Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Warning: Stay away from eBay World Cup tix

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    "maddenhasamancrushonfavre" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    good advise, i was JUST about to buy world cup tickets. because i LOVE soccer.(i'm being sarcastic).

anyways, gotta love scams, they keep soceity together
    I must agree YogidAbEAR. Football > Futball.
    It's just as well no-one cares what you think then, ain't it?
    Ouch.

Speak for yourself though Benet...I care (only marginally though) what he has to say. :grin:

P.S.- I agree with him!
    Cheeky bastard! :razz:

See, if I was a normal person I'd resign from my self-appointed position of "Defender of Football" on these boards, considering it's a losing battle when the vast majority of people on here are American, and this is, after all, a board solely dedicated to the NFL and our beloved Minnesota Vikings.

However, a normal person I am not.

:grin:

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    good advise, i was JUST about to buy world cup tickets. because i LOVE soccer.(i'm being sarcastic).

Ouch.

Speak for yourself though Benet...I care (only marginally though) what he has to say. :grin:

P.S.- I agree with him!
    Now you guys quit picking on soccer, my daughter plays it (against my wishes I might add) and they have snacks and juice boxes for everyone after every game. In some leagues they even keep score. Now before you think that whole possibility of winning and loosing is too harsh on their little egos, dont worry everyone gets the same trophy at the end of the league no matter what team they are on, so its all good in liberal sports land.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Benet" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:

Ouch.

P.S.- I agree with him!

See, if I was a normal person I'd resign from my self-appointed position of "Defender of Football" on these boards, considering it's a losing battle when the vast majority of people on here are American, and this is, after all, a board solely dedicated to the NFL and our beloved Minnesota Vikings.

thats ok, I had the same problem last year when someone brought about cricket and the Ashes games... that was a giggle with some of the posts made then
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"Turboe" wrote:
    Now you guys quit picking on soccer, my daughter plays it (against my wishes I might add) and they have snacks and juice boxes for everyone after every game. In some leagues they even keep score. Now before you think that whole possibility of winning and loosing is too harsh on their little egos, dont worry everyone gets the same trophy at the end of the league no matter what team they are on, so its all good in liberal sports land.
    To counter this statement, I'll structure my response as if it were an SAT question:

Womens football is to mens football.

Is to:

The WNBA is to the NBA.

"AngloVike" wrote:
    thats ok, I had the same problem last year when someone brought about cricket and the Ashes games... that was a giggle with some of the posts made then
    I can imagine! Did you try to explain where "silly point" is? :grin:

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

you cant explain to the average american the importance and exitement of Real Football to the rest of the world, they will not accept it no matter how hard you try, its best just to accept their ignorance for the greatest game on 5.5 of the 6 inhabited continents of the world. or 242 of the 244 countries of the world.

yeah, so anyways. back to the tix

there are tickets out there to score, because many companies get sponsor tickets and since they are sold under sponsors, they are meant to be given away in contests, or to clients. some of these however are being sold, and since they are sponsor tix, they dont have the added security of personalization or a name on them.

World Cup ticket sales probed

04-03-2006
    Monsters and Critics.com

LONDON, England (UPI) -- MasterCard is investigating how a Norwegian-based company is selling World Cup soccer tickets it claims came from the credit card company.

On its Web site, Global Ticket Service is offering three tickets for England`s first three matches for $5,700, and uses the credit card giant`s logo and lists it as a 'sponsor/partner,' The Mirror reported Monday.

MasterCard received thousands of tickets as a sponsor, but gave most away in contests, a spokeswoman told the newspaper.

'We are not a partner or sponsor of this company and we do not supply tickets. We will be investigating,' she said.

Global`s owner, Jonas Baardsen, would not give details of how his company had obtained the tickets, which have been sold out for months.

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

"Benet" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:

Ouch.

P.S.- I agree with him!

i'l give you a break because you're british. i Guess thats a reasonable excuse to like soccer. you guys eat eel pie, so you must be crazy

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

http://usa.2006.com/index.php

this site claims to be genuine, and has a 200% garantee. prices are also well above normal.
    from their site:

Where do the tickets come from?

We have specialized in EUROPEAN and WORLD CUP football and, thanks to our consolidated network of partners, we have become the leading reseller of the “hardest-to-get” tickets.
    Euroteam only buys tickets from either official sources or sources with direct access to authentic and valid tickets such as: football federations, official sponsors, etc.

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    i'l give you a break because you're british. i Guess thats a reasonable excuse to like soccer. you guys eat eel pie, so you must be crazy
    We eat eel, you club seals.

Look at me and my rhyming couplets.. I'm Shakespeare reborn!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12