Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Waitress gets $10,000 tip

ANGOLA, Ind. - A 20-year-old waitress at a northeast Indiana Pizza Hut got more than a $5 tip for her friendly service.

Jessica Osborne also got $10,000 for her college education. The money comes from a mother and her two sons who want to remain anonymous.

The three are regular customers at the Pizza Hut in Angola and always ask for Osborne as their waitress. She told the family how she didn't have the money to complete her education.

On Sunday night, the family presented her with a check, money from an education fund they had set up after a death in the family. Osborne says she wants to study photography or journalism. She has yet to decide on a school.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=49750&cl=3338770&ch=61492&src=news

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=6780906&nav=3w6ocSrC

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Waitress gets $10,000 tip

wow i work at pizza hut as delivery and the biggest tip i ever got was 21 dollars. this is so unfair, i need money for college as well.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    wow i work at pizza hut as delivery and the biggest tip i ever got was 21 dollars. this is so unfair, i need money for college as well.
    Read the story carefully and you'll see why she got the tip. She was pleasant, did her job with a smile, and talkative/friendly to the customers. They were more than "just another customer."
    This is a really neat story and one that all workers can learn from.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Read the story carefully and you'll see why she got the tip. She was pleasant, did her job with a smile, and talkative/friendly to the customers. They were more than "just another customer."
    This is a really neat story and one that all workers can learn from.
    ya i did read the story, just exaggerating though. but hey i serve my customes pleasantly with a smile and talk story to my customers while they are diggin for money. thing is i dont do it for that long like she did. ;D

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I could sure go for some free handouts.
    Cool story though, I guess there are still a few good people left out there.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Good for them!
    I love hearing about random acts of kindness.
    If we could all do a little more this world would be a pretty good place.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Shoot, I'm gonna work at pizza hut. I REEAAALLLYYYYYY need money for college unless I get some really nice scholarships (which is possible but I won't put all my eggs in one basket if you know what I mean). I'm hardworking and often get compliments. It could happen.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    Shoot, I'm gonna work at pizza hut. I REEAAALLLYYYYYY need money for college unless I get some really nice scholarships (which is possible but I won't put all my eggs in one basket if you know what I mean). I'm hardworking and often get compliments. It could happen.
    if you do work for them, be a driver if you have your license of course. The tips over here at least are pretty good and on decent days you can make 120 dollars in just one day. Tips are the biggest incentive and youll have a lot of cash in the wallet not counting the paycheck pizza hut gives you.

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    if you do work for them, be a driver if you have your license of course. The tips over here at least are pretty good and on decent days you can make 120 dollars in just one day. Tips are the biggest incentive and youll have a lot of cash in the wallet not counting the paycheck pizza hut gives you.
    thanks for the advice, sounds good. I'm getting my license in a few weeks (pretty late, I turned 17 in april, but its hard to get driving time when I'm in a dorm a few hours from home for 9 months out of the year). I'm trying to find the best-paying job possible, because my parents can't afford to pay for me (I have four younger siblings and my mom doesn't work, so money's thin as is).
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

i saw this on the news earlier. good for her. I wish I can do that for someone one day.
    :'(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast