Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63
  1. #11
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Violent Defense, a Video of my team!

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    #99 is a beast.
    He goes 130, has speed and most importantly understands the game.
    He brings it every play.
    It is the mental side of the game that makes him the player he is.
    In youth ball almost every play is around the outside.
    When you have a player that can take a block and push the play back inside to the LB's you are money.

    Yah, that TE never stood a chance.
    Every play he would stand straight-up and #99 would one arm chuck him with ease.
    But the size does not mater; coaching does.
    If that player was coached properly he should be able to disrupt the path of #99.
    Or he can go low on him.
    We have small players as well and they are coached-up to do this and it works.
    Give me the smallest player and we will make him useful for the team.
    We get production out of every player and we were not even the "biggest" team out there.
    Our head coach played DI for Michigan State in the early 90's when they were in Bowl games nd good.
    He also is an assistant with the High School.
    Another coach played ball for Toledo before blowing out his knee and he is now an Offensive Coordinator with a local High School.
    Another coach has been coaching youth for 6 years.
    As for me, I have been coaching youth for 6 years as well.
    I hope you are teaching these kids how to win with class, because you sound like you have none, bragging about how your kid put someone in the hospital. sad.
    I think you are taking this a little too far.
    I didn't see it as bragging at all.
    But I understand where you are coming from.

    I don't take youth sports as seriously as Ultra does, but as long as he doesn't cross the line with sportsmanship I am OK with it.
    I haven't seen his team play in person, so I can't pass judgment on him.

    Some people take youth sports more seriously than others.
    To be honest, I have a hard time being hard core about youth sports.
    I think there are more important lessons to be learned in youth sports than technique and skill drills.
    But if Ultra is still instilling things like sportsmanship, teamwork, selflessness, etc... then it is OK to bring it to the next level.

    Ultra, I trust that you haven't become like the coach of the Hawks in the Mighty Ducks, right?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Violent Defense, a Video of my team!

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    #99 is a beast.
    He goes 130, has speed and most importantly understands the game.
    He brings it every play.
    It is the mental side of the game that makes him the player he is.
    In youth ball almost every play is around the outside.
    When you have a player that can take a block and push the play back inside to the LB's you are money.

    Yah, that TE never stood a chance.
    Every play he would stand straight-up and #99 would one arm chuck him with ease.
    But the size does not mater; coaching does.
    If that player was coached properly he should be able to disrupt the path of #99.
    Or he can go low on him.
    We have small players as well and they are coached-up to do this and it works.
    Give me the smallest player and we will make him useful for the team.
    We get production out of every player and we were not even the "biggest" team out there.
    Our head coach played DI for Michigan State in the early 90's when they were in Bowl games nd good.
    He also is an assistant with the High School.
    Another coach played ball for Toledo before blowing out his knee and he is now an Offensive Coordinator with a local High School.
    Another coach has been coaching youth for 6 years.
    As for me, I have been coaching youth for 6 years as well.
    I hope you are teaching these kids how to win with class, because you sound like you have none, bragging about how your kid put someone in the hospital. sad.
    What is your problem?
    Do you have to hijack these threads like this?

    We do teach them to win with class.
    I am sorry I did not add that.
    We do not jump around and celebrate after a win.
    We gather the team up and tell them "show some class" and go on our way.

    I was not "bragging."
    The player was fine.
    The other team overreacted when he got his bell rung.
    Also, that player lives down the street from me and he and my son hav been friends since Kindergarten.
    After the game I went straight to the hospital to see him.
    His dad said "that's football" and the player knew he got it because there was no blocking and his FB avoided contact on the LB he was supposed to block.
    We are talking about football here right?

    Damn, sounds like something my Mom would say.
    She over heard our football coach one time.
    Thought all hell was gonna break loose.
    ;D

    Maybe its my High School Football coaches fault that I swear a bit.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Violent Defense, a Video of my team!

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    #99 is a beast.
    He goes 130, has speed and most importantly understands the game.
    He brings it every play.
    It is the mental side of the game that makes him the player he is.
    In youth ball almost every play is around the outside.
    When you have a player that can take a block and push the play back inside to the LB's you are money.

    Yah, that TE never stood a chance.
    Every play he would stand straight-up and #99 would one arm chuck him with ease.
    But the size does not mater; coaching does.
    If that player was coached properly he should be able to disrupt the path of #99.
    Or he can go low on him.
    We have small players as well and they are coached-up to do this and it works.
    Give me the smallest player and we will make him useful for the team.
    We get production out of every player and we were not even the "biggest" team out there.
    Our head coach played DI for Michigan State in the early 90's when they were in Bowl games nd good.
    He also is an assistant with the High School.
    Another coach played ball for Toledo before blowing out his knee and he is now an Offensive Coordinator with a local High School.
    Another coach has been coaching youth for 6 years.
    As for me, I have been coaching youth for 6 years as well.
    I hope you are teaching these kids how to win with class, because you sound like you have none, bragging about how your kid put someone in the hospital. sad.
    What is your problem?
    Do you have to hijack these threads like this?

    We do teach them to win with class.
    I am sorry I did not add that.
    We do not jump around and celebrate after a win.
    We gather the team up and tell them "show some class" and go on our way.

    I was not "bragging."
    The player was fine.
    The other team overreacted when he got his bell rung.
    Also, that player lives down the street from me and he and my son hav been friends since Kindergarten.
    After the game I went straight to the hospital to see him.
    His dad said "that's football" and the player knew he got it because there was no blocking and his FB avoided contact on the LB he was supposed to block.

    Hijack the thread? I was commenting on your comment, that is what these forums are for.

  4. #14
    IBleedPurple11's Avatar
    IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    414

    Re: Violent Defense, a Video of my team!

    looks fun, i want to start coaching soon.


    *SKOL!*

  5. #15
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Violent Defense, a Video of my team!

    Ultra is right it is football. However the best advice I can give him is that Parents can be a pain in the ass. If the parents are complaining about it. Right or wrong enough parents complain it can come back to bite you big time. Main reason I don't coach anymore. I alweays belived evryone plays no matter ability. I had so many parents complain about this that so and so was costing the team becasue they made a mistake. I coached for 2 and a half seasons. They tried to get me too not coach by comoolaining non stop to the director(he told nme about it for about every week) My half season I had had enough, even though we were 4-0 I said "If you think you can do better go ahead" Needless to say they tried it their way and did not win a game the rest of the season. Just keep the parents on your side if you can.

  6. #16
    IBleedPurple11's Avatar
    IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    414

    Re: Violent Defense, a Video of my team!

    "Garland" wrote:
    Ultra is right it is football. However the best advice I can give him is that Parents can be a pain in the ass. If the parents are complaining about it. Right or wrong enough parents complain it can come back to bite you big time. Main reason I don't coach anymore. I alweays belived evryone plays no matter ability. I had so many parents complain about this that so and so was costing the team becasue they made a mistake. I coached for 2 and a half seasons. They tried to get me too not coach by comoolaining non stop to the director(he told nme about it for about every week) My half season I had had enough, even though we were 4-0 I said "If you think you can do better go ahead" Needless to say they tried it their way and did not win a game the rest of the season. Just keep the parents on your side if you can.

    I'm pretty sure Ultra has had his run-ins with some parents if he has been coaching for 6 years. Its not really a hard thing to overcome, "if you dont like how I coach then take your kid off my team, if you want him to learn...then shut up and let me do my job." haha Maybe not in those exact words but you get the point.


    *SKOL!*

  7. #17
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Violent Defense, a Video of my team!

    "Garland" wrote:
    Ultra is right it is football. However the best advice I can give him is that Parents can be a pain in the ass. If the parents are complaining about it. Right or wrong enough parents complain it can come back to bite you big time. Main reason I don't coach anymore. I alweays belived evryone plays no matter ability. I had so many parents complain about this that so and so was costing the team becasue they made a mistake. I coached for 2 and a half seasons. They tried to get me too not coach by comoolaining non stop to the director(he told nme about it for about every week) My half season I had had enough, even though we were 4-0 I said "If you think you can do better go ahead" Needless to say they tried it their way and did not win a game the rest of the season. Just keep the parents on your side if you can.
    Right you are.
    Sometimes parents are the worst thing about youth sports.


    A lot has to do with what commitment level a parents as at.
    We have some that are just happy that their kids are playing and learning.
    We have had some that think Junior is the next Peyton Manning because of his skills in the backyard or his PS2.
    You cannot let that deter you and you have to keep the "team" concept there.
    We do not favor anybody.
    We know who works hard and the players know that all 11 of them on the field have a very important responsibility and that effects the outcome of every play.

    What I hate the most is when you coach a player on something (say a DB on covering a pass) and then they do something different the next day.
    They tell you that is what Dad told me to do.
    We tell them him that Dad is not out here coaching and that Dad's ways may cost the player playing time.
    That may seem harsh, but there is not any other way around it.
    Parents are always free to approach any one of us and we have been very honest with them.
    For the most part they are understanding, some are not.

    Another thing that pisses me off is that my son and 2 other players on our baseball team decided to try out (and make) a pretty elite travel team.
    Our former team did not challenge these 3 boys anymore and they wrere not progressing.
    That team cared about what the parents complained about rather than individual development.
    So now that we did not play for that team were are blacklisted.
    If we ever wanted to play for that league again they will not let us.
    We played there for 3 years and built great friendships with families.
    Now, some will not talk to us.
    All because we wanted what is best for our sons.
    This is the age kids will start to break away and go elsewhere.
    Whatever is best for my sons is where we will go...if they want to.

  8. #18
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Violent Defense, a Video of my team!

    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Ultra is right it is football. However the best advice I can give him is that Parents can be a pain in the ass. If the parents are complaining about it. Right or wrong enough parents complain it can come back to bite you big time. Main reason I don't coach anymore. I alweays belived evryone plays no matter ability. I had so many parents complain about this that so and so was costing the team becasue they made a mistake. I coached for 2 and a half seasons. They tried to get me too not coach by comoolaining non stop to the director(he told nme about it for about every week) My half season I had had enough, even though we were 4-0 I said "If you think you can do better go ahead" Needless to say they tried it their way and did not win a game the rest of the season. Just keep the parents on your side if you can.

    I'm pretty sure Ultra has had his run-ins with some parents if he has been coaching for 6 years. Its not really a hard thing to overcome, "if you dont like how I coach then take your kid off my team, if you want him to learn...then shut up and let me do my job." haha Maybe not in those exact words but you get the point.
    Some parents are afraid of the truth.
    But 95% of them are great and trust us very much.

    When it comes to opposing coaches or parents on our butts because they think we are dirty and they tell us to go to hell, the soldier in me wants to come out and ask that parent "what number is your son?"
    Then give them the throat slash gesture.
    But I am a professional and do not do that.
    Plus, I would probably get banned.

  9. #19
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Violent Defense, a Video of my team!

    Jesus... Those kids are athletic for how young they are.

    You can't teach aggressiveness.

  10. #20
    IBleedPurple11's Avatar
    IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    414

    Re: Violent Defense, a Video of my team!

    My lil bro would run laps on your team. haha he is legit.


    *SKOL!*

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Video - Defense From Chargers Game
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 01:00 PM
  2. Vikings Defense Looking Strong - VIDEO
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 02:41 PM
  3. Team working to improve defense
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-23-2006, 04:11 AM
  4. 3 vikes on brandt's all <25 team [defense]
    By pepper 0n moss in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 11:42 AM
  5. Viking Team Analysis - Defense
    By nzviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 11:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •