrong signing good players is good but Think of the Raiders they beefed up their defense last year and had a bad defensive unit. You have to sign the right players for the right reason. Taylor was perfect for our Running back needs. Not too sure about Leber Happy about Hutchinson Very freakin sad about Corey Chaveous leaving Dont care for Brian Williams, Jacksonville is seing something in him nobody is I guess. Damn I wrote a lot sorry guys lol peace
    Vikings mission to conquer other Land, Steeler Country, Raider Nation &...

"vikingsbenchwarmer" wrote:
    Why spend so much money on players that could give average results. Its all about Drafting good. Thats what the vikings are good at. Last year critics everywhere said Vikings had a good draft year. This year with that prick Culpepper gone for 2 round draft we are in that position again to have a good efficient draft. Just like the Oakland A's homegrown your players. Screw what the yankees and Raiders, teams that buy talent instead of making it. Dont get me wrong signing good players is good but Think of the Raiders they beefed up their defense last year and had a bad defensive unit. You have to sign the right players for the right reason. Taylor was perfect for our Running back needs. Not too sure about Leber Happy about Hutchinson Very freakin sad about Corey Chaveous leaving Dont care for Brian Williams, Jacksonville is seing something in him nobody is I guess. gol 'darnit I wrote a lot sorry guys lol peace
    you dont gotta limit the length of your posts dude, if you got more to say, then say it..that is what this site is for, stateing, and backing up your opinions..by all means type out a book if you need that much to get your point across..no need to apologize man lol

Re: The way the off season is going, these guys are next for

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    hope you are right
    well there arent any guarentees with that, i just thought about it for a bit and realized that these real high profile signings usually dont generate championships for teams..i really dont see the cardinals ever winning with edgerrin james on their team..besides, why sign a guy that doesnt even care enough to show up to a single offseason workout? all about the money, that is why he is in arizona

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"baumy300" wrote:

I mean why not?

Might as well sign them or trade Sharper, Moore, and the next 14 years worth 1st rounds picks for them.

I kind of wonder if the front office uses a magic 8-ball to decide on the decisions....
    Is that GB's replacements for Longwell, Henderson & Walker?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:

I mean why not?

Might as well sign them or trade Sharper, Moore, and the next 14 years worth 1st rounds picks for them.

I kind of wonder if the front office uses a magic 8-ball to decide on the decisions....
    Is that GB's replacements for Longwell, Henderson & Walker?
    I thought that was a pick of our very own "Ultra, kicking" "Wilf Holding" and "John Clayton, the tee head." :wink:

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12