Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE - TODAY IS ELECTION DAY!

Made it to the polls today at 6:20 am.
    Waited 2 hours to vote, but some people showed up at 4:30 to get in line: amazing.
    One more hour to go here on the east coast.
    No matter the results of all of the races, I am damn proud of of the American population today.

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

Obama 08

SharperImage42

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    Waited 2 hours to vote, but some people showed up at 4:30 to get in line: amazing.
    No matter the results of all of the races, I am damn proud of of the American population today.
    As great as a good turnout is, I can't help but that there are a LOT of people who voted because they don't want a black man in power.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    As great as a good turnout is, I can't help but that there are a LOT of people who voted because they don't want a black man in power.
    Did you ever stop & think that a lot of voters who haven't voted in the past, stepped up to the booth because they did want a black man in power?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

THere was no line in Utah were i went... i went at 10:30a.m. and no one was there... walked in to my booth used the electronic ballot thing and boom... first election i was able to vote in.. Made me proud to be an American

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

Got my vote in this morning, took under 15 minutes even with a short wait for a booth.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Did you ever stop & think that a lot of voters who haven't voted in the past, stepped up to the booth because they did want a black man in power?
    I am pretty sure for every person that doesn't want a melado(sp?) president there is someone who will vote because they want a melado president.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"erik5032" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    No matter the results of all of the races, I am gol 'darnit proud of of the American population today.
    I am pretty sure for every person that doesn't want a melado(sp?) president there is someone who will vote because they want a melado president.
    I am pretty sure that race, while obviously an issue, is not a major factor in today's election.
    Economy and foreign policy are by far the biggest driving factors in getting people to the polls today.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    yes, i'm sure there are some of those too.
    FYI, that comment was not supposed to be racist or anything of the type, just stating what I think.
    This election has a huge turnout, but its too bad that a good portion of it is due to a race issue.
    There are lots of people, especially some in the south, who don't want a black man in power.
    there's lots of people who vote for him just because he's black, and of course there's the rest of the voting population who vote for whoever they think is the best.
    I can practically guarantee to you that if Obama was white, and had a different name, the turnout wouldn't be as huge as it was today.

This is not knocking the US population/voters/southerners/black people or anyone else, so please don't accuse me of that, its just the way I see it.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    No matter the results of all of the races, I am gol 'darnit proud of of the American population today.
    yes, i'm sure there are some of those too.
    FYI, that comment was not supposed to be racist or anything of the type, just stating what I think.
    This election has a huge turnout, but its too bad that a good portion of it is due to a race issue.
    There are lots of people, especially some in the south, who don't want a black man in power.
    there's lots of people who vote for him just because he's black, and of course there's the rest of the voting population who vote for whoever they think is the best.
    I can practically guarantee to you that if Obama was white, and had a different name, the turnout wouldn't be as huge as it was today.

This is not knocking the US population/voters/southerners/black people or anyone else, so please don't accuse me of that, its just the way I see it.
    I respectfully disagree.
    I don't see race being as big of a motivators as you do.
    Yes, there are going to be people who are voting because of it, but I think the vast majority of the voting population are voting for other reasons.
    This election has a huge turnout because we are in a time of economic stress, and anytime that there is some kind of national stressor present, there is a natural push for change.
    When it happens in an election year, people feel that they have more power to affect that change by voting.

If Obama was white, the turnout would still be record breaking.
    If the economy was in better shape, we could have a candidate who was a black lesbian and the turnout still wouldn't be as high...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast