cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Washington Trading Day

Wizards trade Kwame for Caron:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2107572

Nats acquire Preston Wilson:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2107378

What, no trades by the Redskins today???
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Re: Washington Trading Day

First at-bat for the Nats, Preston Wilson jacks one to give them a 1-0 lead in the second inning!!! Talk about instant dividends!!!

NeedToMove2Minnesota is offline Training Camp

I live near DC too dude. I'm in Silver Spring. I just saw the Orioles game right before the break and god was it sweet telling all those Boston fans to go home.

"NeedToMove2Minnesota" wrote:
    I live near DC too dude. I'm in Silver Spring. I just saw the Orioles game right before the break and god was it sweet telling all those Boston fans to go home.
    HAHA...that is great...I work with tons of Bahston fans...their smugness is overbearing...it was good to see them brought down a notch this past week...all those fans here who were scrambling to get tickets...only to see their team lose 3 of 4...LOL!

Silver Spring, huh? My stepson works at the Ford dealership just north of there...I also have a colleague who lives there and is currently acting in a play on the Silver Spring Stage.

iluvbigtds is offline Rookie

I cannot believe the Lakers are stupid enough to trade Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins for an underachieving head case who averaged as many points in the playoffs as I did. Maybe they wanted him to be a mentor to Bynum. Either way, this is going to be good watching.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I hope the lakers dont make that trade. I really like Caron and Chucky. If it was for a better guy, than maybe, but this guy doesnt seem that good.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"iluvbigtds" wrote:
    I cannot believe the Lakers are stupid enough to trade Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins for an underachieving head case who averaged as many points in the playoffs as I did. Maybe they wanted him to be a mentor to Bynum. Either way, this is going to be good watching.
    Gosh I bet they miss Jerry West by now. Kwame will be a career underachiever with the poor attitude he has.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    I hope the lakers dont make that trade. I really like Caron and Chucky. If it was for a better guy, than maybe, but this guy doesnt seem that good.

Caron was gonna be traded to somebody this offseason, for a PF. Odom is gonna move to SF, leaving no room for butler on the lakers. Butler is also on his cheap rookie contract still and is in the last year of his deal. He is also a pretty good player, so al of those are reasons he was definite trade bate this offseason. The lakers needed a PF, to take odom's spot and I guess kwame is that PF. Not the guy I wanted at all. They tried to get jamal mcglore, but failed. They tried to get boozer before the trade deadline last season and failed. I am not a fan of kwame, even though he does have a ton of talent. He has absolutewly horrible fumbling hands and is very very basketball dumb. I don't see how in the world he will possibly be able to run the triangle, when it is one of the toughest offenses in the NBA to learn.

I realize LA wanted to move odom to SF and needed a PF to take his spot, but I really don't see a better team with odom at SF and kwame at PF, instead of butler at SF and odom at PF.

This offseason for LA just baffles me. They get phil back, meaning they don't want to rebuild and want to win now. Then they draft a project highschooler who won't be developed until phil is gone and follow that up by bringing in another developmental guy in a trade, in kwame.

I saw an improved LA team, by the signing of phil, but now they seem to be going backwords as far as personell IMO.

Hopefully kwame can do what jermaine o'neal did when he left portland as a busted HS pick and blossumed in indy. I personally don't see it though.

I do hear they might be close to agreeing with PG antonio daniels, who I like way more then chucky atkins, so that would be one bright spot.