Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Watching Bears Game Nearly Cost Chicago-Area Man $27,000

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Watching Bears Game Nearly Cost Chicago-Area Man $27,000

Anyway, I got home from our cruise, and about two weeks later I got my cell phone/wireless card bill, which is usually about $220, and it said I owe $28,067.31.

I called AT&T and told them there was either a mistake or fraud and to please take this off the bill. That's where the fun starts. They told me that the bill was correct and somehow I was charged international rates for Internet use, and the cost is 2 cents per kb. That came out to $27,788.93.

I explained that I was not at sea but in port and my cell phone was still working without roaming, and that I should have still been on my unlimited wireless card. I have since been in contact with five or six different people at AT&T, and the best they could do, even though I am not at fault, is to bring the bill down to $6,000.

I have confirmation from the cruise line that we were still in port and I provided that information to AT&T.
    Boy AT&T was really trying to screw them.
    As it turns out, the fault was AT&T's and they were able to get it reversed.

cruisefan wrote:
    What AT&T did not say is that an AT&T subsidiary, called WMS, provides roaming service on all Royal Carib vessels. WMS's system is not allowed to turn on until 12m beyond U.S. shores according to industry rules. It should not have been operating in the Port of Miami. A handset may show "roaming" on its screen, but a wireless data card may not. The fault here lies entirely with AT&T's WMS subsidiary.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

for those that don't travel often, metro pcs.

its not every where , but if your don't travel all that often than it doesn't matter , but they are also growing very rapidly.

i pay $100 month for 2 phones , unlimited minutes, unlimited internet. well pretty much every feature the phones offer is unlimited

but if your some business tycoon that travels all the time and has to have a blackberry this is not for you

wow after checking their website they have grown massively in the last couple of years , used to be only cali, atlanta and texas .

http://www.metropcs.com/coverage/

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

At&t IS FUCKED UP

Dont use it. I got charged almost 2 grand in texting in one month.. I had unlimited but they said I didn;'t

And I have to pay 275 bucks for part of a blackberry under warranty.. The warrantys are fucked up

AT&t has horrible plans as well

It's a bad company and I can't wait to be outta it

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Dang, that's a lot of money to pay to watch a crappy team like the bears! haha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!