Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Washington in first place!!!

    Since I live near Washington, I have adopted the Nationals as my favorite National League team...and they are now in first place in the NL East (over the hated Marlins and Braves)!!!

    Go Nats!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #2
    akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,160

    Re: Washington in first place!!!

    How does a new team do so well? I like the Nationals as long as they aren't playing the Twins :wink:

  3. #3
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Washington in first place!!!

    They are not a new team...just the old Expos...but with the limited payroll that they have, it is pretty amazing that they are having this type of success...especially given that they have also had a rash of injuries. They would have one at least one World Series with all of the players that they have had to give up over the years...Vladimir Guerrero, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez...the list is endless. But now that they have a major market to compete in and once they get an ownership group that will spend some money, they should do pretty well.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #4
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Washington in first place!!!

    Pretty easy to get a new team, eh? I would figure that makes sense since the Yankees suck! :lol:

  5. #5
    SamDawg84 Guest

    Re: Washington in first place!!!

    haha thats awesome. the nats r 1st place in their division. and they dont have a really good roster or thats wat i think at least

  6. #6
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Washington in first place!!!

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Pretty easy to get a new team, eh? I would figure that makes sense since the Yankees suck! :lol:
    I never said that I was giving up on the Yankees...last time I checked, the Yankees were in the AMERICAN LEAGUE!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #7
    akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,160

    Re: Washington in first place!!!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    They are not a new team...just the old Expos...but with the limited payroll that they have, it is pretty amazing that they are having this type of success...especially given that they have also had a rash of injuries. They would have one at least one World Series with all of the players that they have had to give up over the years...Vladimir Guerrero, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez...the list is endless. But now that they have a major market to compete in and once they get an ownership group that will spend some money, they should do pretty well.
    The Expos might as well have been a new team, they were pretty bad :lol:

  8. #8
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Washington in first place!!!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Since I live near Washington, I have adopted the Nationals as my favorite National League team...and they are now in first place in the NL East (over the hated Marlins and Braves)!!!

    Go Nats!!!
    Thats right boys back up the Nats bandwagon - new member by the name of Cajun wanting to jump on board :tongue:

    Go Braves !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  9. #9
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Washington in first place!!!

    Braves are toast!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #10
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,005

    Re: Washington in first place!!!

    Plus the Nationals are doing all of this while being in the middle to bottom half of almost every offensive and pitching category....it truly is amazing how well they've done....gotta love those Nats, their like the National league Twins.....however, the rest of the division is only like 2 games out. Its a tight race...anyone's game!

    A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cajun & Me In Washington
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 07:11 PM
  2. Big Win Over Washington
    By The Gap in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 05:15 PM
  3. Hello from TheViking in Washington
    By TheViking in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 08:27 AM
  4. Washington Trading Day
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 01:00 AM
  5. R.W McQuarters to Washington?
    By Swamination in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 06:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •