Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Warning labels for the good book?

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    This really bothers me. If someone wanted to put a label like this on say the kuran there would be uproar about how politically incorrect the movement is, but when its the Bible its no big deal. The same happened in Iraq a couple years ago. A frustrated soldier kicked a kuran and was brought down by the news media, yet if an individual choses to burn the Bible no one cares...enough is enough
    I agree, it happens too often.

It is bothersome, but it's not banning it, it is just labeling it.
    Like someone else said in the thread, it would probably increase sales.

I know it's tough to get Bibles into many areas in China and I wonder how much politics is involved with the animosity between Hong Kong and China since they went back to belonging to China.

Should be an interesting story to follow.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Does this mean that we'll soon see the "good book" sold in a plastic wrapper right next to Playboy and Hustler on the book stands.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"so-cal" wrote:
    Does this mean that we'll soon see the "good book" sold in a plastic wrapper right next to Playboy and Hustler on the book stands.
    Most of them already come that way and then are also put in a box.
    If it bothers them then they don't have to read it.

laujesse is offline Starter

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "laujesse" wrote:
    I can't stand liberals or censorship.
    ...but...

The Bible and the Koran ARE the two most violence causing books in recorded history.
    So I do not see how they are completely out of line starting here.
    They certainly have caused more carnage than Ice T's song "Cop Killer".

Little known fact.
    In Iraq where our troops are deployed to...I will let you make your own determination as to what we are doing there...they are being killed by the thousands along with the warring Muslim factions.
    These factions have one big difference that makes them suicide bomb each other as Muslims that most of you see as one and the same... One says their prophet passed on the good word to his brother and the other say he passed it on to his friend.

Censorship of any kind is for homosexuals and hypocrites.
    We can keep this topic from getting locked by not making it a political issue by pointing fingers.
    By reading your post I must assume you have forgoten about your profanity filled rant on the first page... I also assume my words are not your own...

Anyways... What fun would that be, this thread was born to go down in flames and get people to pick sides and make political statements.
    I don't see many posts that is not a political statement or lude sexual comment or a reference to one of the above.

Bleep censorship!!!!!
    Tom Powers < Hetero

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I find it interesting that anyone in China, with it's, um, colorful (?) history finds the bible too gory for the young people.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

laujesse is offline Starter

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    This really bothers me. If someone wanted to put a label like this on say the kuran there would be uproar about how politically incorrect the movement is, but when its the Bible its no big deal. The same happened in Iraq a couple years ago. A frustrated soldier kicked a kuran and was brought down by the news media, yet if an individual choses to burn the Bible no one cares...enough is enough
    Thats right enough is enough!

Christians should sucide bomb people if they disagree with them and then they will show those Muslims who is the boss.
    Don't let them show us up!

PS: I say it with sarcastic love...
    the point remains the same though.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

You guys realize this is Hong Kong right. Not Alabama.

Who gives a shit if they want to label it indecent? Does it keep you from reading your bible? Does it waiver your faith? Does mean a god damn thing? No it doesnt.

Are you scared? Are you scared that if Hong Kong starts labeling bibles indecent that your church will lose offerings?

Does it change the way you feel about YOUR FAITH?

It is available, it is legal, it is an option.......they are not forcing anything on you, even if it was done in america.....they are forcing nothing on you. You can still read it and believe it.

The best part is what determines what is indecent? Morals.....morals from what? In our country christian morals......so if that happened here it would be beautifully ironic. I would seriously laugh my ass off and enjoy every minute of it.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

What I would like to know is how many people that are pissing their pants over this in the world are the same people that blame music for causing violence, or video games.

The minister that said this about the labeling.......

"But the prospect of the underage Bible ban has local ministers scoffing.

"If there is rape mentioned in the Bible, it doesn't mean it encourages those activities," Reuters quoted Reverend Wu Chi-wai, Protestant minister, as saying. "It's just common sense ... I don't think that criticism will have strong support from the public."

Is he allowing his kids to play Grand Theft Auto.......I doubt it. I wouldnt even be surprised if he was advocating against it. Funny how that works. Of course I cant say, but I guarantee without a doubt that the majority of pastors that are against this bible lable are all about cencorship in other sectors..........which is sadly not surprising.

And the icing on the cake is a lot of these christian fanatics that are out to censor the world are not looking for a label, they want it eliminated. They want to change your life, they want to keep that option away from you. This isn't even the same........this is a warning, not an elimination.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    The Bible is the "Good book" ?

I always thought it was "Ann Summers" Little Book of Red Hot and Rude Positions;

[img width=450 height=450]http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/41H39KXYDFL._SS500_.jpg[/img]
    with the [s]foreplay [/s] .. sorry foreword written by Cajun .... ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    How flippin ridiculous is this?

See what happens when you let one of these Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd issues take hold...it fucks-up everything else.
    Gotta be politically correct all the gol 'darnit time.
    Geez...I would hate to offend somebody.
    And usually the "somebody" is the minority (not the race, but the amount).

This country is turning into a country full of limp-dicked pussies.
    i agree 100%

Thanks josdin00

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast