Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: V's back.

  1. #1
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    V's back.

    Sigh,

    4 Hours after the end of the Bears game, I had to wake up to catch a morning flight for a business trip. Little did I know that I would have no internet and thus no way to revel in the glory of that game here on PP.O.

    Vikings 34, Bears 14. That game was awesome. We played great, just amazing. Everyone was playing up to their potentital. Peterson, Taylor, Gus, Berrian, Cook, Allen, Griffin, it was just awesome. That's the main thing I took away from that game. We had a chance to take sole place of the division lead, and executed perfectly. I couldn't ask for more. I'm sure some here had some complaints during the past week, and that's why it angers me that I could not be around to slap those complaints down with words of reason.

    So what do I get instead? I get to come back here a post after this Lions game. Instead of reveling on PP.O during a happy week, I watch a game where Peterson looked as bad as he has all year, Gus sucks, Griff gets burned, and TJ comes in and plays well.

    It's going to be a long week. Time to get to work. Time to make ya'll realize that Peterson's fumbling is a minor concern, and that the guy still broke 100 yards in a "bad" game. Time to discuss how Gus still should if healthy, even though his play isn't convincing anyone of that. Time to question why Griff was left on an island with Calvin Johnson with no safety help.

    I'm back baby.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,198

    Re: V's back.

    "V" wrote:

    Time to question why Griff was left on an island with Calvin Johnson with no safety help.

    I'm back baby.
    Same reason that Smoot was left on an island with Smith, with no safety help.

    I totally expect Griffin to be flamed for it, just as Smoot was, but I know that isn't happening.

    Too many double-standards on PP.O.


    I still don't think Jackson is ready to start, but as I've stated all season long & maybe others will finally see it, I don't think he is a bust & should be tossed onto the scrap heap like so damn many others have claimed.

    IMO, It is still to early in his career to pass that judgment.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: V's back.

    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

    Time to question why Griff was left on an island with Calvin Johnson with no safety help.

    I'm back baby.
    Same reason that Smoot was left on an island with Smith, with no safety help.

    I totally expect Griffin to be flamed for it, just as Smoot was, but I know that isn't happening.

    Too many double-standards on PP.O.


    I still don't think Jackson is ready to start, but as I've stated all season long & maybe others will finally see it, I don't think he is a bust & should be tossed onto the scrap heap like so damn many others have claimed.

    IMO, It is still to early in his career to pass that judgment.
    Well, not only did Smoot get burned, but he was a pretty poor tackler as well. I think he just didn't fit the cover 2 scheme. Also Griffin does deserve som blame. We had one safety over the top, and Griff knows that. He both failed to bump the receiver at all, and failed to contain Johnson, letting the WR get outside of him quickly, away from any potential help. Johnson beat him in 2 seconds. If Griffin bumps Johnson and forces him inside, then at least he and Sharper have a chance.

    Jackson looked like a solid backup QB. He came in via injury and played well. If he alwasy played like that, he would be starting, but one half of great play isn't enough to convince me. Gus' play though is making this tough. I wonder what Chilly will do, and no longer would be surprised if we switched QBs again. Maybe if we are able to clinch early, we put TJ back in?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,198

    Re: V's back.

    "V" wrote:

    Jackson looked like a solid backup QB. He came in via injury and played well.
    If that's the case, what did Gus look like yesterday?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: V's back.

    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

    Time to question why Griff was left on an island with Calvin Johnson with no safety help.

    I'm back baby.
    Same reason that Smoot was left on an island with Smith, with no safety help.

    I totally expect Griffin to be flamed for it, just as Smoot was, but I know that isn't happening.

    Too many double-standards on PP.O.


    I still don't think Jackson is ready to start, but as I've stated all season long & maybe others will finally see it, I don't think he is a bust & should be tossed onto the scrap heap like so gol 'darnit many others have claimed.

    IMO, It is still to early in his career to pass that judgment.
    Well, not only did Smoot get burned, but he was a pretty poor tackler as well. I think he just didn't fit the cover 2 scheme. Also Griffin does deserve som blame. We had one safety over the top, and Griff knows that. He both failed to bump the receiver at all, and failed to contain Johnson, letting the WR get outside of him quickly, away from any potential help. Johnson beat him in 2 seconds. If Griffin bumps Johnson and forces him inside, then at least he and Sharper have a chance.

    Jackson looked like a solid backup QB. He came in via injury and played well. If he alwasy played like that, he would be starting, but one half of great play isn't enough to convince me. Gus' play though is making this tough. I wonder what Chilly will do, and no longer would be surprised if we switched QBs again. Maybe if we are able to clinch early, we put TJ back in?
    I don't know what the call is but you typically don't bump on cover 3. It was a dumb play and saftey help is not coming over the top in cover 3.


    CB







    S









    CB

    Do your job and defend your portion of the field. Most likely Griffen made a mistake and we paid for it. Not the end of the world but he has to keep it tighter when Fitz and Aquan comes to town.

  6. #6
    Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    641

    Re: V's back.

    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

    Time to question why Griff was left on an island with Calvin Johnson with no safety help.

    I'm back baby.
    Same reason that Smoot was left on an island with Smith, with no safety help.

    I totally expect Griffin to be flamed for it, just as Smoot was, but I know that isn't happening.

    Too many double-standards on PP.O.


    I still don't think Jackson is ready to start, but as I've stated all season long & maybe others will finally see it, I don't think he is a bust & should be tossed onto the scrap heap like so gol 'darnit many others have claimed.

    IMO, It is still to early in his career to pass that judgment.
    I have not been a T-Jack supporter.
    I believe you are always better off with an experienced game-manager than a work-in-progress.
    That being said, I would never be happier to be wrong!
    Remember, that was vs. the worst team in the NFL yesterday, but if Gus is out, may T-Jack prove me wrong!!!!!
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

  7. #7
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: V's back.

    Good maybe you can knock some sense into Marrdro.
    ;D He's rambling again.

  8. #8
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: V's back.

    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

    Jackson looked like a solid backup QB. He came in via injury and played well.
    If that's the case, what did Gus look like yesterday?
    An old man that is losing steam in a 16 game season that he can't handle anymore. He is just getting tired. It happens in old age. Just ask Marrdro.

  9. #9
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: V's back.

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

    Time to question why Griff was left on an island with Calvin Johnson with no safety help.

    I'm back baby.
    Same reason that Smoot was left on an island with Smith, with no safety help.

    I totally expect Griffin to be flamed for it, just as Smoot was, but I know that isn't happening.

    Too many double-standards on PP.O.


    I still don't think Jackson is ready to start, but as I've stated all season long & maybe others will finally see it, I don't think he is a bust & should be tossed onto the scrap heap like so gol 'darnit many others have claimed.

    IMO, It is still to early in his career to pass that judgment.
    Well, not only did Smoot get burned, but he was a pretty poor tackler as well. I think he just didn't fit the cover 2 scheme. Also Griffin does deserve som blame. We had one safety over the top, and Griff knows that. He both failed to bump the receiver at all, and failed to contain Johnson, letting the WR get outside of him quickly, away from any potential help. Johnson beat him in 2 seconds. If Griffin bumps Johnson and forces him inside, then at least he and Sharper have a chance.

    Jackson looked like a solid backup QB. He came in via injury and played well. If he alwasy played like that, he would be starting, but one half of great play isn't enough to convince me. Gus' play though is making this tough. I wonder what Chilly will do, and no longer would be surprised if we switched QBs again. Maybe if we are able to clinch early, we put TJ back in?
    I don't know what the call is but you typically don't bump on cover 3. It was a dumb play and saftey help is not coming over the top in cover 3.


    CB








    S










    CB

    Do your job and defend your portion of the field. Most likely Griffen made a mistake and we paid for it. Not the end of the world but he has to keep it tighter when Fitz and Aquan comes to town.
    I agree with what your saying, but we just should not be in cover 3 in the first place. Griff is going to lose on that play 9 times out of 10.

    I don't know what to do when facing the Cardinals. Against Houston we doubled Johnson and that worked, but with Fitz AND Boldin, its going to be tough. The 4 man front must simply generate tons of pressure. Warner will pick zones apart and we can't afford man coverage mismatches, nor can we double both guys, not to mention Steve Breaston. I just hope for some turnovers.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: V's back.

    "V" wrote:
    Sigh,

    4 Hours after the end of the Bears game, I had to wake up to catch a morning flight for a business trip. Little did I know that I would have no internet and thus no way to revel in the glory of that game here on PP.O.

    Vikings 34, Bears 14. That game was awesome. We played great, just amazing. Everyone was playing up to their potentital. Peterson, Taylor, Gus, Berrian, Cook, Allen, Griffin, it was just awesome. That's the main thing I took away from that game. We had a chance to take sole place of the division lead, and executed perfectly. I couldn't ask for more. I'm sure some here had some complaints during the past week, and that's why it angers me that I could not be around to slap those complaints down with words of reason.

    So what do I get instead? I get to come back here a post after this Lions game. Instead of reveling on PP.O during a happy week, I watch a game where Peterson looked as bad as he has all year, Gus sucks, Griff gets burned, and TJ comes in and plays well.

    It's going to be a long week. Time to get to work. Time to make ya'll realize that Peterson's fumbling is a minor concern, and that the guy still broke 100 yards in a "bad" game. Time to discuss how Gus still should if healthy, even though his play isn't convincing anyone of that. Time to question why Griff was left on an island with Calvin Johnson with no safety help.

    I'm back baby.
    What?
    You were gone?
    Didn't even realize it........(JK
    ;D)

    Glad you got back safe my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 NBA Back to back champion Los Angeles Lakers!
    By so-cal vike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 08:27 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 05:55 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 06:30 PM
  4. Testaverde back to back up in his 21st season
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 11:58 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 02:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •