Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62
  1. #21
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE - TODAY IS ELECTION DAY!

    Made it to the polls today at 6:20 am.
    Waited 2 hours to vote, but some people showed up at 4:30 to get in line: amazing.
    One more hour to go here on the east coast.
    No matter the results of all of the races, I am damn proud of of the American population today.

  2. #22
    SharperImage42's Avatar
    SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    554

    Re: VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE - TODAY IS ELECTION DAY!

    Obama 08

    SharperImage42

  3. #23
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE - TODAY IS ELECTION DAY!

    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Made it to the polls today at 6:20 am.
    Waited 2 hours to vote, but some people showed up at 4:30 to get in line: amazing.
    One more hour to go here on the east coast.
    No matter the results of all of the races, I am damn proud of of the American population today.
    As great as a good turnout is, I can't help but that there are a LOT of people who voted because they don't want a black man in power.

  4. #24
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE - TODAY IS ELECTION DAY!

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Made it to the polls today at 6:20 am.
    Waited 2 hours to vote, but some people showed up at 4:30 to get in line: amazing.
    One more hour to go here on the east coast.
    No matter the results of all of the races, I am damn proud of of the American population today.
    As great as a good turnout is, I can't help but that there are a LOT of people who voted because they don't want a black man in power.
    Did you ever stop & think that a lot of voters who haven't voted in the past, stepped up to the booth because they did want a black man in power?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #25
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE - TODAY IS ELECTION DAY!

    THere was no line in Utah were i went... i went at 10:30a.m. and no one was there... walked in to my booth used the electronic ballot thing and boom... first election i was able to vote in.. Made me proud to be an American

  6. #26
    x-ray jeff's Avatar
    x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    812

    Re: VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE - TODAY IS ELECTION DAY!

    Got my vote in this morning, took under 15 minutes even with a short wait for a booth.

  7. #27
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE - TODAY IS ELECTION DAY!

    "singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Made it to the polls today at 6:20 am.
    Waited 2 hours to vote, but some people showed up at 4:30 to get in line: amazing.
    One more hour to go here on the east coast.
    No matter the results of all of the races, I am damn proud of of the American population today.
    As great as a good turnout is, I can't help but that there are a LOT of people who voted because they don't want a black man in power.
    Did you ever stop & think that a lot of voters who haven't voted in the past, stepped up to the booth because they did want a black man in power?
    I am pretty sure for every person that doesn't want a melado(sp?) president there is someone who will vote because they want a melado president.

  8. #28
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE - TODAY IS ELECTION DAY!

    "erik5032" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Made it to the polls today at 6:20 am.
    Waited 2 hours to vote, but some people showed up at 4:30 to get in line: amazing.
    One more hour to go here on the east coast.
    No matter the results of all of the races, I am gol 'darnit proud of of the American population today.
    As great as a good turnout is, I can't help but that there are a LOT of people who voted because they don't want a black man in power.
    Did you ever stop & think that a lot of voters who haven't voted in the past, stepped up to the booth because they did want a black man in power?
    I am pretty sure for every person that doesn't want a melado(sp?) president there is someone who will vote because they want a melado president.
    I am pretty sure that race, while obviously an issue, is not a major factor in today's election.
    Economy and foreign policy are by far the biggest driving factors in getting people to the polls today.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #29
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE - TODAY IS ELECTION DAY!

    "singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Made it to the polls today at 6:20 am.
    Waited 2 hours to vote, but some people showed up at 4:30 to get in line: amazing.
    One more hour to go here on the east coast.
    No matter the results of all of the races, I am damn proud of of the American population today.
    As great as a good turnout is, I can't help but that there are a LOT of people who voted because they don't want a black man in power.
    Did you ever stop & think that a lot of voters who haven't voted in the past, stepped up to the booth because they did want a black man in power?
    yes, i'm sure there are some of those too.
    FYI, that comment was not supposed to be racist or anything of the type, just stating what I think.
    This election has a huge turnout, but its too bad that a good portion of it is due to a race issue.
    There are lots of people, especially some in the south, who don't want a black man in power.
    there's lots of people who vote for him just because he's black, and of course there's the rest of the voting population who vote for whoever they think is the best.
    I can practically guarantee to you that if Obama was white, and had a different name, the turnout wouldn't be as huge as it was today.

    This is not knocking the US population/voters/southerners/black people or anyone else, so please don't accuse me of that, its just the way I see it.

  10. #30
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE - TODAY IS ELECTION DAY!

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Made it to the polls today at 6:20 am.
    Waited 2 hours to vote, but some people showed up at 4:30 to get in line: amazing.
    One more hour to go here on the east coast.
    No matter the results of all of the races, I am gol 'darnit proud of of the American population today.
    As great as a good turnout is, I can't help but that there are a LOT of people who voted because they don't want a black man in power.
    Did you ever stop & think that a lot of voters who haven't voted in the past, stepped up to the booth because they did want a black man in power?
    yes, i'm sure there are some of those too.
    FYI, that comment was not supposed to be racist or anything of the type, just stating what I think.
    This election has a huge turnout, but its too bad that a good portion of it is due to a race issue.
    There are lots of people, especially some in the south, who don't want a black man in power.
    there's lots of people who vote for him just because he's black, and of course there's the rest of the voting population who vote for whoever they think is the best.
    I can practically guarantee to you that if Obama was white, and had a different name, the turnout wouldn't be as huge as it was today.

    This is not knocking the US population/voters/southerners/black people or anyone else, so please don't accuse me of that, its just the way I see it.
    I respectfully disagree.
    I don't see race being as big of a motivators as you do.
    Yes, there are going to be people who are voting because of it, but I think the vast majority of the voting population are voting for other reasons.
    This election has a huge turnout because we are in a time of economic stress, and anytime that there is some kind of national stressor present, there is a natural push for change.
    When it happens in an election year, people feel that they have more power to affect that change by voting.

    If Obama was white, the turnout would still be record breaking.
    If the economy was in better shape, we could have a candidate who was a black lesbian and the turnout still wouldn't be as high...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE - NEXT TUESDAY!
    By josdin00 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 10:31 AM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 09:29 AM
  3. go vote
    By cc21 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 09:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •