Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

"Del" wrote:
    "[email protected]" wrote:
    :P oh well there coud kl;jkl;jkl; j jkl;
    What was that?
    He just voted and saw his options.
    Also, not eligible to drink yet, so he hasn't leveled out as of yet ....

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    On Tuesday, November 7th, general elections will be held in the United States of America.
    If you are of voting age and registered, it is your responsibility to vote.

I do not care who you vote for - [size=12pt]and please don't discuss it here[/size].
    This is not a political thread - it's a civics thread.
    *BUMP*

It's time for this week's update!
    Election Day is TWO WEEKS AWAY!!!!!!!!!

It is your RESPONSIBILITY to vote.
    We talk a lot in this country about "exporting democracy" to other nations - and then, as a percentage, smaller and smaller numbers of citizens actually show up on Election Day to be a participant in democracy.

What those shrinking percentages do is allow passionate groups with strong memberships to have undue influence on the outcomes because they vote in numbers.
    If you like or don't like what's going on, YOUR VOICE IS YOUR VOTE.

Living in a free and open society does not mean that there is nothing which you need to do as a member of that society.
    On the contrary, it means that the responsibilities you do have as a member of that society are that much more important.
    To keep things running smoothly, you need to know that elected officials are taking YOUR OPINION into account.
    And the most direct way to do that is via the ballot.

Don't like the job Joe Politician is doing in the state legislature/congress/mayor's office?
    Vote NO on Joe!

Love what Jessica Politico is doing in the Senate/City Council/Dog Catcher's office?
    Vote YES on Jess!

If you cannot take the HOUR MAXIMUM out of your day to vote, then you really shouldn't bitch or whine about what the elected officials do with the mandate given to them by those who do vote.

You will do NOTHING GREATER FOR AMERICA in 2006 than casting your vote on Tuesday, November 7th.

=Z=
    Agreed AW. Good post.
    How's this.
    I voted last week already, absentee ballot.
    Last general election here in FL, I waited in line 4 1/2 hrs. to vote, never again.

Do I get a "Gold Star" for voing early ?!?
    ;D
    [img width=350 height=317]http://www.jewelryexpert.com/catalog/graphics/Drusy-Gold-Star-1a.gif[/img]
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    On Tuesday, November 7th, general elections will be held in the United States of America.
    If you are of voting age and registered, it is your responsibility to vote.

I do not care who you vote for - [size=12pt]and please don't discuss it here[/size].
    This is not a political thread - it's a civics thread.
    *BUMP*

It's time for this week's update!
    Election Day is TWO WEEKS AWAY!!!!!!!!!

It is your RESPONSIBILITY to vote.
    We talk a lot in this country about "exporting democracy" to other nations - and then, as a percentage, smaller and smaller numbers of citizens actually show up on Election Day to be a participant in democracy.

What those shrinking percentages do is allow passionate groups with strong memberships to have undue influence on the outcomes because they vote in numbers.
    If you like or don't like what's going on, YOUR VOICE IS YOUR VOTE.

Living in a free and open society does not mean that there is nothing which you need to do as a member of that society.
    On the contrary, it means that the responsibilities you do have as a member of that society are that much more important.
    To keep things running smoothly, you need to know that elected officials are taking YOUR OPINION into account.
    And the most direct way to do that is via the ballot.

Don't like the job Joe Politician is doing in the state legislature/congress/mayor's office?
    Vote NO on Joe!

Love what Jessica Politico is doing in the Senate/City Council/Dog Catcher's office?
    Vote YES on Jess!

If you cannot take the HOUR MAXIMUM out of your day to vote, then you really shouldn't bitch or whine about what the elected officials do with the mandate given to them by those who do vote.

You will do NOTHING GREATER FOR AMERICA in 2006 than casting your vote on Tuesday, November 7th.

=Z=
    Agreed AW. Good post.
    How's this.
    I voted last week already, absentee ballot.
    Last general election here in FL, I waited in line 4 1/2 hrs. to vote, never again.

Do I get a "Gold Star" for voing early ?!?
    ;D
    [img width=350 height=317]http://www.jewelryexpert.com/catalog/graphics/Drusy-Gold-Star-1a.gif[/img]
    I knew it wouldn't take long ....
    ;D

Thanx NoDak !!!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Good post Zeus, but seriously people please don't ruin it by stating your political opinions.
    I hate it when threads get ruined because of a few people. So be good everyone.
    On another note, I plan on voting and can't wait til the elections are over because I'm getting really sick of the commercials.
    But thanks for reminding us all Zeus.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I think this is a great initiative by Zeus.

Get to voting America. I for one is sitting over here in Europe awaiting the results with great anxiety.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

I thought this was for the Pro Bowl when I saw it, but seeing as how I'm not yet old enough to vote in THAT election, I'll just vote for Chester Taylor and the left side of our line to make the Pro Bowl and be content with myself
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

OnlyVikes is offline Rookie

I was honestly going to vote until all the candidates here in MN started bad mouthing each other more than Vikings-Packers fans. Why vote if none of these 35+year old plus working Americans can show some class and take the high road?

I heard today that out of ALL 50 states, Minnesota and Tennessee candidates are the worst as far as trash talking one another(and not talking about why they are actually talking on the radio, to get their issues across maybe? ). It makes me sick to be a Minnesota citizen if our candidates are mentioned as in the top 2 for trash talking one another. The only way they'll learn is if people DON'T vote, so they can see that no one cares when they needlessly badmouth each other for 60 seconds at a time.

Honestly, they need to grow up and act their age. Yes, I do know that they are politicians but why should that make a difference. Tell the truth and take the high road people...... :.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"OnlyVikes" wrote:
    I was honestly going to vote until all the candidates here in MN started bad mouthing each other more than Vikings-Packers fans. Why vote if none of these 35+year old plus working Americans can show some class and take the high road?
    We're bordering on the edge of getting into politics, so I will be very careful in what I say.

Minnesota is seen as one of the TOP battlegrounds in the US for this election.
    With the House and Senate both in play, national money is POURING into the state elections.
    The Amy Klobuchar-Mark Kennedy battle for the Senate, for example, is one the Democrats cannot lose (since the current seat-holder, Mark Dayton, is a Democrat) and one which the Republicans must win, since they are in serious danger of losing Senate seats in Ohio and Virginia, among others.

A lot of the really really really negative ads are coming from that out-of-state money.

That said - you're responding the way they WANT you to respond.
    By now, I would guestimate that 80% of those who will vote have probably made up their minds.
    A big part of the commercials is to get the last 20% either swayed to your side - or to stay home on election day.

I would suggest to you that it is better to vote - and use your vote on those elections as a protest.
    Vote for a candidate OTHER than the ones in the spotlight.
    Most races in Minnesota also involve an Independence Party or other 3rd, 4th, 5th-party nominee.
    Vote for them to show the Big 2 that you are disatisfied with their tactics.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Good post Zeus, but seriously people please don't ruin it by stating your political opinions.
    I hate it when threads get ruined because of a few people. So be good everyone.
    On another note, I plan on voting and can't wait til the elections are over because I'm getting really sick of the commercials.
    But thanks for reminding us all Zeus.

My pleasure.
    As you can tell, I feel very strongly about this.

And Del's got my back on any political talk.
    As noted - this is a lesson on CIVIC RESPONSIBILITY, not politics.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

OnlyVikes is offline Rookie

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "OnlyVikes" wrote:
    We're bordering on the edge of getting into politics, so I will be very careful in what I say.

Minnesota is seen as one of the TOP battlegrounds in the US for this election.
    With the House and Senate both in play, national money is POURING into the state elections.
    The Amy Klobuchar-Mark Kennedy battle for the Senate, for example, is one the Democrats cannot lose (since the current seat-holder, Mark Dayton, is a Democrat) and one which the Republicans must win, since they are in serious danger of losing Senate seats in Ohio and Virginia, among others.

A lot of the really really really negative ads are coming from that out-of-state money.

That said - you're responding the way they WANT you to respond.
    By now, I would guestimate that 80% of those who will vote have probably made up their minds.
    A big part of the commercials is to get the last 20% either swayed to your side - or to stay home on election day.

I would suggest to you that it is better to vote - and use your vote on those elections as a protest.
    Vote for a candidate OTHER than the ones in the spotlight.
    Most races in Minnesota also involve an Independence Party or other 3rd, 4th, 5th-party nominee.
    Vote for them to show the Big 2 that you are disatisfied with their tactics.

=Z=
    Touche.....

With that respectful argument you have made I can see your POV and might look into it further......I can respect someone who doesn't badmouth someone else for their posts, only educating them on the topic at hand.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast